Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-11-2007, 10:00 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantRutgersFan View Post
Man you have little faith. theses no reason Jacobs cant break out this year. Least I could do is put him on a list of like 10 guys. I didnt even state an opinion. Plus he has a fairly good run blocking O-Line and teams dont stack in the box against us. Im expecting 1000 yards from him. Not for him to be dominant, but to be a nice RB.

My opinion happens to be that Deangelo Williams is gonna have a nice season and really make a name for himself.

As for Cadilac, he has a major sophmore slump last year. he hasnt established himself yet and has to prove that his rookie year wasnt a fluke.
I would just rather have you put your opinion on the matter on hold until we have some factual proof to support it. When you make so many threads stating cases for Giant players, you leave all of us open to criticism. Realistically, everything youre projecting won't happen. Maybe some of it, but not all of it. And that leaves us open to the "homer" tag.

Im iffy on Jacobs. Ive been iffy on him for awhile. I have much more confidence in Eli than Jacobs.
Old 04-11-2007, 10:04 PM    (permalink
GiantRutgersFan
Veteran

GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I would just rather have you put your opinion on the matter on hold until we have some factual proof to support it. When you make so many threads stating cases for Giant players, you leave all of us open to criticism. Realistically, everything youre projecting won't happen. Maybe some of it, but not all of it. And that leaves us open to the "homer" tag.

Im iffy on Jacobs. Ive been iffy on him for awhile. I have much more confidence in Eli than Jacobs.
I didnt even post my opinion until you asked.... I just said post a breakout RB and gave some guys as possibilitys. Im not gonna exclude a Giant just because I am a Giants fan...

Some other non Giants poster already said that he thinks Jacobs could breakout. Its definitly possible. Not like I said David Tyree could break out at WR....

Anyways im just gonna let this thread continue because I am interested in others opinions on the subject
Old 04-11-2007, 10:07 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Benson should since Jones is out of town

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 10:17 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

If he is given the chance, I'd keep an eye out for Morency. Especially if we can get more plays like this. Silly Lions.
Old 04-11-2007, 10:19 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

I doubt Morency will be the Packers #1 runningback by the time the season starts. The Packers will definitely draft somebody on day one and at worst they'll split carries with Morency.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 10:27 PM    (permalink
Hurricane Ditka
Team Leader
All-Pro

Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cedric Benson.

sig by VLS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
I don't care...
Hurricane Ditka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 10:38 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
Vernand Morency is my pick. I think he's going to be given the starting job in Green Bay and now that the rookies on that OL have a year of experience I think the blocking will be much better for him.
He speaks the truth! How come when Najeh got a 100yd there was so much talk about him, but when Morency does he gets no publicity. Noah Herron also had 100yds. Those two could work great together. Thunder&Lighting
Anyway my list
Ladell Betts(Sorta had one, needs to get out of WAS)
Deangelo Williams
Caddilac

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 10:40 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
He speaks the truth! How come when Najeh got a 100yd there was so much talk about him, but when Morency does he gets no publicity. Noah Herron also had 100yds. Those two could work great together. Thunder&Lighting
Anyway my list
Ladell Betts(Sorta had one, needs to get out of WAS)
Deangelo Williams
Caddilac
Morency/Herron would be one of the worst runningback tandems in the NFL. Neither has proven anything.
Old 04-11-2007, 10:53 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
Morency/Herron would be one of the worst runningback tandems in the NFL. Neither has proven anything.
I wish the Bucs played in the NFC North.....

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 11:00 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
I wish the Bucs played in the NFC North.....
They would still get stomped.
Old 04-11-2007, 11:09 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What do you mean, both had 100yd games, that was enough for many to call Gado and davenport starters

Old 04-11-2007, 11:11 PM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i hope that post is a joke...

Sig by me... Hold the applause.
VoteLynnSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 11:11 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cedric Benson...

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 11:12 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoteLynnSwan View Post
i hope that post is a joke...
no, im serious. How can people call Gado/Davenport starters but not Morency/Herron?

Old 04-11-2007, 11:12 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Quote:
What do you mean, both had 100yd games, that was enough for many to call Gado and davenport starters
Since when does having one 100 yard game qualify you as a starter? Gado was never a starter. Davenport might have been able to be a fringe starter before his injuries. Morency and Herron have shown nothing that would indicate they are anything other than backups. Take the homer shades off.
Old 04-11-2007, 11:15 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Since when does having one 100 yard game qualify you as a starter? Gado was never a starter. Davenport might have been able to be a fringe starter before his injuries. Morency and Herron have shown nothing that would indicate they are anything other than backups. Take the homer shades off.
I'll let the numbers do the talking

Morency http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpag.../gamelogs/2006
Herron http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpag.../gamelogs/2006
Herron didnt put up alot of yards but he had a good amount of catches

Old 04-11-2007, 11:20 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I'll let the numbers do the talking

Morency http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpag.../gamelogs/2006
Herron http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpag.../gamelogs/2006
Herron didnt put up alot of yards but he had a good amount of catches
Wow, Herron shredded the St. Louis Rams for 106 yards rushing. Morrency tallied 101 yards on the ground against the Arizona Cardinals. Pencil those two in as starters.
Old 04-11-2007, 11:23 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
They would still get stomped.
Very funny, especially considering how badly we have stomped the NFC North in the past 3 years. Out of 6 games, our only 2 losses were to Chicago, and each one was a 3-point loss. Last year, in our only NFC North game, an injury depleted Bucs squad took the complacent Bears to Overtime in Chicago, with TIM RATTAY leading us in our comeback over the "mighty" Bears defense to force the game into OT, where we lost. I don't really see where the stomping occurred. Or maybe you want to date back to 2002, where we stomped the Packers en route to a playoff bye and eventually a Super Bowl. Your ignorance is even more dumbfounding when you consider how our team is improving since we posted that 6-2 mark against the North, and it could be argued that some of the teams in the North are declining/rebuilding. Next time you try to be a smartass troll, look over the facts and think before talking. Worry more about embarassing yourself instead of trying to be funny.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-11-2007, 11:26 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Very funny, especially considering how badly we have stomped the NFC North in the past 3 years. Out of 6 games, our only 2 losses were to Chicago, and each one was a 3-point loss. Last year, in our only NFC North game, an injury depleted Bucs squad took the complacent Bears to Overtime in Chicago, with TIM RATTAY leading us in our comeback over the "mighty" Bears defense to force the game into OT, where we lost. I don't really see where the stomping occurred. Or maybe you want to date back to 2002, where we stomped the Packers en route to a playoff bye and eventually a Super Bowl. Your ignorance is even more dumbfounding when you consider how our team is improving since we posted that 6-2 mark against the North, and it could be argued that some of the teams in the North are declining/rebuilding. Next time you try to be a smartass troll, look over the facts and think before talking. Worry more about embarassing yourself instead of trying to be funny.
Get real. The Bucaneers are one of the worst teams in football. You can bring up all the statistics you want but the truth is that the Bucs simply aren't a very talented team. The Bears would crush them routinely and arguments could be made for both the Packers and Vikings. As for rebuilding, what do you think Tampa Bay is doing?
Old 04-11-2007, 11:27 PM    (permalink
Green Bay Scat
Pro Bowler

Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.

yea and everyone predicted Willie Parker to have that great year in 05. anything can happen
Green Bay Scat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 11:27 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Wow, Herron shredded the St. Louis Rams for 106 yards rushing. Morrency tallied 101 yards on the ground against the Arizona Cardinals. Pencil those two in as starters.
So Davenport gets 100 yards against STL and you say hes a borderline starter,but when Morency/Herron do it you wont even give them a little recognition. Morency's 101 came on 11 carries too.

Old 04-11-2007, 11:29 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Quote:
So Davenport gets 100 yards against STL and you say hes a borderline starter,but when Morency/Herron do it you wont even give them a little recognition. Morency's 101 came on 11 carries too.
It's one game. Davenport showed flashes behind Ahman Green for a few seasons. He would be a fringe starter before his injury.
Old 04-11-2007, 11:35 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

Red face

Quote:
It's one game. Davenport showed flashes behind Ahman Green for a few seasons. He would be a fringe starter before his injury.
Crap ran out of stuff to say. Morency has only played for 2 years and that year in HOU was dismal at best. You got me there

Old 04-11-2007, 11:37 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Get real. The Bucaneers are one of the worst teams in football. You can bring up all the statistics you want but the truth is that the Bucs simply aren't a very talented team. The Bears would crush them routinely and arguments could be made for both the Packers and Vikings. As for rebuilding, what do you think Tampa Bay is doing?
You say the Bears would crush us routinely, but we were horrible last year and took them to OT....This year we have improved at almost every position, our starting QB is healthy, and we still have the draft to look forward to with the possibility of adding CJ and defensive youth. There's no doubt that we have some holes, but to say we are one of the worst teams in football is untrue. Many factors played into last season's struggles, including injuries, hard schedule, rookie QB and brutal OLine. This year all of those factors have been eliminated, and we still have a great coach in Jon Gruden. The Vikings absolutely suck, as do the Lions (inconsistent). The Packers are improving but have no run game and an aging QB, with holes still left to fill in other positions. The NFC North is a cakewalk overall, be real with yourself. Our defense is in rebuilding mode before our aging stars retire, but our team is not in rebuilding overall. Our offense has young talent in place already, and we have a coach who wants to win right now to save his job. Early schedule projections point towards us having about a 7-9 record, but replace the Panthers, Falcons & Saints with the NFC North and we can be at least over .500. I don't see that as getting stomped.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-11-2007, 11:44 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Quote:
You say the Bears would crush us routinely, but we were horrible last year and took them to OT....This year we have improved at almost every position, our starting QB is healthy, and we still have the draft to look forward to with the possibility of adding CJ and defensive youth. There's no doubt that we have some holes, but to say we are one of the worst teams in football is untrue. Many factors played into last season's struggles, including injuries, hard schedule, rookie QB and brutal OLine. This year all of those factors have been eliminated, and we still have a great coach in Jon Gruden. The Vikings absolutely suck, as do the Lions (inconsistent). The Packers are improving but have no run game and an aging QB, with holes still left to fill in other positions. The NFC North is a cakewalk overall, be real with yourself. Our defense is in rebuilding mode before our aging stars retire, but our team is not in rebuilding overall. Our offense has young talent in place already, and we have a coach who wants to win right now to save his job. Early schedule projections point towards us having about a 7-9 record, but replace the Panthers, Falcons & Saints with the NFC North and we can be at least over .500. I don't see that as getting stomped.
You honestly think the team with the 4th overall pick this season would stand a chance against the Bears? Anything can happen on any given Sunday but the Bears are clearly a much better team than the Bucs. I would rate the Packers ahead of the Bucs as well. The Vikings have some big question marks but so do the Bucs. The Lions are pretty terrible right now. Realistically, I couldn't see the Bucs finishing higher in the standings than the Bears or Packers next season.