Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 12-03-2011, 08:30 PM    (permalink
Hellisan
Rookie

Hellisan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hellisan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hellisan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hellisan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hellisan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hellisan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hellisan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hellisan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hellisan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hellisan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hellisan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Ronnie Hillman, HB, San Diego St. (SO)

He is draft eligible. He has a decent amount of miles on him in college and has played (exceedingly well in fact) hurt. Family doesn't have a lot of money. Losing Lindley after the season. Translation: 100% going pro.

Wondering what others think of him. I have been watching him for two years and a few things stick out.

-Yes, he's pretty slight. Although the black uniforms make it a little exaggerated. He is VERY wiry strong despite the lack of obvious bulk.

edit: Here's an interview where you can see, he's not exactly tiny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=HSkfZ3UGDGU

-Awesome body lean for a guy his size. Almost never loses yardage. Deceptive inside runner, he has had the occasional game where he tries to break too many runs outside but whenever they have had him coached up to stay inside he does really well in there.

-In space he is just deadly, his combination of lateral moves, change of gears, and very good top end speed have resulted in a lot of fantastic runs over the course of his short career. His speed has translated best against big conference competition such as when he single-handedly destroyed Missouri and only a bad call at the end preserved the Missou win.

-plays really well when hurt. Last week with a sore high ankle sprain that limited him to about 80% of his top speed, he had 192 yards.

I'd like to know what the experts think.

Here are some recent highlights against Wyoming including a 99-yard run.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCVe7Sunokg

Here is a highlight video called the second coming...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyNWPk7Oq90

The second coming of whom though? Faulk? LOL... I have given it a lot of thought, and the guy he reminds me of the most is Priest Holmes. They both had sort of a gliding, shuffling action to the way they run behind the line, not picking up their feet too much unless they hit bodies on the ground or get to the second level... both have/had incredible quick lateral movement to make people totally miss in short areas. Although Priest was bigger and stronger, Hillman will probably bulk up eventually.

Last edited by Hellisan : 12-03-2011 at 11:07 PM.
Hellisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 08:31 PM    (permalink
Hellisan
Rookie

Hellisan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hellisan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hellisan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hellisan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hellisan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hellisan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hellisan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hellisan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hellisan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hellisan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hellisan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I guess I'm too new to post images? The first link is just a pic... Thanks guys.
Old 12-04-2011, 12:38 AM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like him, but...like you said size, competition, and i haven't watched whole games so highlights are only something that get my attention but doesn't prove he's legit.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 08:02 PM    (permalink
Hellisan
Rookie

Named a 3rd Team All American.

One team too low IMO, but still nice considering what college he plays for.
Old 12-15-2011, 10:09 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like him a lot. He dominated us when we played him at home. It probably helped that he had Vincent Brown at WR.
Old 12-15-2011, 10:14 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I saw him earlier this season and I came away impressed. He's small but he's dynamic.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 02:47 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Last night Hillman looked very quick; smooth scat-back with a little bit of value catching the ball. San Diego State tried lining up up in a few different spots (including split out wide) but he had some trouble finding lanes against a few stacked fronts. Not as powerful as Jordan Todman last year but seems fairly similar as a runner.
Old 12-27-2011, 11:47 PM    (permalink
ellsy82
Veteran

ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellisan View Post

He is draft eligible. He has a decent amount of miles on him in college and has played (exceedingly well in fact) hurt. Family doesn't have a lot of money. Losing Lindley after the season. Translation: 100% going pro.
Looks like you were 100% correct. Rep points for you, sir.
"He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there." Elway's take on Lambert
ellsy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 03:04 AM    (permalink
Bald_81
Rookie

Bald_81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bald_81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bald_81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bald_81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bald_81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bald_81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bald_81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bald_81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bald_81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bald_81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bald_81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was curious to see what opinions there are about Hillman. What is his draft range? The Rams have pretty much made it clear that they're looking for a change of pace back to compliment SJ, so I think Ronnie could be a likely target. I also believe he is being underrated quite a bit and will go higher than most anticipate.
Bald_81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 06:20 PM    (permalink
norcalgsr
Veteran

norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hillman plans to add 10 lbs before the Combine:
http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2012/...ing-again-nfl/

Personally, I like him more than LaMichael James
norcalgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 02:07 PM    (permalink
Hellisan
Rookie

So the Broncos took him early in the 3rd round IIRC.

I would have said "see, this verifies that at least one NFL team sees him as possibly more than a scatback" because that was too early for a scatback.

However, the pick before that they took that QB from ASU, Osweiler. I think you could do just as well if you took your pick straight to a shredder and threw it in there. Needless to say, I'm not exactly a fan of their thinking right now, so I'm not sure how I feel about the Hillman selection.
Old 04-28-2012, 02:43 PM    (permalink
norcalgsr
Veteran

norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Peyton Manning must have loved Hillman's jump/hop cuts that reminded him of Joseph Addai.
norcalgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 05:01 PM    (permalink
Hellisan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalgsr View Post
Peyton Manning must have loved Hillman's jump/hop cuts that reminded him of Joseph Addai.
Still reminds me of P. Holmes... or Clinton Portis.