Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New Orleans Saints Team Forum

New Orleans Saints Team Forum Discuss the Saints

View Poll Results:
0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-28-2012, 03:33 PM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Agreed. Any of those would be a steal. My top 2 would be Johnson and Potter.

Signature made by me

Sveen's 2014 NFL Draft Spreadsheet
Sveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 03:58 PM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We shall see pretty soon. All the guys still on the board.

Signature made by me

Old 04-28-2012, 04:02 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With pick 179, the New Orleans Saints select: Andrew Tiller, G, Syracuse.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 04:05 PM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Anyone know anything about him?

Signature made by me

Old 04-28-2012, 04:16 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Only what i posted above. I would have been happier with Winston Guy.

Old 04-28-2012, 04:26 PM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

I like that we picked up a guard, but it obviously remains to be seen if he sticks on the roster. Hopefully some of the guys we mentioned earlier are still on the board in the 7th.

Signature made by me

Old 04-28-2012, 05:57 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think white will be a CB for us.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 06:21 PM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Here hoping for Cam Johnson in round 7.

Signature made by me

Old 04-28-2012, 06:37 PM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Marcel Jones, T, Nebraska it is. The next Carl Nicks? We can only hope :-)

Signature made by me

Old 04-28-2012, 09:41 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone else not happy with the way the draft turned out?

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 11:18 PM    (permalink
Saints Dome Patrol
Team Leader
Veteran

Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
I'm not too sold on the Saints' draft either. But given the fact we didn't pick until the third round doesn't help.

According to ESPN's NFC South blogger Pat Yasinskas, he had some good things to say about the Saints' selections of Samford safety Corey White and Syracuse OG Andrew Tiller.

With White, Yasinskas says not only does New Orleans have history of success with small school prospects, the safety also has good cover skills, which plays into new defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo's system.

In regards to Tiller, Yasinskas said the guard's college coach was Doug Marrone, who was formerly the Saints' offensive coordinator. According to the blog entry, this should be an advantage for both the team and the player himself.

I do agree, I wasn't blown away with the Saints' draft. We'll also have to see what other players the Saints get as undrafted free agents as well. But of course, time will tell. All of you guys know that you can't determine the success of a draft overnight. But it is fun to second-guess.

Sig by jkpigskin

SUPER BOWL XLIV CHAMPIONS! Bless you boys!

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Check out my blog!
http://sportsinsomniacs.wordpress.com/

Follow myself and The Sports Insomniacs on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/SportInsomniacs

Last edited by Saints Dome Patrol : 04-28-2012 at 11:25 PM.
Saints Dome Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 12:26 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's my do-over Saints draft based off of players that were available when the Saints were on the clock:

Round 3 - LaDarius Green, TE, UL-L
Round 4 - Jared Crick, DT, Nebraska
Round 5 - Marvin Jones, WR, Cal
Round 6 - Brandon Washington, OG/OT, Miami
Round 7 - Cam Johnson, DE, Virginia

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 04-29-2012, 01:18 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well our history is usually eh in the first rounds and knock it out in the middle to late rounds. Hicks is boom or bust but Toon is a GREAT pick and White will be a 4th CB for us.
Old 04-29-2012, 04:52 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i think most picks felt a bit reachlike to be quite honest. also kinda suprised that no cornerbacks where picked (i think our samford guy will be jenkins backup if he works out)

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 05:16 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Here's my do-over Saints draft based off of players that were available when the Saints were on the clock:

Round 4 - Jared Crick, DT, Nebraska
Round 5 - Marvin Jones, WR, Cal
Round 6 - Brandon Washington, OG/OT, Miami
Round 7 - Cam Johnson, DE, Virginia
mine (somehwat similar probably)

Round 4 - Zebrie Sanders, OT, Florida State
Round 5 - Juron Criner, WR, Arizona
Round 6 - Billy Winn, DT, Boise State
Round 7 - Trevin Wade, CB, Arizona

realistically id probably pick crick in the fourth or brandon thompson in the third given that i dont have the hindsight of winn in the sixth

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 04-29-2012, 11:49 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
i think most picks felt a bit reachlike to be quite honest. also kinda suprised that no cornerbacks where picked (i think our samford guy will be jenkins backup if he works out)
I felt the same way. The only pick that had great value was Toon, which is incidentally, the only pick that I'm not upset about. Well, the Marcel Jones pick is hard to get upset about since he went in the 7th about where he was projected.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 04-29-2012, 12:23 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

I'm pissed no Jordan Jefferson! Sean could have made him a HoF'er.
Old 04-29-2012, 02:36 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

I'm really surprised the Saints didn't try to bring in DeAngelo Peterson as a UDFA.

I think the team might have grown infatuated with small school guys given the success of Colston and Evans.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 04-29-2012, 10:57 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:

I think the team might have grown infatuated with small school guys given the success of Colston and Evans.
I don't have a problem with that as long as it doesn't serve as a detriment to selecting big school names who are available and possibly more talented.

Old 04-30-2012, 07:09 AM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well most people are ranking our Draft class as the worst of the bunch this year, which is somewhat understandable as our Draft was pretty much completely gutted from the start and our first pick ended up being in latter part of the 3rd round.

Most of the needs Loomis tried to address in FA which is always his plan, most of the Draft picks are going to have to scrap, and claw their way onto the roster. We ended up with competition for the 4th WR spot, some O-line depth which was much needed after losing Nicks, and having Strief injured for parts of last year, and a project DE.. to which if he pans out great if not we have other guys we're grooming. (Galette, Romeous, Jordan)
Old 04-30-2012, 12:03 PM    (permalink
Who Dat Nation
Rookie

Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OFFICIAL list of UDFA's signed by the Saints (18 total)

Kadarron Anderson LB Furman
Malcolm Beyah WR Middle Tenn State
Braylon Broughton DE TCU
Jacob Byrne TE Wisconsin
Travaris Cadet RB Appalachian State
Adrian Davis DB Jacksonville State
Brian Folkerts C Washburn
Chris Givens WR Miami (OH)
Jose Gumbs S Monmouth
Kevin Hardy WR Citadel
Dan Hoch OT Missouri
Stephen Johnson LB Temple
Jerico Nelson S Arkansas
Laron Scott RS Georgia Southern
Aderious Simmons OT Arizona State
Aaron Tevis LB Boise State
Johnny Thomas S Oklahoma State
Tyrunn Walker DE/DT Tulsa

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf...ficial_un.html

Sig by BoneKrusher
Who Dat Nation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 09:02 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

I see nothing but camp bodies.

Old 05-01-2012, 04:13 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
I see nothing but camp bodies.
scott or cadet (who will be a wideout id think, not a rb) should have a shot. Besides, none of us saw guys like ivory or asa coming

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 05-01-2012, 08:42 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

I can see maybe about 3 really vying for a roster spot. The rest are camp bodies. The Saints missed out on all the games I wanted as UDFA's :(

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 05-05-2012, 10:33 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

People questioning our UDFAs? Have we not learned anything by now?
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote