Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum

Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum Who dey gonna discuss dem Bengals?

Old 04-28-2012, 03:29 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Sims 90 View Post
Marvin Jones and George Iloka again value picks.
I didnt think Iloka to that pick at all because honestly,...I thought he was off the board already. Both solid picks.
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 03:34 PM    (permalink
Clarkpba
Rookie

Clarkpba is a cocksman.Clarkpba is a cocksman.Clarkpba is a cocksman.Clarkpba is a cocksman.Clarkpba is a cocksman.

A lot of people were high on Iloka at the safety spot. Again I think he will be a depth player and not a starter but could turn into one if Mays or Sands doesn't work out as planned. Who has some details on Jones? My question is how does he do returning kicks?
Clarkpba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 03:36 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkpba View Post
A lot of people were high on Iloka at the safety spot. Again I think he will be a depth player and not a starter but could turn into one if Mays or Sands doesn't work out as planned. Who has some details on Jones? My question is how does he do returning kicks?
I wouldnt consider him anything but a possession receiver.
Old 04-28-2012, 04:44 PM    (permalink
rickscott
Veteran

rickscott hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Danny Herron our final pick. Not over crazy about him, would have preferred Polk but he must have medical concerns.
rickscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 04:45 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Polk has a dengenerated hip. He more then likely won't be drafted.

Herron may be a nice complement back we will see.

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 04:46 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think you guys easily had the best draft this year, all you need is a RB.

EDIT: Nevermind. LOVE the Herron pick, huge fan of his.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 04:48 PM    (permalink
Clarkpba
Rookie

Clarkpba is a cocksman.Clarkpba is a cocksman.Clarkpba is a cocksman.Clarkpba is a cocksman.Clarkpba is a cocksman.

Being an OSU fan I've seen a lot of Herron. He is a solid running back but nothing special. I'd be shocked if he even makes the team honestly. He runs hard but doesn't have a lot of vision or shifty moves. Actually reminds me of how Benson was the last few years. Go where the hole should be and run hard through it or into the back of the lineman that are in it.
Old 04-28-2012, 04:56 PM    (permalink
Clarkpba
Rookie

As a final thought on the draft I think the Bengals did a very good job of getting solid players that should contribute. There were a few guys that are special teams/practice squad guys but for the most part They really did well. What I feel was the best part about it was they didn't reach for a single player. The only thing that I didn't see i would have liked to was a Line Backer somewhere in there. I feel they could have passed on one of the DT's to pick up some depth for the LB core.
Old 04-28-2012, 09:02 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like the Bengals have signed Vontaze Burfict as a UDFA. He is a big Headcase, but i am fine it beacuse they did not waste a draft pick on him.

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 02:27 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thought we had a fantastic draft and got tons of value with nearly every one of our picks. Really loved seeing Orson Charles' name pop up there in the 4th round. Kids got all the ability in the world and I genuinely believe he's a good guy who just made one mistake. If not for that DUI he would've likely been drafted in the 2nd round.

We had a really good 1st round but damn we straight up nailed rounds 2-4 IMO. Still, Sanu, Thompson, and Charles were all awesome picks for where we got them.

Kpat is gonna be a force if he can keep his head on straight and take to vets like Leon, Clements, and Newman. I think Zeitler could be a similar player to Andrew Whitworth if he continues to develop. Both had similar 'athleticism' concerns but could maul in the run game and simply did not give up sacks during their careers at the collegiate level.

Filled two huge needs and got two really talented players. Great draft and I can't wait to see these guys in Stripes!

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 10:33 AM    (permalink
SC Igniter
Rookie

SC Igniter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.SC Igniter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

With FA & the draft behind us, here is a simple binary (Y/N) rating of this years team vs. last.

QB - Y
Dalton has 1 yr exp plus will get a full off season to get ready will make him a better player. Thought we might of added a pick here

RB - Y
This is a close one, BenJarvis stats are about the same as Benson's in yds per carry, but he excels in short yardage and doesn't fumble which is an improvement. Again I thought we would pick someone early than the last round. This will be a big year for Scott to shown out

WR - Y
Sanu will be a better route runner, is smarter & will be more "accountable" compared to Simpson. I rate M Jones about the same as Caldwell. With Shipley back plus Hawkins & our man AJ Green makes for a pretty good group. Don't think much of the rest - Whalen, Tate or Binns.

TE. - Y
Charles adds a new wringle, gives us another weapon in the red zone and should compliment Gresham nicely.

OL - Y
Zietler will be a main stay on the line for years, safe to say it was needed and an upgrade for us. Losing Livings and replacing with Wharton is a wash.

DE - N
Harvey & Anderson aren't as good as Fanene & Rucker. Will we be able to see what Dunlap can do for a full season being healthy? Mild surprise we didn't address this in the draft.

DT - Y
Wow did we add some talent at this position with the Still & Thompson picks. Rotating these folks with Atkins & Peko will be fun to watch. Sims is the odd man out and wasn't going to be a long term option for us because he wants more money than we are willing to pay. Too bad as I really liked him, however, we will be better this next season.

LB - N
Basically the same group as last yr with the FA resignings. Really thought they were going to add someone here. Probably will still add another player in FA.

CB - Y
Kirkpatrick is to be groomed by our vets, added Allen in FA. We are filled at this spot. My yes is contingent upon a complete recovery with Hall. I really like Dre.

S - N
Don't think that Iioka is going to transform this group. I really don't know what we would have done if didn't resign Nelson. Big question mark if Mays and Sands can step up. Zimmer appears to be content at this spot, he must have a backup plan that were not aware of.

With this simple check list has us as a better team and I believe this to be the case.

Let me known if I grossly missed something and any comments.

Last edited by SC Igniter : 04-29-2012 at 10:39 AM. Reason: Added info
SC Igniter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 12:28 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

Quote:
RB - Y
This is a close one, BenJarvis stats are about the same as Benson's in yds per carry, but he excels in short yardage and doesn't fumble which is an improvement. Again I thought we would pick someone early than the last round. This will be a big year for Scott to shown out
I truly believe that this could be Scotts last year. I dont think he can handle a feature roll in the NFL. He flashed that he wanted to sometimes but couldn't be consistent enough to follow through. I think you will see guys like Leonard and Peerman doing more this year. Heck you might see Aaron Brown stepping up.

Quote:
WR - Y
Sanu will be a better route runner, is smarter & will be more "accountable" compared to Simpson. I rate M Jones about the same as Caldwell. With Shipley back plus Hawkins & our man AJ Green makes for a pretty good group. Don't think much of the rest - Whalen, Tate or Binns.]
We have alot of receivers and I think Tate loses the KR job and will no longer be on the roster. Green, Sanu, Shipley, Hawkins, Jones, and Whalen will be the 6. I think the Binns hype article early in the season was a smoke screen or simply propaganda to make us feel better about the WR corps.

Quote:
TE. - Y
Charles adds a new wringle, gives us another weapon in the red zone and should compliment Gresham nicely.
Two headed TE dragon. You are going to see alot of 2 TE sets this year.

Quote:
OL - Y
Zietler will be a main stay on the line for years, safe to say it was needed and an upgrade for us. Losing Livings and replacing with Wharton is a wash
I believe Wharton is a better player than Livings. Losing Livings and gaining Wharton should make us a better football team. Whitworth - Wharton - Cook - Zietler - Smith, that is a good starting oline. Backed up with Collins and Boling.

Quote:
DE - N
Harvey & Anderson aren't as good as Fanene & Rucker. Will we be able to see what Dunlap can do for a full season being healthy? Mild surprise we didn't address this in the draft.
I think Harvey and Anderson were drafted into the wrong teams. They could very well be signed on to the right team now. They won't be relied on heavily and instead will be part of a Dline rotation that can keep them fresh and hopefully productive. I have some minor hopes for them. I know Marvin was big on Harvey a few drafts back. No surprise he picked him up in FA. Maybe one of the new guys can knock off Geathers.

Quote:
DT - Y
Wow did we add some talent at this position with the Still & Thompson picks. Rotating these folks with Atkins & Peko will be fun to watch. Sims is the odd man out and wasn't going to be a long term option for us because he wants more money than we are willing to pay. Too bad as I really liked him, however, we will be better this next season.
I like Sims too. We have one deep DT rotation.

Quote:
LB - N
Basically the same group as last yr with the FA resignings. Really thought they were going to add someone here. Probably will still add another player in FA.
For some reason this just seemed like a weak LB class. It also doesnt bother me that the Bengals didnt draft a LB either because honestly we have been **** when it comes to drafting LB's.
2011 - Moch (injury)
2010 - Muckelroy (Injury)
2009 - Maualuga (Character Concerns, Bust? Verdict still out?)
2008 - Rivers (Bust, Injury)
2006 - Nicholson (AFL, Rapists?)
2005 - Thurman (Character, Bust)
2005 - Pollack (Injury)
2004 - Miller (Below Average, Out of League)
2004 - Johnson (7 seasons in NFL, had some very good seasons)
2003 - Abdullah (NFL 2 seasons, CFL 2 seasons)

Quote:
CB - Y
Kirkpatrick is to be groomed by our vets, added Allen in FA. We are filled at this spot. My yes is contingent upon a complete recovery with Hall. I really like Dre.
Even with Hall not fully recovering by seasons start I think this team is still looking good at CB going into the season. Kirk, Allen, Clements, Jones, Newman, Ghee. Newman and Ghee wont be playing much (if they even make the team). Allen and Clements could easily start on most teams in the NFL.

Quote:
S - N
Don't think that Iioka is going to transform this group. I really don't know what we would have done if didn't resign Nelson. Big question mark if Mays and Sands can step up. Zimmer appears to be content at this spot, he must have a backup plan that were not aware of.
Feel as the Iioka dropped in the draft due to scuffles he had on the field with Coaches and probably a poor senior campaign. I can see why anyone would believe he may not contribute. We have Nelson, Mays and Sands. Mays has to step up big this year.
Old 04-30-2012, 12:04 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want to congratulate you guys on a great draft. I thought Zeitler was overdrafted a bit but not too bad. The value for Sanu, Thompson, and especially Still, Jones, and Iloka was very high, great picks. Charles will be a good complement to Gresham, Dalton will have lots of options to throw to next year.

Maybe I am jumping the gun but I think you guys will be at least #2 in the division next year and won't be surprised if you win the North outright.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 03:01 PM    (permalink
NotMyJob
Rookie

NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
I want to congratulate you guys on a great draft. I thought Zeitler was overdrafted a bit but not too bad. The value for Sanu, Thompson, and especially Still, Jones, and Iloka was very high, great picks. Charles will be a good complement to Gresham, Dalton will have lots of options to throw to next year.

Maybe I am jumping the gun but I think you guys will be at least #2 in the division next year and won't be surprised if you win the North outright.
thanks! was a little bit disappointed with how the first round went, but overall i'm pretty stoked about the class. Orson Charles and Devon Still i can't wait to see.
Old 05-01-2012, 05:56 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Two things I am most excited for coming out of this draft:
1. DL rotation is going to be straight nasty and people will be eaten alive.
2. Dalton gets some new toys in Sanu, Charles, Jones to add to the mix with Green, Shipley, and Gresh. Good god, this is going to be fun to watch.

worker bees can leave
even drones can fly away
the queen is their slave

themaninblack
hobbes2053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 09:18 PM    (permalink
Clarkpba
Rookie

Something to watch and see how it works out is Vontaze Burfict. Lets face it the guy is a super star talent wise. Now upstairs he has a 10 cent brain but if he can keep focused and maintain a level head he will be the steal of the century. Some draft experts have compared him to Ray Lewis.
Old 05-01-2012, 09:21 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

you guys need moar brian leonard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 09:06 AM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkpba View Post
Something to watch and see how it works out is Vontaze Burfict. Lets face it the guy is a super star talent wise. Now upstairs he has a 10 cent brain but if he can keep focused and maintain a level head he will be the steal of the century. Some draft experts have compared him to Ray Lewis.
Most important word. He is a complete moron, but a monster on the field. One of those personalities is going to come out, and I just hope it's the latter as he can do anything when he's on his game.

worker bees can leave
even drones can fly away
the queen is their slave

themaninblack
hobbes2053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 10:47 AM    (permalink
OhioJB
Rookie

OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post

I also think you could finish 2nd in the division, right behind the Cleveland Browns. Time to start beating down the Squealers and Ratbirds.
OhioJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 03:31 PM    (permalink
NotMyJob
Rookie

NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

good job murdering the conversation, OhioJB. :D

i'm not sure how reliable this site is but:

http://stripehype.com/hub/seahawks-c...ted-receivers/

Seahawks corner calling AJ overrated.
Old 06-05-2012, 11:33 AM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotMyJob View Post

He say this back after the game against Seattle?
Old 06-05-2012, 06:05 PM    (permalink
NotMyJob
Rookie

that's a good question, didn't see a date anywhere on that.

he didn't have a bad game though, 60 something yards and a TD
Old 06-10-2012, 06:21 AM    (permalink
OhioJB
Rookie

OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotMyJob View Post

1) Thanks.

2) AJ Green overrated? Nah. I'd take him on the Browns in a heartbeat. In fact, if he had been available when the Browns were on the clock a year ago, I highly doubt they would have traded the pick to Atlanta. But now it's time for his and Dalton's sophmore slumps.
OhioJB is offline   Reply With Quote