Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-29-2012, 09:55 AM    (permalink
TNPatsFan
Veteran

TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackluck View Post
Matthew's final grade is higher than I would give lol.

I'm still really upset by the Wilson pick. That and the really poor return on the trade downs. There's a reason our pass defense is so bad, and taking players like Wilson in the position he was chosen is a large part of that. If he turns out to be a starting caliber safety I will gladly eat crow, but I find it hard to believe that he was the 48th best player coming out of college, or that they could not have found comparable value later on or even with a UDFA or a heck one of the veterans available. Maybe it's too early but it certainly feels like we burned yet another second round pick. I'm just so tired of all these failed defensive backs we have taken and our track record does not instill confidence that this pick will turn out any differently.

I understand complaining about it won't change anything, but it's the one thing I really wanted to see NE do differently this draft.
Yeah this is the main thing that is so hard to figure out. And not only that he's top 48, but you have to figure there were a number of players picked before him that BB would have rated lower on his board. How many? A dozen or so? So that would mean Wilson was actually in the top 35 to 40 players on BB's board.

At least he was able to get great value with Dennard in the 7th. So you just swap them with Dennard being the second round talent in the 7th versus Wilson the seventh round talent in the 2nd. Makes it a lot easier to swallow.

1 - Anyone but Shea McClellin, Derek Wolfe, Peter Konz, Kendall Reyes, Harrison Smith, Whitney Mercilus or a RB

2 Anyone but McClellin, Wolfe, Doug Martin or an OT

3 Anyone but Wolfe

TNPatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote