Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-29-2012, 11:25 AM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Discuss the draft class as a whole.

I'll start with KC V
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Carls 5 Year Plan View Post
just a quick few thoughts on this draft. it was the ultimate in unsexy. when the sexiest part of your draft is the athleticism of a NT or a 4th rd slot WR nick named "Wiggles", them its unsexy. however, as unsexy as it may have been, it was just what this team needed. we added depth at some key positions. we added LOTS of beef to the offensive and defensive lines. we have players with high potential at key positions where they can learn at become greatly improved. i'm a little surprized that a CB or true 5 tech wasn't drafted (or earlier), but all in all this isn't going to be a draft graded with a A+ from draft pundits. what is going to do is add a lot of lunch pale workers to this team at positions we needed help. later down the line, we may look back at this draft as a big reason for our sustained success

one quick pat on the back for myself (watch me break my arm doing it). the Chiefs selected and signed 0 QBs this entire weekend. as i said the second they signed Quinn, i felt they wouldn't draft a QB. i think they flirted with Tannehill, but ultimately they did not want to trade up to get him.

this is also a firm indication, as most of us know, that Stanzi is the QB of the Future and just because he didn't start any games last year it isn't reason to give up on him yet. that year of learning, watching film and practicing with this team will be invaluable. (on a side note, if only he were the magical age of 28 already, he could start over Cassel, right J? i guess you were right about a team taking him in round 1, but we have to wait a couple years to see his success. wait i mean this year, cause he won't get to many years of being avg before he collects social security.
onejayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote