Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 04-28-2012, 06:04 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunagan15 View Post
Massaqoui is a solid value pick, fullback was a waste tho
Fullback was not a waste, he will save us tons of money.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 06:25 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
Fullback was not a waste, he will save us tons of money.
There was no need to take him in the 5th.
Old 04-28-2012, 06:26 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
There was no need to take him in the 5th.
Exactly, we could have taken him in the 3rd.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 04-28-2012, 06:27 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Would have been a better pick than Lamar Holmes.
Old 04-28-2012, 06:40 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly I didn't like the Lamar Holmes pick but other than that I thought the draft was fine.
Old 04-28-2012, 07:29 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post
Honestly I didn't like the Lamar Holmes pick but other than that I thought the draft was fine.
Not picking Iloka really ****** things up.
Old 04-28-2012, 07:44 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Not picking Iloka really ****** things up.
I'm an enormous Iloka fan as well, so yeah that sucked. Let's hope he's not the next Kam Chancellor.
Old 04-28-2012, 07:50 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post
I'm an enormous Iloka fan as well, so yeah that sucked. Let's hope he's not the next Kam Chancellor.

Just taking Ewing over Iloka is disgraceful, and that single move would have changed up the rest of the draft.

Overall, I want to see what plays out with Mughelli and bringing in another free agent before I grade this. As it currently stands, I'd give it a D+.
Old 04-28-2012, 08:57 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Us not getting Iloka was upsetting. Holmes will do nothing. And as little as FBs are used would have been much better off just signing one. Didnt expect this draft to be anything exciting, but the 2 decent picks we had one was just horrid.
Old 04-28-2012, 11:05 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Falcons signed James Rodgers, Quizz brother. He can return kicks and punts, I love it.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 04-29-2012, 01:07 AM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
Falcons signed James Rodgers, Quizz brother. He can return kicks and punts, I love it.
between James Rodgers and Cody Pearcy we have two guys that can emulate what Weems did.

Owner of ScarDraft
Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report
scar988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 01:44 AM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

I actually am a fan of James Rodgers. Would be cool to have the two brothers on the same team.
Old 04-29-2012, 01:58 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by scar988 View Post
between James Rodgers and Cody Pearcy we have two guys that can emulate what Weems did.
I know a ton about James, and I think he has a good chance of winning the return duties.

I know nothing of Cody Pearcy, but after reading a little on who he is, I got really excited. He's a little white guy who runs a 4.3 and jumps 44 inches. He has speed to burn that's for sure. After watching his tape however, I don't like what I see. His speed does show on film, and he's really effective with the ball out of his hands. What I don't like is that he doesn't have the field vision to be good with the football, he just basically runs outside after a catch. Based on that I can't see him making the team.

I hope I'm wrong, but this is the way I see it.

Quote:
we all hate you

Last edited by Bosanac01 : 04-29-2012 at 02:01 AM.
Old 04-29-2012, 10:27 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Probably not.
Old 04-29-2012, 04:16 PM    (permalink
flrybranch
Rookie

flrybranch could make a wolverine purr.flrybranch could make a wolverine purr.flrybranch could make a wolverine purr.flrybranch could make a wolverine purr.flrybranch could make a wolverine purr.flrybranch could make a wolverine purr.flrybranch could make a wolverine purr.flrybranch could make a wolverine purr.

My view on the day after

Konz, 1st round talent and the Falcons got him in the last 2nd. Nastiness in the Middle!!

Holmes, May not have lasted to the late 5th round so he gets a little over drafted. Super high ceiling and will get every chance to succeed.

Ewing, best FB in the draft, but why draft him in rnd 5?

Massaquoi, nice pick. TD may have finally found a late round pass rusher. Not s 3 down DE, but still nice.

Mitchell, another nice pick. not sure he will ever earn a starting spot, but should be decent backup and ST contributor

Robertson, worked with Vance Walker, lets hope Robertson works out as well.
Old 04-29-2012, 05:53 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Liked the draft outside of Holmes. Can't see him being much better than average as an NFL tackle.

Konz I like. Don't like the injury concerns at all, though.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 07:31 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post

Konz I like. Don't like the injury concerns at all, though.
"Everything checked out fine," GM Thomas Dimitroff said of Konz's medical. "The blood clots were an anomaly. ... He's cleared up very well. He's a durable guy."

Has never played a complete season. I hate you TD.
Old 04-30-2012, 12:30 AM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

I know it's just a Pro Day but holy crap Cody Pearcy ripped it up. He's probably too small to ever accomplish anything at the NFL level though. 4.31 40 yard dash, 3.71 shuttle, 44 inch vertical, 10'6 broad. That's ridiculous.
Old 04-30-2012, 06:38 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Pearcy could make in impact as a return man I think that is his best shot. He reminds me of Brandon Banks. Banks is like 5'7 155 and Pearcy is 5'10 160
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 08:39 AM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm shocked you guys don't like Lamar Holmes. Dude is a pure pass protector and has the beef to get better in run blocking

Owner of ScarDraft
Old 04-30-2012, 08:59 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
I'm shocked you guys don't like Lamar Holmes. Dude is a pure pass protector and has the beef to get better in run blocking

If being big and the ability to bend means pure pass protector, then sure. However he lacks range in his drop and his footwork stops on contact. He's a 3 year project for a win now team.

The pick was also made with Brandon Thompson, Lamar Miller, Brandon Boykin, Bobbie Massie, Alameda Ta'Amu, Ladarius Green, Orson Charles, etc. on the board. Awful pick.
Old 04-30-2012, 09:18 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not a fan of the 3rd round pick as i felt like they was other players who made more sense like the people ATL named. They are also a lot of bodies on the OL and though none of them are elite.
Old 04-30-2012, 09:24 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Dimitroff's OL history: Sam Baker, Garrett Reynolds, Mike Johnson, Joe Hawley. But no, I'm really confident he hit on Lamar Holmes.
Old 04-30-2012, 09:25 AM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

Quote:
Dimitroff's OL history: Sam Baker, Garrett Reynolds, Mike Johnson, Joe Hawley. But no, I'm really confident he hit on Lamar Holmes.
Joe Hawley was a good pick. Mike Johnson has been injured. Reynolds was a 6th round pick for pure depth and is good for that. only true miss is Sam Baker...

Konz should be the next Harvey Dahl for us and Holmes is already a better pass blocker than Baker. he at least moves his feet and has long arms... I will say it's nice to see Dimitroff learning from his mistakes by going with completely different types of guys in terms of playing style than before in this OL class.

Owner of ScarDraft
Old 04-30-2012, 09:34 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Joe Hawley was a good pick. Mike Johnson has been injured. Reynolds was a 6th round pick for pure depth and is good for that. only true miss is Sam Baker...

Konz should be the next Harvey Dahl for us and Holmes is already a better pass blocker than Baker. he at least moves his feet and has long arms... I will say it's nice to see Dimitroff learning from his mistakes by going with completely different types of guys in terms of playing style than before in this OL class.

I know you like PFF. Don't they grade Hawley as below average?

Mike Johnson was a low upside pick, and has contributed absolutely nothing.

Reynolds is/was just an abortion in every sense of the word.

Baker, enough said.

Hopefully Konz isn't the next Dahl, because his prospect status is definitely down graded if he's a full time guard. (I'd imagine he'd start at RG next year, but he needs to slide over to C after that.)

And while Baker is completely awful, Lamar Holmes likely isn't better than him. He'd get destroyed in the NFL right now.