Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 04-20-2012, 08:15 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Deossie is a great special teams player. Not many long snappers consistenly get down the field to make tackles like he does.

Also, Trey Junkin.
He made 10 tackles last year. 10.

That's not exactly world beater numbers. And he had some bad snaps this year too. Weatherford saved a lot of them. The game winning FG vs the 49ers in the NFCCG and 1 in the SB come to mind immediately.
Old 04-20-2012, 08:31 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post

That's not exactly world beater numbers. And he had some bad snaps this year too. Weatherford saved a lot of them. The game winning FG vs the 49ers in the NFCCG and 1 in the SB come to mind immediately.
Can you name another ls that can make 10 tackles?
Old 04-20-2012, 08:36 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
Can you name another ls that can make 10 tackles?
You know how insignificant 10 tackles is? Think about how many times he long snapped on a punt this year. And out of all those times, he made 10 tackles. That's less than 1 tackle a game avg.

My point is we can't justify him being a great long snapper by him shooting down the field when all it results in is 10 tackles. Big deal. His actual long snapping is much more important, and he had some bad snaps this season. Weatherford just did a great job cleaning up his snaps on some FGs.
Old 04-20-2012, 08:37 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Just because he doesn't make the tackle doesn't mean he's not down the field quick. I bet he's the best long snapper in the NFL who can get down the field. I don't think you can downplay that. He had the 1 bad snap in the SF game. No one is perfect.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 08:40 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You know how insignificant 10 tackles is? Think about how many times he long snapped on a punt this year. And out of all those times, he made 10 tackles. That's less than 1 tackle a game avg.

My point is we can't justify him being a great long snapper by him shooting down the field when all it results in is 10 tackles. Big deal. His actual long snapping is much more important, and he had some bad snaps this season. Weatherford just did a great job cleaning up his snaps on some FGs.
I think about how many times he was one of the first guys down the field on punt coverage and was always near or around the ball carrier on the st.

The fact that he only has 10 tackles doesn't mean he sucks on specials. Like I said before I remember him always being near the ball most of the time which I am sure helped others get some tackles.
Old 04-20-2012, 08:41 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I'm still bitter than his 6 4" 250 lb 4.6 40 ass couldn't develop for **** as a linebacker.

He showed no effort either. The physicality you saw from him in college was nonexistent in the PS when he became a pro. His muscle definition also went to ****. Almost makes me wonder if he was roiding in college and went off the roids in the Pros.
Old 04-20-2012, 08:55 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let's not forget while we loved the pick because of his potential there was some serious concerns whether or not he could make the leap to NFL LB. To me it was worth a gamble and it's just unfortunate it didn't work out. At least we didn't totally waste the pick though because he is does provide a lot to the team.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-20-2012, 08:59 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I'm upset that Alford got hurt. I thought he was going to be good. He was a great pass rushing DT before the ACL. It's a shame he could never recover from it.
Old 04-21-2012, 01:18 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BBD just has a ridiculous hatred for DeOssie that I've never understood
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 09:51 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder if it was a business decision. Why risk playing LB and injury and getting cut or being 2nd string, when you can specialize? Just like his dad said you learn to snap, and you can be around for like 20 years. So I wonder if he didn't get that LB job, that we just put him there, he flourished, and now that's his specialty. Now he can be there all his career in that one role. Doesn't have to bother about being cut, or hurt often, or anything like that.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 06:27 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did Giants take shot at Jets on Twitter?

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/gia...ets-on-twitter

I am posting it so it's saved here and I can refer back to it when needed.
Old 04-21-2012, 06:28 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Did you just see that for the first time?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-22-2012, 10:55 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Did you just see that for the first time?
No, i needed the quote though. So I posted the link in here for future use if i need it.
Old 04-29-2012, 11:56 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I really don't like how the front office feels comfortable giving Beatty another year to prove himself at LT. How many years do you need?

Beatty sucks, let's call it like it is. He sucks. It sounds like Beatty is going to be LT and Diehl RT. Or if Brewer somehow can really step up next year maybe we can save ourselves from Beatty.

But right here right now, I really don't like going into training camp with Beatty as our starting LT.
Old 04-29-2012, 02:34 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Beatty didn't suck two years ago before he got hurt, but yeah, last season he got pushed around and the man's always hurt. This is my biggest issue with our draft. I like all of our top three picks, but if we coulda found away to secure Mike Adams or Cordy Glenn, I'd love them.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 02:37 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

right now I'd say Beatty is going to be given a chance and our line is going to be:
Beatty-Petrus/Boothe-Baas-Snee-Diehl
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 07:35 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

If Beatty still looks like he's 290 lbs soaking wet, then I just want him cut. There's 2 guys who basically have this year to prove themselves: Beatty and Barden.

Both of those guys are on their last chance. We'll see this year how bad Barden wants to be a football player.

I think it's a telling sign that when Reese was asked about why he doesn't move around in the draft, his answer was that the last time we did that it didn't work out, so we're weary of doing it again.

Guess when was the last time we did it? When we moved up for Barden.

That line, coupled with Barden being in the dog house, coupled with him not even being activated during our playoff run, coupled with us taking a WR in round 2 tells me everything I need to know. The team has given up on Barden.

He basically has to save his job this year, bc if he continues to suck, I'm not even sure if he'll make it out of training camp.
Old 04-29-2012, 07:44 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Traded up for Sinorice Moss also.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-29-2012, 07:48 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I'm still amazed at how bad Sinorice Moss was.

Btw, the 2010 draft class is looking pretty awful.

1. Nicks - stud.
2. Sintim - most likely cut. Never a good fit and injuries did him in.
2. Beatty - looks like a career backup at this point in his career.
3. Barden - very close to being cut. this is his final year to prove himself.
3. Beckum - creampuff.
4. Andre Brown - achilles injury killed his career before it even started.
5. Rhett Bomar - failed qb experiment.
6. Some guy - cut
7. Some guy - cut

So basically, as it stands right now, we only got 1 player out of that draft class. The amazing thing about that is, that draft class was probably my favorite of all our draft classes the day of the draft. We drafted everyone I wanted at those points in the draft and I was so pumped up about it. Just shows you that we really don't know what we're talking about most of the time.
Old 04-29-2012, 08:03 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Yeah that turned out to be really awful. I loved the draft as well.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-30-2012, 07:24 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Osi is bitching again. I think he'll be a Giant this year bc he really has no other option, but this is his last year with the Giants.

I don't know how the dynamic is going to work with him coming off the bench, it doesn't sound like he's gonna play good soldier and be a situational player for us.
Old 04-30-2012, 06:48 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With the lack of Safeties in the NFL and the potential big money Rolle and Phillips could require soon, maybe we're planning on transitioning TT into Rolle's role? Webster, Prince and Hosely is a strong trio if they're healthy and we'll probably take another one on the first two days of the draft next year. Not saying TT plays exclusively safety by any measure, but if everything goes well health wise I think he'll be the third safety in our 3 safety sets. Granted, next year we could see a bunch of first round caliber safeties in the draft and few corners so the giants end up just drafting a steal at safety and keeping TT at corner full time.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 08:14 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Well Rolle is already the highest paid S in the league so we don't have to worry about him. This year is going to be very important in re-signing all of our young superstars though including Nicks, JPP, Phillips, and Cruz. We better hope that cap goes up.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-30-2012, 10:12 PM    (permalink
Bostonblows91
Rookie

Bostonblows91 is a cocksman.Bostonblows91 is a cocksman.Bostonblows91 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
With the lack of Safeties in the NFL and the potential big money Rolle and Phillips could require soon, maybe we're planning on transitioning TT into Rolle's role? Webster, Prince and Hosely is a strong trio if they're healthy and we'll probably take another one on the first two days of the draft next year. Not saying TT plays exclusively safety by any measure, but if everything goes well health wise I think he'll be the third safety in our 3 safety sets. Granted, next year we could see a bunch of first round caliber safeties in the draft and few corners so the giants end up just drafting a steal at safety and keeping TT at corner full time.
I really don't see TT moving to safety any time soon, the guy was our best corner on the field a lot of the time in 2010, barring some huge slip in performance or speed he will stay at corner. You don't have to worry about rolle making more money, i think he's 3rd in the league in salary so he has nowhere to go but down in terms of salary. KP is definitely worth keeping around though.

Edit: @ BBD so much hate for beatty, he was far and away our best offensive lineman before he went down with that freak eye injury, his years prior to 2011 were underwhelming but he played at a very high level last year. Also I feel so bad for sintim, hated seeing him go down with that knee injury early on.

Last edited by Bostonblows91 : 04-30-2012 at 10:25 PM.
Bostonblows91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 11:09 AM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonblows91 View Post
I really don't see TT moving to safety any time soon, the guy was our best corner on the field a lot of the time in 2010, barring some huge slip in performance or speed he will stay at corner. You don't have to worry about rolle making more money, i think he's 3rd in the league in salary so he has nowhere to go but down in terms of salary. KP is definitely worth keeping around though.

Edit: @ BBD so much hate for beatty, he was far and away our best offensive lineman before he went down with that freak eye injury, his years prior to 2011 were underwhelming but he played at a very high level last year. Also I feel so bad for sintim, hated seeing him go down with that knee injury early on.
so far from the truth

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote