Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-30-2012, 07:16 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also, somehow, there are still tickets left for Bonnaroo... How the **** does that happen?

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:35 PM    (permalink
Bolt
Rookie

Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Came up on shuffle the other day and I forgot how great Neutral Milk Hotel is. In the Aeroplane Over the Sea is one of my albums of all time.
Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 11:12 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

May is always the month with songs about days...this is the first

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 11:25 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chili Peppers put on what was easily one of the best shows I've ever seen. Played a little more of the new stuff then I would have liked and actually didn't play Scar Tissue, which was heartbreaking, but that was easily outweighed by the sheer awesomeness of the concert. They played Can't Stop/Otherside back to back as their 2nd and 3rd songs and I can't even convey how awesome it was to see/hear.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 11:46 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 02:14 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
Also, somehow, there are still tickets left for Bonnaroo... How the **** does that happen?
It usually doesn't sell out until the few weeks leading up to the fest. They have the ability to decide how many tickets they wanna issue cuz the farm can hold upwards of 100,000 ppl. Ive heard theyve had as much as 120,000 on the farm for the weekend and to me that is unreal. The years I went it ranged from 65 to about 90k and that was two years ago I think? Or maybe it was last year anyway it was insanely crowded. Wayyy too many people that year IMO.

Alberta Cross- Old Man Chicago.

^Highly recommend these guys if you havent heard them yet.

Oh, and to whomever was talking about The Avett Bros show you are a lucky person as they put on one of the best shows out there and I recommend anyone go see them regardless if you like them or not. I've been lucky enough to see them twice and am hoping to see them for a third time in Cbus this year. Great, great live band. Their show at Roo a couple of years ago was one of the highlights of my life and I've seen tons of great bands over the years.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 07:25 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Chili Peppers put on what was easily one of the best shows I've ever seen. Played a little more of the new stuff then I would have liked and actually didn't play Scar Tissue, which was heartbreaking, but that was easily outweighed by the sheer awesomeness of the concert. They played Can't Stop/Otherside back to back as their 2nd and 3rd songs and I can't even convey how awesome it was to see/hear.
I too, wish they will play some older stuff when I see them at Roo, but with Frusciante no longer there, its hard to pull a few of those songs off. Its gonna be a great show nonetheless, and I can't wait. Or for Radiohead, either. RHCP tickets in Philly were like $150 , and I'm sure Radiohead tickets are as expensive, or more, and they're playing Roo too. I feel like I got tickets to RCHP and Radiohead at a $50 discount... plus about 40 other of my favorite bands for free.

Old 05-01-2012, 07:26 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt View Post

Came up on shuffle the other day and I forgot how great Neutral Milk Hotel is. In the Aeroplane Over the Sea is one of my albums of all time.
They've popped up on my Pandora a few times, and I've liked what I heard so far, I've wanted tot check them out more for a while, and this song makes me want to do it even more now.

Old 05-01-2012, 08:38 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I too, wish they will play some older stuff when I see them at Roo, but with Frusciante no longer there, its hard to pull a few of those songs off. Its gonna be a great show nonetheless, and I can't wait. Or for Radiohead, either. RHCP tickets in Philly were like $150 , and I'm sure Radiohead tickets are as expensive, or more, and they're playing Roo too. I feel like I got tickets to RCHP and Radiohead at a $50 discount... plus about 40 other of my favorite bands for free.
The concert was just so god damned good. Crazy freestyling, covered all the classics but one, great lights/visuals...I just have nothing bad to say about that show. Under the Bridge and By the Way were just two legendary performances. Still so excited about it even the day after. Really great stuff, you'll love seeing them at Bonnaroo.

And Neutral Milk Hotel should always be listened to. In the Aeroplane Over the Sea is a ******* beautiful song.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 08:48 AM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
But the Avett Brothers killed it. I had a ******* blast, my friend had a blast, and everyone around me who stayed after Ludacris came on came away impressed.
hitting a bar after young the giant/before the avett brothers was completely worth it. i still cant believe ludacris was on the same stage as those guys.

and yeah, the david mayfield project was great. all my friends (girls and guys) thought he was hilarious, and he was pretty damn good too
TimD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 09:15 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
i will never, ever understand the appeal of RHCP. anthony kiedis is ******* horrible and their songs are boring. and yes, flea is ok and frusciante was good. but they couldn't make up for the rest of it.

eatw: listen to more neutral milk. they're fantastic, especially given the stuff you normally post.
Funny thing is, one of my friends who goes to Berklee (how his parents afforded that, I have no clue) just posted In the Aeroplane Over the Sea on the FB after I posted that. I'm going to take the repeated pandora occurances, people posting on here about them ,and now this, as a sign to listen to them.

As for RHCP, I'm excited to see them, they're supposed to be a great live show (APS seems to have confirmed it) if you like their type of music. I'm real pumped to see them at Bonnaroo, if only because its not that often you get to see them around where I live. That being said, I'm much more excited for about 20 musicians I'm going to see at Roo, but it doesn't take away from how pumped I am for RHCP. Watching Flea is going to be awesome for me.

Old 05-01-2012, 09:23 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimD View Post
hitting a bar after young the giant/before the avett brothers was completely worth it. i still cant believe ludacris was on the same stage as those guys.

and yeah, the david mayfield project was great. all my friends (girls and guys) thought he was hilarious, and he was pretty damn good too
He shredded, absolutely tore the guitar up. He seemed like one of those showman/good time type of artists until he started doing some things that were really impressive.

I found it hilarious how Ludacris came out saying he was going to see who his "real fans" were, and then all he did was play 90 second bits and pieces of only his #1 songs. My buddy and I listened to like 4 of his songs, and we went back to my car to warm up and listen to some of Jack White and Trampled by Turtles' albums.

There was a guy near us before The Avett Brothers started who was drunk and was asking if The Avett Brothers were "anything like Luda". And I couldn't help but laugh. But this hot as hell blonde chick who was also near us answered for me. (The fact that she knew who they were probably boosted her up in my book, lol) Then when they started he asked "How am I supposed to dance to this?" (!!!... I freaked out) and once again, blonde chick impressed by saying "However the hell you want to." ...Gave me a little bit of hope for humanity.

Old 05-01-2012, 09:42 AM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah that was probably one of the funniest crowds that ive ever seen. classic penn state kids there to get drunk and then people who wanted to listen to the music.

i may go down to north virginia to see the avett bros on may 11th
TimD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 09:46 AM    (permalink
jojo
Rookie

jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

delete post

Last edited by jojo : 05-01-2012 at 09:48 AM.
jojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 09:47 AM    (permalink
jojo
Rookie

jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just LOVE The Killers.
jojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 10:00 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimD View Post
yeah that was probably one of the funniest crowds that ive ever seen. classic penn state kids there to get drunk and then people who wanted to listen to the music.

i may go down to north virginia to see the avett bros on may 11th
There was a guy next to me who was there for the Avett Brothers, who looked at his friend, asked him how much he drank, the guy said he had a beer and that was it. Then the guy said, "ok, do you mind driving? I want to take the mushrooms".

I couldn't help but laugh, was just too funny.

Old 05-01-2012, 04:30 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 04:56 PM    (permalink
Bolt
Rookie

Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Funny thing is, one of my friends who goes to Berklee (how his parents afforded that, I have no clue) just posted In the Aeroplane Over the Sea on the FB after I posted that. I'm going to take the repeated pandora occurances, people posting on here about them ,and now this, as a sign to listen to them.
You really should, one of the more underrated bands of the 90's. From what I've seen you post I think you should definitely pick up In the Aeroplane Over the Sea. Jeff Magnum is a ******* god, sucks they only had two albums and an EP though. Pretty sure they're touring again though, or something to that extent.

And my personal favorite

Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 04:59 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One of the most flawless albums I've ever heard. My personal favorite:

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 05:02 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Speaking of Penn State...

I just saw ETID there. FREE SHOW!!! And it was nearly empty. Sad.

Old 05-01-2012, 08:29 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 05-01-2012, 08:55 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 09:22 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
Sucks that they've become such a parody of themselves. They used to be truly amazing. Especially live...

Last edited by phlysac : 05-01-2012 at 09:28 PM.
phlysac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 09:55 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This song is just ******* awesome especially when I'm drinking

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 08:36 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Seeing someone else post this makes me feel so much better about liking them. I had a feeling I might just get thrown into the pile of "you're a ******* hipster" by posting to this. Saw their Coachella performance, hell of a show.