Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 03-30-2007, 09:25 AM    (permalink
gstock05
Veteran

gstock05 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Ginn sr. is infamous for promoting his players.

his quote was that Ray Small was the most explosive player he's ever coached.

No doubt ray is explosive, and quite a player, but I think that was a bit of a hyperbole to promote glenville as there have been a lot of REALLY explosive players from that team. Darius Hiley, Ted Ginn, Jamario Oneal... etc
gstock05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 09:32 AM    (permalink
RoyHall#1
Pro Bowler

RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Congrats on your veteranship.
RoyHall#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 09:37 AM    (permalink
FLORIDA PACKER
Rookie

FLORIDA PACKER hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I see this season similar to two years ago when Zwick started the year but Smith ended up usurping him for the spot. I say Boeckman starts at least 2 games but gets pulled in favor of the more athletic Henton.
FLORIDA PACKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 09:56 AM    (permalink
JCarver27
Rookie

JCarver27 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoteLynnSwan View Post
he also said that Anthony Gonzalez was faster than his son... something tell is telling me that he simply wants to make his son prove something.
he said he ran the 40 faster, which is possible.
JCarver27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 11:05 AM    (permalink
Purple N Proud

I think Boeckman gets the nod and it's not even that close. Henton will be good in time, but we can't expect him to step in and be Troy Smith right away. Tressel's always been partial to the more experienced guy for better or for worse.

I remember seeing Boeckman pitch in the high school state championship game a few years back. Haha pretty hard judging against other high school athletes but I feel confident he can be the one to lead the team. He's a big kid with deceptive mobility, and an above average arm. Kinda reminds me of a young Ben Roethlisberger.

On a side note, can Bauserman bring anything to the table? I don't know too much about him but can't imagine he'll be too much of a threat for the job after taking some years off. And I'm correct in saying he still has 4 years of eligibility right?
Old 03-31-2007, 09:22 PM    (permalink
irishbucks
Rookie

irishbucks hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

about Boeckman age, he was a grey shirt in 2003, then a red shirt in 2004. Bauserman looks pretty good, thier was a youtube video of him floating around on board for highschool sports. but i could not locate it. he has all 4 years of eligility left since and he shouldn't not count for a scholarship either since the Pirates will pay for his college.
irishbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 05:55 PM    (permalink
OhioState
Veteran

OhioState hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.OhioState hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think that Boekman could be good. If his arm is even decnt then i think he will have a great season. I really like what i see form Robiskie and Hartline and Smalls speed against a nickel back is not even fair. With all those options in the passing game and Chris Wells lining up behind him on every down i am confident he could emulate Craig Krenzel.
Old 04-01-2007, 09:56 PM    (permalink
Bengals1690
Veteran

Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hail Browns View Post
Yeah, they must've been. I was in shock when I read their ages.
and i know its wrong sport, but they have a a guy who looks like hes about 45 yeasr old on the bball team...

anyways

i dont care. just give it to chris wells and hope he fixed his fumbling problems and let the D win it for you.

GO BUCKS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythbusta View Post
i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
who dey?
Bengals1690 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 11:16 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH View Post
Damn, they were held back a lot
That's actually pretty normal ages. Shoenhoft is the same age as me and I wasnt held back. Henton is 20 and in his second year of college, that would also be right. Boeckman is in his fourth year, so his also a normal age.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote