Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Super Bowl Champion Seattle Seahawks

Super Bowl Champion Seattle Seahawks Discuss the Seahawks

Old 05-01-2012, 06:41 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Sean Locklear

Hey guys, just wondering what your thoughts on him were.

[Giants related stuff]Initially I figured he was just there to battle Brewer for the backup RT spot, but since the giants were content to wait for late round project OL the team must be higher on the guys we had going into the draft than I was. Since I trust Diehl and still have hope for Beatty that means they like one of Locklear or Brewer a lot more than I do, and given how patient we are with youngins I'm starting to think the Giants like Locklear as our starter at RT next to Snee.

[/Giants related stuff]So what can you guys tell me about him, his stint in Seattle, what to expect moving forward, what he struggled with, was he consistent, was he durable, did he still have room to improve technically to fix some of the things he struggled with, etc.

[Draft-Related Sucking Up]Thanks and despite the blowback your getting for this draft, I like it a lot, that Defense needed to add some young playmakers to the front seven and that's what Irvin and Wagner will do for you, run around and make plays behind those big fellas, to whom Jaye Howard is a good addition. Beastmode/Turbin is not a pair of RBs I'd wanna tackle.

[/Sucking Up]Not so sure about how much better Matt Flynn ends up being than Matt Cassel is, but either way it's better than Tavaris and Clipboard Jesus and Russell Wilson will be interesting to see develop. Kid has great arm talent if that accuracy improves, he seems to have the work ethic to give you a better version of Seneca Wallace which isn't a bad thing while you're searching for a franchise guy, someone who can do well as a spot starter and backup for you for many years. Really liking the team you're putting together, just not a Flynn believer, which like Dalton and Fitzpatrick for the Bengals and Bills (two other teams who I like a lot), I think will keep you guys from contending for a SB until you are able to upgrade.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 07:52 PM    (permalink
asdf1223
Veteran

asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eh, he's a decent backup swing tackle. I really really wouldn't want him starting though. Better pass pro than run block. But back injuries really sapped him of his strength and basically struggled terribly with power rushers. (Disregard what PFF says about him. His last year in Seattle was a total abdomination). I liked James Brewer quite a bit as prospect and my feeling is that the Giants want to run the ball more this year with Bradshaw and David Wilson and Brewer is the better fit there if they go that way.

Last edited by asdf1223 : 05-01-2012 at 08:03 PM.
asdf1223 is offline   Reply With Quote