Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 04-22-2012, 01:11 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hagy34 View Post
Those last six games are brutal. Yikes.
Yeah dude, all four Chicago and GB games in the last six weeks is pretty rough. That being said, I could see us being 6-4 by the time we get to those last few games. We could steal one against GB or Chicago, beat STL and we could be 8-8. I think that's a definite possibility.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 11:47 AM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Jay Glazer
‏ @JayGlazer

Vikings have agreed to terms on a one year deal with WR Jerome Simpson. Even tho he's suspended to start the season he's got a lot of talent
Link

I'm interested to see how this affects our draft plans, maybe knocks WR down a notch on the list of needs...

I like the signing though. Simpson has a lot of talent, and I was high on him when he came out of college a few years ago. I thought he was gonna develop into a stud. I'm kinda surprised we signed him though with his off the field stuff as they had said they were gonna clean up the locker room, but maybe that's not the case. Maybe that opens them up to taking Janoris Jenkins in the 2nd if they're not worrying about off the field stuff?

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.

Last edited by marshallb : 04-24-2012 at 11:50 AM.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 11:56 AM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The one-year, low-risk seems to be the way they're going this offseason. Legitimate WR's are needed for sure and the guy has talent. Just has had problems.
the_legend_killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 04:52 PM    (permalink
RollingMoss
Rookie

RollingMoss hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.RollingMoss hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallb View Post
Link

I'm interested to see how this affects our draft plans, maybe knocks WR down a notch on the list of needs...

I like the signing though. Simpson has a lot of talent, and I was high on him when he came out of college a few years ago. I thought he was gonna develop into a stud. I'm kinda surprised we signed him though with his off the field stuff as they had said they were gonna clean up the locker room, but maybe that's not the case. Maybe that opens them up to taking Janoris Jenkins in the 2nd if they're not worrying about off the field stuff?
Agree with everything you said - and would add that it being a one-year deal could be the best part of it - and pray about the bolded part. Jenkins could end up being a real coup, he's worth the risk.

Then again, it could be that because of adding Simpson, they might determine that they won't want to add another play with "red flags."

I hope it's the former.

Last edited by RollingMoss : 04-24-2012 at 06:35 PM.
RollingMoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 10:53 PM    (permalink
hagy34
Veteran

hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Please god give us Jenkins in the 2nd.
hagy34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 10:21 PM    (permalink
VikesWookie
Rookie

VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

jenkins was there for our 2nd round pick. i wonder if smith would've lasted til our 2nd...
there should be some good WR and interior OL depth when we own the late 4th through early 5th round.
i was hoping TY Hilton would last into the late 4th, but there's a bunch of protypical size WR to choose from... Hilton would've been another slot option and with Harvin that's not even close to a need, but i think this guy will be electric...
VikesWookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 11:12 PM    (permalink
Vikings4ever
Veteran

Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikesWookie View Post
jenkins was there for our 2nd round pick. i wonder if smith would've lasted til our 2nd...
Maybe, maybe not.

But I'd rather have Smith & Robinson than Jenkins & whatever safety was next on the draft board.
Vikings4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 11:32 PM    (permalink
hagy34
Veteran

hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm hoping for Travis Lewis and Marvin Jones in round 4. Fingers crossed.
Old 04-28-2012, 01:32 AM    (permalink
VikesWookie
Rookie

VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikings4ever View Post
Maybe, maybe not.

But I'd rather have Smith & Robinson than Jenkins & whatever safety was next on the draft board.
not neccessarily for the next best safety, but rather for the high 4th rounder expended to move up. who knows :)
VikesWookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 04:45 PM    (permalink
russie
Veteran

russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.dailynorseman.com/2012/4/...assault-charge

Minnesota Vikings' running back Caleb King, signed by the Vikings and placed on the practice squad shortly after the NFL lockout, was arrested in Anoka County this morning on suspicion of third-degree assault. He is still in the Anoka County Jail at this time.

King applied for last year's Supplemental Draft after the lockout ended, but no team took him during that process, making him an unrestricted free agent. The Vikings later signed him for a $5,000 bonus. He was waived in the final cut down, but remained on the practice squad. He was promoted to the 53-man roster for the season finale, but was not active for the game against the Chicago Bears.
Old 04-28-2012, 06:04 PM    (permalink
hagy34
Veteran

Get King outta here. Hes a moron and a wasted talent.
Old 04-28-2012, 11:31 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the first three rounds a lot more than I like the last four. Off the bat I'd give the draft a B-.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 03:14 PM    (permalink
russie
Veteran

russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

undrafted free agents:

Minnesota Vikings
Boise State DT Chase Baker; UCLA RB Derrick Coleman; Florida Atlantic DE Kevin Cyrille; Nicholls State CB Bobby Felder; Bowling Green WR Kamar Jorden; Penn State DE Eric Latimore; Iowa LB Tyler Nielsen; Cal DE Ernest Owusu; Hawaii G Austin Pasztor; North Carolina DT Tydreke Powell; Missouri DT Terrell Resonno; Mississippi State C Quentin Saulsberry; Oregon OT Darrion Weems; South Carolina CB C.C. Whitlock.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...content_stream
Old 04-29-2012, 06:00 PM    (permalink
hagy34
Veteran

How is Chase Minnefield not on our radar??? I don't get it. Something has to be wrong with the kid.
Old 04-29-2012, 07:24 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hagy34 View Post
How is Chase Minnefield not on our radar??? I don't get it. Something has to be wrong with the kid.
Minnifield signed with the Redskins pretty much right after the draft ended. I'm guessing part of it has to do with his knee surgery this offseason, and it sounds like there are some questions about how he's recovering from it.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 05:02 PM    (permalink
russie
Veteran

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...to-caleb-king/

Vikings say goodbye to Caleb King

Posted by Josh Alper on May 1, 2012, 5:22 PM EDT

When running back Caleb King was arrested on charges of third-degree assault with substantial bodily harm over the weekend, it was fair to wonder how much longer the Vikings would keep him around.

Not very long, as it turns out. Jeremy Fowler of the Pioneer Press reports that the Vikings have cut King. King joined the team after going undrafted in the 2011 supplemental draft and spent most of the year on the practice squad.

King was arrested after fracturing the skull of another man at a party early Saturday morning. His victim, Andrew Hayek, is “doing better”, according to his sister, after the attack, which was reportedly precipitated by Hayek telling King that he resembled Eddie Murphy. King was released from jail on Tuesday and charges have not yet been formally filed by the county attorney’s office. They are still investigating the incident, though, so there may be more to come on that front.
Old 05-01-2012, 07:08 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd like to see us go after Gaffney now that he's ben released. Hell, even Jacoby Jones.
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 08:41 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

according to reports around here, we'll be saying goodbye to all of the vikings soon enough.....

thanks a bunch, state legislators. i hope everyone of you get voted out in November.
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 09:32 PM    (permalink
Vikings4ever
Veteran

Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Dude View Post
according to reports around here, we'll be saying goodbye to all of the vikings soon enough.....

thanks a bunch, state legislators. i hope everyone of you get voted out in November.
And just a few weeks ago, there was a plan for a Vikings stadium with no taxpayer money spent.

Jagoffs.
Vikings4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 01:16 PM    (permalink
russie
Veteran

Vikings may start all-rookie, all-Irish safety tandem

Posted by Evan Silva on May 5, 2012, 12:31 PM EDT

The Vikings traded up into the first round to draft Notre Dame safety Harrison Smith, so they clearly expect him to be an opening day starter.

The Vikings also used a fifth-round pick on Smith’s college teammate, Robert Blanton. Blanton played corner for the Fighting Irish, but has been converted to safety. Blanton possesses safety size at 6-foot-1, 208, and was one of the best tackling defensive backs in college football last season.

Blanton and Smith and are working as the Vikings’ first-team safeties at rookie minicamp, and Dan Wiederer of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune suggests Smith and Blanton could stay there into Week One. Their primary competitors will be underwhelming veterans Jamarca Sanford and Mistral Raymond.

“If you take a look at where we ended the seas0n at the safety position, it’s an open competition,” coach Leslie Frazier confirmed. “… We want to really have an open competition.”
Old 05-05-2012, 02:09 PM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Frazier could've added, "Could it be as bad as last year?"
the_legend_killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 02:12 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It literally couldn't get worst than Raymond and Sanford, so I say **** it, let the rookies play!

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 04:44 PM    (permalink
Taber21
Veteran

Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hell, they must have some chemistry playing together for so long already, definitely worth a look.
Old 05-07-2012, 05:03 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vikings have cut Ryan Longwell today according to ESPN. Not surprised after drafting a rookie Kicker in the 6th round.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 05:28 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dynasty View Post
Vikings have cut Ryan Longwell today according to ESPN. Not surprised after drafting a rookie Kicker in the 6th round.
Sad to see him go. One of my favorite players over the last few years.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote