Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-02-2012, 03:20 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

whateverrrrrrr this has ruined my entire day

Junior was one of the most impactful players to ever suit up on D and even after his prime was a leader and a playmaker. His work on the community in SD is felt to this day and there is an absolute ton of love for him in every corner of the county, this is a shitshow.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 03:21 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

damn it's tough to watch MArcellus Wiley on ESPN right now. Guy is sharing stories and is having a hard time keeping his composure
Old 05-02-2012, 03:22 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Sad sad news. He was an all time great. Don't wanna draw conclusions but suicide probably result of depression that might've had something to do with steroids or concussions. Seems like there are a lot of sad stories for former NFL players, which sucks because they are our heroes and they are on top of the world when they are in their prime.
Possibly. There is a lot that goes down behind the scenes in the locker room that the general public just doesn't know about. And as a fan I have to wonder how legitimate the NFL's intentions are to help their own players post retirement. Or rather, like a lot of lawsuits are claiming, how well are these players informed about concussion information before and during their careers. Money makes the world go round, and these players are seen as investments that can reel in huge amounts of dough as long as they keep playing at a high level. The folks benefiting from that kind of indulgence may not care to inform the actual players about their long term health status...or rather, not reveal the truth entirely.

That being said, I know that it is on the shoulders of the players themselves. It's pretty much common sense to see what is going on on the field, hear what is happening to other players around the league, and realize that the sport that you are playing has a high risk of screwing you up down the line.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Last edited by Ness : 05-02-2012 at 03:30 PM.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 03:25 PM    (permalink
Ghost of Juice
Rookie

Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

RIP Junior!

I'm sure steroids and painkillers contributed to it as well, but concussions will be the only thing mentioned.
Ghost of Juice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 03:29 PM    (permalink
Asteinebach
Veteran

Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
damn it's tough to watch MArcellus Wiley on ESPN right now. Guy is sharing stories and is having a hard time keeping his composure
I can't help it man. Marcellus had me shedding tears for Junior. This is so sad...and just not fair.

I'd just like to take a minute to reflect on Junior's career, from my own perspective. I remember, when Junior signed with the Patriots. I said to myself, Seau? What is that guy, 50 years old? I laughed. Seau proved me wrong, playing 27 games in his first two seasons in New England. And as always, he played it with more passion and determination than any 22 year old punk could. He was a guy who brought another level of intensity to the game, every time he took the field. I'm really, really sad to hear about this.

Rest in Peace Junior Seau, you were a rare player and a rarer person. Damn man...
Old 05-02-2012, 03:32 PM    (permalink
Asteinebach
Veteran

Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Agreed. Hearing it was a gunshot to the chest pretty much confirmed it to me that concussions will be blamed since it likely means he wanted to preserve his brain for study.
Maybe he just wanted his mom to be able to see his face one more time...
Old 05-02-2012, 03:34 PM    (permalink
Bucs_Rule
Veteran

Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Sad sad news. He was an all time great. Don't wanna draw conclusions but suicide probably result of depression that might've had something to do with steroids or concussions. Seems like there are a lot of sad stories for former NFL players, which sucks because they are our heroes and they are on top of the world when they are in their prime.
The huge adjustment in lifestyle going from a Pro NFL player to an average citizen has to be a big factor for many guys. Going from making millions playing a game you love to doing what? Some would get involved in business or some jobs that they'd really enjoy even if the pay isn't nearly as much.

For some they wouldn't have anything besides football that really interests them. If they already have tons of money, they would figure why bother going to work making a small amount at a job I wouldn't enjoy. Then they'd have nothing to do, which isn't good for non-old people. For those that need the money making a fraction of what they did would be depressing.

Worse for a guy like Seau that loved the game so much. Doing anything else could have seemed extremely dull for him, don't know if he had other interests.

The spotlight going away would be a huge factor for certain types of people.
Bucs_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 03:39 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucs_Rule View Post
The huge adjustment in lifestyle going from a Pro NFL player to an average citizen has to be a big factor for many guys. Going from making millions playing a game you love to doing what? Some would get involved in business or some jobs that they'd really enjoy even if the pay isn't nearly as much.

For some they wouldn't have anything besides football that really interests them. If they already have tons of money, they would figure why bother going to work making a small amount at a job I wouldn't enjoy. Then they'd have nothing to do, which isn't good for non-old people. For those that need the money making a fraction of what they did would be depressing.

Worse for a guy like Seau that loved the game so much. Doing anything else could have seemed extremely dull for him, don't know if he had other interests.

I'm sure Seau could have gotten some kind of job as a sport analyst on a radio program or sports show, or ventured into some other business fairly easily. Especially with his reputation. For some reason I get the feeling there were bigger issues in his life than being bored at home. Maybe he had money problems (like a lot of athletes when they are done with the game), family issues, etc. And his health probably just wasn't in very good condition. Perhaps his mind was in really bad shape.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 03:39 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
He's the 8th member of the 1994 Chargers Super Bowl team to die, most of them absurdly young.
Junior Seau
Lew Bush
Shawn Lee
Chris Mims
Curtis Whitley
Doug Miller
Rodney Culver
David Griggs
Old 05-02-2012, 03:42 PM    (permalink
Ghost of Juice
Rookie

Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it is pretty terrible that they put cameras on Junior's mom right after she found out. The media has no class and respect.
Ghost of Juice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 03:42 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

His mother was not someone they needed to have at the podium.

"Take me instead but it's too late."

Saddest thing I could have heard.

tjsunstein is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 03:44 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, that really isn't appropriate and it's pretty ridiculous that ESPN keeps showing that clip IMO.
Old 05-02-2012, 03:46 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucs_Rule View Post

yeah, excellent point.
Old 05-02-2012, 04:01 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For once PFT actually wrote something everyone should read:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...er-dies-at-43/

RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 04:05 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm in shock. I still can't believe it. Why Junior? Of all people, why Junior?

Football life isn't as glamarous as we think it is. That's for sure. It's such a shame reading stories like this. I just can't believe it happened to Junior. I never would have thought it.

I just can't believe it.
Old 05-02-2012, 04:07 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

RIP. Whenever I think of the Chargers, he is the first player I think of.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 04:40 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hearing Tedy Bruschi talk on Espn right now... The guy just lost a friend, you can hear it in him. It is so sad
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 05:41 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This ****'s messed up. Poor bastard.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 06:03 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have no clue what contributed to Seau's depression and subsequent suicide, but I don't know if I'd automatically put being on juice in that mix.
When I think of 'true' five star recruits, I think of guys like Seau. He was 6'3, 240# as a freshman for the Trojans. I know there isn't a 'type' of player who juices, but IMO he wasn't a guy who built his career or longevity on using PEDs.

For selfish reasons, I hope concussions weren't a factor in Seau's death.
I still remember a quote in The Sporting News years ago about Seau; roughly paraphrased that said, 'Junior Seau plays the game of football with an intensity that borders on fear, as if something bad will happen to him if he doesn't.'

To put it simply, Seau was maniacal and played with a motor that few players can match.

For the sake of the game, I hope it was depression Seau suffered from unrelated to mental deterioration due to years of brain damage from head trauma.

Great player and one of my favorite defensive standouts. I still like him more than Ray Lewis.

Really awful news.
Old 05-02-2012, 06:11 PM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Permanent solution to a temporary problem

Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 06:38 PM    (permalink
Beano
Rookie

Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Really sad news, terrific football player.

R.I.P.
Beano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 06:49 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is awful... The man was one of the best Linebackers I have ever seen play the game. Its always terrible to lose suck an influential person. Not only on the Football field but off as well. What makes it worse is how it happened. He should have had a much longer life.

RIP
Old 05-02-2012, 07:17 PM    (permalink
Asteinebach
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
I hear he didn't even Seau.
-rep coming
Old 05-02-2012, 07:54 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
Permanent solution to a temporary problem
The thing is, it doesn't seem like an even remotely temporary problem to the people who commit suicide.

My heart goes out to his friends and family.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 08:24 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asteinebach View Post
-rep coming
From me as well. Who does that?