Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-02-2012, 01:13 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
Way to inform the guys of their suspensions Roger

Maybe he told them he was going to be calling, but he wasn't listening... (again)

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 01:13 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Way to inform the guys of their suspensions Roger

The most amazing thing to me about this tweet is that Chase Daniel is still in the NFL.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 01:14 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
I think this is a bit naive. The coaching staff is in shambles, the front office is in shambles, the defensive team is in shambles with their leaders suspended. It's not like the NFC South is a weak Division. Even with a we against them attitude, I seriously doubt the Saints make the playoffs.
Brees will be signed at some point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Does anyone think the Saints could end up being like last year's Colts? Not as bad a record... but still be bad enough to get a Top 10 pick, get a top QB and trade Brees?
I don't mean to sound like a total homer, but I'm really not that worried. I am not saying we are gaurenteed to make to make the play-offs or that Brees is a one man army who is the equivalent of Super-man, but consider this.

We saw Carmicheal do a great job when Payton was injured last year. He's not Payton, but it could be worse. It wouldn't surprise me if we see him offered a HC job elsewhere soon anyway.

Hargrove and Fujita won't hurt us. We signed Curtis Lofton and Chris Chamberalin at LB, so missing Vilma won't be as devastating as it seems. Loosing Will Smith hurts the most imo, but if Cam Jordan, Junior Gallette, and Greg Romeus progress we will be ok.

In the end I see us missing the play-offs to a very good TB or Atlanta team regardless and picking up a #15-20 draft selection. Will it be tough to deal with, yeah. Will it be the end of the world, not even close.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 01:16 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Congratulations Bert Macklin, you win the Homer of the Century award! There was some stiff competition out there this year too. J-Mike NEARLY edged you out for the title.

Anyway, congratulations on this prestigious award!
I couldn't have done it without your constant hate! Thanks!
"People are going to start respecting LSU...if you don't, we're going to hit you in your mouth."
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 01:17 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
The most amazing thing to me about this tweet is that Chase Daniel is still in the NFL.
Brees' eventual replacement bro.
"People are going to start respecting LSU...if you don't, we're going to hit you in your mouth."
Old 05-02-2012, 01:19 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If you believe that, then I have some Colt Brennan to sell you.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 01:22 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
I don't mean to sound like a total homer, but I'm really not that worried. I am not saying we are gaurenteed to make to make the play-offs or that Brees is a one man army who is the equivalent of Super-man, but consider this.

We saw Carmicheal do a great job when Payton was injured last year. He's not Payton, but it could be worse. It wouldn't surprise me if we see him offered a HC job elsewhere soon anyway.

Hargrove and Fujita won't hurt us. We signed Curtis Lofton and Chris Chamberalin at LB, so missing Vilma won't be as devastating as it seems. Loosing Will Smith hurts the most imo, but if Cam Jordan, Junior Gallette, and Greg Romeus progress we will be ok.

In the end I see us missing the play-offs to a very good TB or Atlanta team regardless and picking up a #15-20 draft selection. Will it be tough to deal with, yeah. Will it be the end of the world, not even close.
It's losing all that leadership that is going to hurt the most. Fans underestimate how important leaders are to an organization and a team.
I still think it will be hard everytime you lose a close game and know in your heart that you might have won it in normal situation.
End of the world no, because you will receive a reward in draft position next year, but still tough to swallow for a whole season.
Old 05-02-2012, 01:27 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If you believe that, then I have some Colt Brennan to sell you.
BOOM! Roasted!

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 01:30 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do you see what this guy is writing here, Drew?

Quote:

What does that say up there?

Get behind me, boy.

Old 05-02-2012, 08:42 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I couldn't have done it without your constant hate! Thanks!
You do realize that you're directly responsible for the overwhelming majority of the Saints hate on this board, right? It's like J-Mike with the Packers.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 12:03 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not that I want Chase Daniel as Brees' replacement, but he's substantially better than Colt Brennan could ever be.

Oh, and Bert isn't nearly on J-Mike's level. He'd have to turn, say, a Junior Seau appreciation thread into something about the Saints, and he'd have to make new threads about other teams players, and how it relates to the Saints, to get on J-Mike's level.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 12:15 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
Not that I want Chase Daniel as Brees' replacement, but he's substantially better than Colt Brennan could ever be.

Oh, and Bert isn't nearly on J-Mike's level. He'd have to turn, say, a Junior Seau appreciation thread into something about the Saints, and he'd have to make new threads about other teams players, and how it relates to the Saints, to get on J-Mike's level.
You should always hold a candle for Colt Brennan. That guy just has the coolest name. He was supposed to be a great NFL quarterback, but something happened with the stars being misaligned or whatever.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 12:18 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Does anyone think the Saints could end up being like last year's Colts? Not as bad a record... but still be bad enough to get a Top 10 pick, get a top QB and trade Brees?
Not if they have Brees. I could see them reverting back to their 2007 and 2008 years where the defense was terrible and they floated around 8-8.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 12:21 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Not if they have Brees. I could see them reverting back to their 2007 and 2008 years where the defense was terrible and they floated around 8-8.
the thing, the defensive personnel is about as good as its been in the last 10 years

Saints 2014 draft

1st: Jason Verrett
2nd: Donte Moncrief
3rd: Jimmy Ward
4th: JaWuan James
5th: Dri Archer
6th: Gabe Ikard
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 01:22 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Yeah, J-Mike is terrible. Rodgers could rape a chick and he would make a thread about how great of a guy Rodgers is for allowing said girl to sleep with him.

But J-Mike has been very quiet lately. He hasn't posted in two weeks and hasn't made a new thread in two months. I worried about him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 01:25 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think he might have actually lost his thread starting ability. I think I remember reading that. Not sure if it was serious or not.
Old 05-03-2012, 01:51 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i havent commented on the bounties and stuff very much but is there anyone else not totally disgusted by the idea of them? i really couldnt care less lol

Quote:
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 01:54 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
i havent commented on the bounties and stuff very much but is there anyone else not totally disgusted by the idea of them? i really couldnt care less lol
Rather than edit that sentence, let reply with the following:

I am not disgusted with the bounties. They are wrong and I wish my team had not been involved in any way, but I am not naive enough to have believed that they did not exist and still shall on some level.

Old 05-03-2012, 01:58 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
If everything I have heard is true, I am extremely disgusted. Coach Williams telling people to go after people's knees is despicable. That could end a guys career and if it was bad enough, maybe even make it difficult to walk. Vilma putting up money to knock quarterbacks out of the game with concussions is even worse. We have seen the effects of concussions on older players (mental illness, depression, suicide). The things alleged in the bounty scandals weren't just rewards for hard hits. They were rewards for doing things to other players that could ruin their lives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 02:03 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

fair enough on both points.

Quote:
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 02:11 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vilma upped Gregg Williams' money, and I don't think there is any proof that Vilma was trying to knock people out of games with concussions.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 02:15 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Vilma upped Gregg Williams' money, and I don't think there is any proof that Vilma was trying to knock people out of games with concussions.
I see proof that people are trying to knock people out of the game with a concussion every time I see them try to ram their face-mask through the other person's ear-hole. It is a violent game and that is why I enjoy it.

Old 05-03-2012, 02:45 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I loved Darren Woodsen saying that suspending Vilma for a year is equivalent to suspending a corporate worker for 5 years. Not quite Woodsen... And if someone in the workplace was offering bounties, he would have been suspended for far more than 5 years. In prison...

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 02:48 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate it when people try to make comparisons between sports jobs and normal jobs. It's always completely ******** logic, as it was there.

It's why I don't feel bad when I say, for instance, a coach should/could be fired. I'm certain that every NFL head coach is making millions per season. Some coordinators too...and those that aren't are at least hauling in 6 figures.

And when you're fired, you just step down a level. Or go into the media. Or get a job with a college team where you, again, get paid ridiculous sums of money. I'd bet in 9/10 states, the highest earning "public employee" (or however it's worded,) is the biggest state schools head coach. I know it was true in PA with Joe Pa. I know it's true with Nick Saban.

Sports jobs are more like elected offices and the owner/boosters/fans are your constituents.
Old 05-03-2012, 03:08 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
If everything I have heard is true, I am extremely disgusted. Coach Williams telling people to go after people's knees is despicable. That could end a guys career and if it was bad enough, maybe even make it difficult to walk. Vilma putting up money to knock quarterbacks out of the game with concussions is even worse. We have seen the effects of concussions on older players (mental illness, depression, suicide). The things alleged in the bounty scandals weren't just rewards for hard hits. They were rewards for doing things to other players that could ruin their lives.
Guess you hate Deacon Jones too?
Quote:
With no remorse in my heart, I tried to put him in the hospital every time I tackled em