Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 05-02-2012, 10:30 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like Gaffney is going to New England. That's fine with me. He's a nice kind of player to have but I don't think he would be a big upgrade for the Ravens. I hope Doss wins the #3 spot. Streeter provides more for what the Ravens need but I don't see him getting much time on the field for the first season or two. Doss isn't the ideal fit for Cameron's system but I think he would be a better option on the outside than Boldin. Of course that's assuming Boldin lines up in the slot and who knows what will happen with Cameron calling the shots.

Kemoeatu is a decent addition. He's going to be competing for the backup NT spot with Jean-Baptiste and Kitchen. DeCosta said they were really high on Kitchen (well, he referred to him as "a nose tackle from the MAC" because they've only agreed to terms so far) in a post-draft chat baltimoreravens.com did yesterday. I'm glad they're addressing the DL depth though. Adding another quality rotational DE would be nice.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 10:06 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, it looks like we'll be moving forward with Upshaw, Kindle and Kruger at OLB. That Terrell Suggs injury is incredibly demoralizing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 10:22 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wow that SUCKS. Kindle and Albert McLLean just recieved an opportunity of a lifetime.
Old 05-03-2012, 11:03 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sorry to hear about Sizzle. I wish no harm on any player. This sucks. I always enjoyed watching him play. Hope he can come back to full health soon.
Old 05-03-2012, 11:12 AM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

***************************************!
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 11:15 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So Upshaw at RUSH and Kruger at SAM or vice versa?
Old 05-03-2012, 11:19 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Probably vice versa, from what I'm reading. Apparently our coaching staff loved the way Kruger rushed the passer last season, I know before the Upshaw selection they were saying to play the SAM Backer position he'd have to improve his run stuffing. I imagine with Upshaw on board, it would make sense to play him on the strong side and let Kruger and Kindle rotate at the other position. Ugh. This entire offseason/upcoming season is just bad juju.
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
Old 05-03-2012, 11:34 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Probably vice versa, from what I'm reading. Apparently our coaching staff loved the way Kruger rushed the passer last season, I know before the Upshaw selection they were saying to play the SAM Backer position he'd have to improve his run stuffing. I imagine with Upshaw on board, it would make sense to play him on the strong side and let Kruger and Kindle rotate at the other position. Ugh. This entire offseason/upcoming season is just bad juju.
Kruger was used mainly as a pass-rusher last season so I don't see why they wouldn't just slide him over to the RUSH LB role. Upshaw is the prototypical SAM LB so I don't think switching them would make a lot of sense.

Quote:
Aaron Wilson ‏ @RavensInsider

Terrell Suggs' text: to me: 'We do a conditioning test every year, and I was practicing it.'
Quote:

Terrell Suggs: ''I went to stop and turn and I thought i sprained it. Went to doc and said it's a partial tear."
Quote:

Terrell Suggs to me on whether he might play this year: 'Absolutely. Middle to end of OCtober. Definitely beginning of December.'
Quote:

Sorry, November
I've never wished for a partial torn Achilles more in m life.
Old 05-03-2012, 11:48 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

It'd be so excellent if we could get him back for the home stretch, but the last thing I'd want is for him to jeopardize his recovery and come back sooner then he should. They'll be another season for him to play, hopefully one where our offense isn't being held back by Cam Cameron's idiocy.
Quote:
Old 05-03-2012, 11:48 AM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That would be such a blessing if it were only partially torn. Just the morale boost of having him back, even if it's for just a few games, would be great for the lockerroom. It's hard to believe he'll be that effective, but partial sounds so much better than a complete tear right now.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 01:39 PM    (permalink
FSPH
Rookie

FSPH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FSPH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FSPH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FSPH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FSPH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FSPH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FSPH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FSPH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FSPH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FSPH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FSPH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's a tough pill to swallow but we will be ok guys. We will just have to have a couple guys try to make up as much of Suggs production as possible. I want to know the money situation. If we can not have Suggs money against our cap we could go grab someone to help out. Ive been hearing people talk about OSI but that's not likely. I say keep your head up guys the road to a Ring has got a little harder but I believe we will figure a way through this. I know that this won't stop us from having a good year. Hopefully he will be back by playoffs and we can just run with our team we have now and have him come back when most needed.
FSPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 02:50 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kinda glad he doesn't have to play through and waste his body playing Dean Peas' grandpa style defense.
Old 05-04-2012, 11:08 AM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well, it looks like we'll be moving forward with Upshaw, Kindle and Kruger at OLB. That Terrell Suggs injury is incredibly demoralizing.
you do realize that this is the start of what i believe will be hall-of-fame career for one of your players, right?
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 12:21 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
you do realize that this is the start of what i believe will be hall-of-fame career for one of your players, right?
Oh trust me, I'm not upset that Upshaw will be on the field. Check the forums, I'm a huge supporter of his and he was one of my dream picks for the Ravens. It's just upsetting it wont be Suggs on the other side.
Quote:
Old 05-04-2012, 02:12 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Quote:
It'd be so excellent if we could get him back for the home stretch, but the last thing I'd want is for him to jeopardize his recovery and come back sooner then he should. They'll be another season for him to play, hopefully one where our offense isn't being held back by Cam Cameron's idiocy.
True. I'm not totally familiar with how long it takes to recover from a partial Achilles tear or how big a difference between a partial and full tear are though. There have been studies the media has been quoted lately saying it takes 11 months to come back but I'm pretty sure that's referring to a full tear.
Old 05-05-2012, 02:15 AM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Upshaw at Rush, platoon guys at SAM.....Kruger on the sideline in street clothes hopefully.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 10:03 AM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
Upshaw at Rush, platoon guys at SAM.....Kruger on the sideline in street clothes hopefully.
I don't know, I might prefer Upshaw at SAM. I mean I don't doubt his ability to rush the passer but I think his career position will be at SAM so why move a guy over?

Our D will likely be very vanilla and we won't really be blitzing on 1st and 2nd downs so the way I view it, just bring Kruger in on 3rd down and have Kindle in on 1st and 2nd.

Upshaw can still provide pass rush from the left side on all downs. Going up against the right side of the OL wouldn't be the worst thing in the world for a rookie, just look at CM3 a few years ago.

Next year I would hope to have Suggs - McClain - Kindle - Upshaw

McClain actually isn't terrible when he is standing next to someone of substance in the middle. Still, I wouldn't mind grabbing a replacement for him.

Clearly one of Kruger, Kindle and Upshaw will win the starting job at SAM (I'm assuming Upshaw) The other two will either be cut, used as situational pass rushers, or have to make the move to a new position. Would really like to see what Kindle can do in the middle.

Krugers move to DE failed and will likely remain a situational guy, but could end up being cut/traded.

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Miller is visual sex on the field.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 11:29 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Sometimes I think he stole your girl or something
Old 05-06-2012, 10:41 AM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some food for thought boys.

http://www.baltimorebeatdown.com/201...ent-precedence

Our D is a solid unit. Our coordinator might be a bit conservative but there are still some aggressive playmakers on this D.

http://www.baltimorebeatdown.com/201...ookies-success

This article is definitely a bit far fetched, but I like the CMIII reference. I think that if they indeed decide to keep Upshaw on the left side of the D, it could be the best thing for him.

There were some concerns about his ability to effectively pass rush from the right side, but no one doubted him as an overall playmaker.

Putting him up against right tackles could aid his ability to pass rush effectively, in the mold of CMIII and Lamar Woodley.

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:

Last edited by Sloopy : 05-06-2012 at 10:53 AM.
Old 05-06-2012, 08:32 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I think Lamar Woodley is best case scenario for Upshaw. Worst case is Jarrett Johnson with slightly better pass rushing. I love this pick we will be fine with Upshaw. Im nervous about Kruger/Kindle taking Suggs place. I think we can see a lot of Kindle/Kruger combos on the field with pass rushing situations.

BTW anyone think we may try to develop McCllean to a ILB like we did w/ McClain. He was 43 DE his whole college career trying to learn 34 olb when he came here. But when we played the 49ers we went to a 43 and he played 43 wlb very well considering it was his first day ever at it.
Old 05-06-2012, 10:15 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Jacoby Jones visits the Ravens. Thoughts? I know America didnt want him but he can fill the need as a PR for us.
Old 05-07-2012, 06:39 AM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
Sometimes I think he stole your girl or something
No he's just been stealing checks from the Ravens for years.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 09:44 AM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
No he's just been stealing checks from the Ravens for years.
730k isn't a bad price to pay for those 5.5 sacks last year.

Admittedly the last two years haven't produced much but he wasn't the first nor will he be the last player to struggle out of the gate; and considering that at one point they asked him to beef up and play DE, last year was understandably not a productive one.

Considering that he was third on our team in sacks last year, I hope that ,despite this conservative defense, we will be able to get some similar production out of him. It would go a long way in helping fill in for Suggs.

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 05-07-2012, 02:44 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Cary Williams has signed his $1.927 million second-round restricted tender
http://www.carrollcountytimes.com/bl...a4bcf887a.html

I'm okay with that tender, now lets get the long term deal done. This is a great young secondary even with Reed aging.

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 05-07-2012, 02:49 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloopy View Post
http://www.carrollcountytimes.com/bl...a4bcf887a.html

I'm okay with that tender, now lets get the long term deal done. This is a great young secondary even with Reed aging.
We signed Ryan McBeane today as well, even though he's suspended for the first 6 games of the 2012 season.
Quote: