We should get some discussion going in here.
I already made my list, but since you can resubmit them, maybe some discussion for the sake of discussion will help people make their lists and help me edit mine.
One area I had trouble with was making a top 10 for safeties
I tried to keep production in mind with all of my top 10 lists so as to avoid the perennial players at the tops of these lists.
We all know that Ed Reed, Troy Polamalu, etc. are the top safeties overall in the league, but in terms of who really produced last year, my list goes as follows:
1. Eric Weddle
2. Kam Chancellor
3. Roman Harper
4. Bernard Pollard
5. Dashon Goldson
6. Charlie Peprah
7. Quintin Mikell
8. Kenny Phillips
9. Ed Reed
10. Troy Polamalu
I also tried to avoid just listing players who were coverage guys, so some of these guys I felt excelled in the run game etc.
- Kind of hard to not put Weddle up at #1, tied the league in interceptions, not really much in terms of other stats but he is definitely one of the better pure safeties in the game right now.
- By the end I had to throw Reed and Polamalu on the list for lack of really any other sort of dominance by other players.
While, they are both definitely top 10 at their position in this league, the production just wasn't there this year for Reed who seemed to play soft at times.
The same can be said for Polamalu (maybe not the playing soft part) but he got pretty exposed in coverage this year which is really just sticking in my mind. Most of us have known this about him for years but it was really keyed in on at times this year.
- Pollard is a bit higher on my list than I would like him, but he really improved in coverage this year and had a pretty big impact in the run game. Again, I tried to not just include safeties who were just coverage guys.
- Kam Chancellor was pretty solid all around and had some nice production, definitely one of the up and comers in this league at safety.
- Roman Harper had 7.5 sacks from the safety position, his coverage wasn't so great, but again I tried to not just include coverage safeties.
The rest of it kind of just filled in as I could. Again, I really didn't like the way that this list went. So comments would be appreciated.
I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Originally Posted by keylime_5
Miller is visual sex on the field.