Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Jets Team Forum

New York Jets Team Forum Discuss the J-E-T-S

Old 04-14-2012, 08:27 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robcards View Post
Have to go bpa? Thats the best way to draft in the first round. Needs drafting is awful. Luckily (sarcasm) the Jets have enough needs so that a bpa pick will likely fill a need as well. CB and move Cromartie to FS, OL to play RT, OLB, WR, HB, etc etc itd be hard not to fill a need with the first pick.
Meh, I don't know. I just have a feeling that the BPA will be someone like Poe and I'd rather not invest an early pick in another D-lineman. Or someone like Perry or Mercilus. I don't like either.

I certainly don't want to draft a CB in the first to move Cro to FS. He's not physical enough to play safety. If we take a corner in the first, I want it to be Kirkpatrick and move him to FS.

The only RB worth it in the first is Richardson. If we dare reach for Martin in the first I'll be pissed. Miller and Wilson are great options in the second.

Like what was said above, Jonathan Martin is not physical enough for our O and I'm not sold on Reiff.

Maybe the BPA available will be a position of need, it doesn't mean that I'm going to like the player. Ex. Perry and Mercilus.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 08:33 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually like a lot more players we can get in the 2nd.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-14-2012, 08:36 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hawkeyes' OL is decent and offers best value AFTER 1st round. Yanda and Steinbach offered better value because they went to 2nd and 3rd or 4th, respectively. Gallery, Bulaga and Reiff in 1st round is something that I dont feel comfortable gambling.

It does not mean Reiff is a bust because of Gallery. Iowa has history of having OL with short arm and relying on ZBS assignments. It is really difficult to know whether or not OL can handle by his own until OL sees some action under pro coaching. I am not interesting in that kind of progression and timing for 1st round OL.

Gilmore offers better zone defense so he can transfer to FS easier than Kirkpatrick. However, I do not want to spend 1st round on CB to play FS.
YotoJets007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 08:39 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ah.... I think I read somewhere Jets have zero interest in Mericlus and Upshaw. Thanks god.

If Cromartie is committing to FS job then Jets should take Coryell Judie in 3rd round or later depending what value of his.

I am still bothered by Jets not planning to draft OLB until 5th round. Speculation or not.
Old 04-15-2012, 12:08 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Youre all insane if you wouldnt be ecstatic for Reiff at 16. Best RT in the draft hands down and its the Jets biggest need and he'd be above and beyond the bpa at 16. Also, saying Reiff would be a bust just because Gallery was is awful logic. Other Iowa OL have done well in the NFL, yanda, bulaga, and steinbach to name a few. I know pass rusher is the likely pick, but really Id be more comfortable with a Maybin/Thomas platoon and Reiff or Martin at RT than have another season of Hunter at RT. Also there's much better OLB options round 2 than there are at RT. Also why in the world would the Jets play Reiff at LG? Hunter is getting replaced before Slauson would, and Reiff is a tackle not a guard.
Eh, I'm not sold on him. Lots of chatter that he's going to drop big time, same thing happened with Bulaga last year, and I can see why with Reiff. Short arms, not that strong or a real road grader, plays high and tends to get overextended at points. I don't really think he's a sure thing or a tremendous fit at RT for a team that really wants to be dominant running the ball and already has a finesse RT. They'd want a road grader I imagine, and that's not Reiff. He's a solid player and I'd be okay with the pick, but he's absolutely got question marks and is far from a slam dunk.

Quote:
Have to go bpa? Thats the best way to draft in the first round. Needs drafting is awful. Luckily (sarcasm) the Jets have enough needs so that a bpa pick will likely fill a need as well. CB and move Cromartie to FS, OL to play RT, OLB, WR, HB, etc etc itd be hard not to fill a need with the first pick.
I agree that going BPA is the way to go in most cases. Not sure I'd want to take a corner in the first given the depth at the position, but for the most part that's the best way to build a team. That said, Cromartie to FS? You've got to be kidding me. That's a bad idea for so many reasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
I actually like a lot more players we can get in the 2nd.
Yeah me too. Unfortunately looking like the second round pick might get traded away, so they may not be taking anybody there. Wonder if the Ingram thing is a smokescreen, came out a little bit earlier than this stuff usually does when it's legit, but who knows. Why leak that you want to trade up when you actually want to move down? Unless they don't like Ingram and hope somebody takes him ahead of their pick...

Last edited by derza222 : 04-15-2012 at 12:11 PM.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 11:23 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Trading up in the first would be a cataclysmic mistake. We need to trade back. The best value pass rushers are guys like Branch, Jones, Curry, Irvin, etc that you can get late 1st or 2nd. Theres not a whole lot of picks at 16 that i'd be annoyed with, but trading up would piss me off more than trading for Tebow did. Seriously aside from Luck and Griffin this is a draft class where the depth is more impressive than the top end talent, so trading back for more picks would be ideal.
Robcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 10:43 AM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

There is no suggestion that Jets will trade up in the grapevine as far as I know. There are several top end talents but it is for wrong player and wrong position. I think Jets already have a trade down in place as they have welcomed several potential top 15 and late raising prospects in for a visit.

First Shea McLellen, now Chandler Jones for 1st round consideration. I like Jones' tools but not for 1st round pick.

Edit: Ah I see the trading up for Ingram rumor. Not a big fan of it, either.

Last edited by YotoJets007 : 04-16-2012 at 10:52 AM.
Old 04-18-2012, 03:13 PM    (permalink
Old School
Rookie

Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What are your thoughts on the 2012 schedule?

I think this schedule is more than fair, and easier than last season. Indy/STL/Jax/Tenn/ and of course Buff & Mia x 2 ....... I'll take that schedule any day. A few tough match-ups with Pitt/SF/Hou/NE, but they'll be interesting to see how we match up. Excited about playing NE on Thanksgiving also.

Discuss.
Old School is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 11:29 AM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

I got only one Jet fan who never posts anything in this forum for my 7 round mock. I would like to hear more comments from Jet fans. I already know that virtually all of you hate me for passing on Ingram but what about other draft prospects Jets mockingly picked. Don't be coward. thank you.
Old 04-21-2012, 07:19 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Easiest schedule the jets will have in a long time. South is the weakest afc division and west is easiest nfc division. Finishing 2nd got us the steelers and chargers though, but oh well.

I dont want Ingram he's full of bust sauce. Short, short arms, he'll get mauled by NFL left tackles. Probably gonna get poe, coples, or kuechly rnd1 and pass rusher rnd2, i doubt the best defensive player at 16 will be a rusher. Looking at Branch, Curry, Mercilus, Mcclellin, Lewis, Irvin etc rnd 2

Last edited by Robcards : 04-21-2012 at 07:21 PM.
Robcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 04:09 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh man. I'm finally back.
Old 04-23-2012, 06:25 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
Oh man. I'm finally back.
Nice! How's it going man? What're you thinking in terms of how you think things will go Thursday?
Old 04-23-2012, 07:31 PM    (permalink
Old School
Rookie

Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This just pisses me off !!! Not the best cap situation, so many needs, and possibly 10 draft picks to sign......

"Darrelle Revis is unhappy with his contract situation, and didn't rule out the possibility of a holdout when speaking to reporters Monday.
"I just don't know," said Revis. "I'm not saying I am going to holdout. I'm not saying I'm not." Revis held out for over a month back in 2010 before signing a four-year, $46 million extension. Only 26 and clearly the most dominant player at his position, Revis is understandably upset after watching inferior Brandon Carr and Cortland Finnegan land huge contracts. He has plenty of leverage and likely won't be satisfied unless he's the league's top-paid cornerback."
Old 04-23-2012, 10:58 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

Maybe that is why Jets try to get extra cap room. lol.
Old 05-01-2012, 09:04 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Jets signed Josh Brown to compete with Folk. Can't hurt.
Old 05-02-2012, 09:35 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

We released DE Ropati Pitoitua.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-03-2012, 12:19 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Anybody else think that the Jets are going to be running a really 4-3 heavy defense sometime in the future? They ran a good amount of 4-3 anyway with the hybrid scheme so it shouldn't be a huge transition if they do.

To me with the addition of Dunbar as the DL coach who obviously can coach any DL but was a 4-3 guy in Minnesota, Coples and Davis in the draft who seem to fit the 4-3 better, and now the release of Pitoitua who was a better 3-4 end fit than anywhere in the 4-3, there have been quite a few signs.

I think this would be smart and if true they're doing a good job of it for a few reasons. One, obviously a ton of 3-4 is being run in the NFL right now and it's causing pure 4-3 talent to drop in the draft, meaning a team with 4-3 needs can get a really solid player later than they usually would provided they don't fit the 3-4. Shorter, penetrating DT's, smaller LB's, etc all tend to drop, and it's nice to be able to grab that talent.

Two, I think the transition would be really easy and now is the perfect time to do it. Major long-term front 7 pieces all fit in the 4-3 or the 3-4: Harris can play inside or out in the 4-3 IMO and obviously is great inside in the 3-4, Davis needs to put on weight to fit inside in the 3-4 but would have no problem playing outside in the 4-3, Wilkerson and Ellis both are more than athletic enough to be very disruptive inside a 4-3 and would provide a ton of size in the middle too but obviously are really good 3-4 DE and NT fits respectively, and Coples fits at LE in a 4-3 pretty easily but is big enough to bulk up and play end in the 3-4 and since it's not really a gap control scheme he shouldn't really struggle with that. The guys who don't fit IMO - Scott, Pace, and Thomas - are all likely to be gone after this year. Scott's too slow and represents significant contract savings if he's cut, Pace was no good at LB or DE in the 4-3 in Arizona and also represents significant contract savings, and Thomas struggled at both here as well and will be a UFA after the season. Now there are some guys who could go either way. Maybin obviously is too light to play 4-3 end and doesn't have 3-4 LB skills, but he's not necessarily a long-term piece since he's on a one year deal. If they do keep him around not sure if they try to develop his LB skills and play him in a blitz heavy role like the Bengals do with their LB's or Von Miller and Brian Orakpo were used, if they try to bulk him up to play end, or if he's just a passing down guy. Not a big deal if he doesn't work out though. DeVito seems like more of a 3-4 guy but could easily be a running down guy at DT in the 4-3 and seems to be breaking down some. Other depth guys like Dixon, Mauga, and Sapp aren't necessarily critical but could probably find a home somewhere, Dixon inside at tackle, Mauga somewhere at LB, and Sapp at DE or LB depending on how his LB skills develop and where his weight's at.

Additionally, as it stands right now it's almost a lock that Pace is getting cut and with Thomas as a UFA they were trying to replace. Unless Maybin steps up majorly and proves he's deserving of a starting role as a 3-4 OLB next season, which seems like a major stretch, the Jets are looking at having to bring in two new starting 3-4 OLB's if they stick with that scheme. However if they move to the 4-3 they could either try to find a home for Maybin or need to bring in a 4-3 RE and a 4-3 LB (given I think Harris could play OLB or MLB there's a lot of flexibility as to what kind of LB they'd need to bring in). Much less of an investment in terms of money and draft, obviously the end is a premium spot but good 4-3 LB's can be found day 2 of the draft or relatively reasonably in FA compared to two premium spots with 3-4 OLB's.

Finally, if they are planning on making this move, it's awesome that they're keeping it quiet. No reason to step out and say hey league, we're planning on running mostly 4-3 and making it completely obvious that you're looking for that kind of personnel. The Jets have run plenty of 4-3 in the past and they figure to run plenty of 3-4 this year, but starting the transition a year early and getting pieces in place would be a great move, especially since the pieces in place on the team right now are really versatile and could play both schemes anyway.
Old 05-03-2012, 01:49 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

It seems that way Derza. I would love to move to a 4-3.

Coples - Wilkerson - Ellis - RDE?

Davis - Harris - ?

Having Scott, Pace, Pouha, etc coming off the books will open up a lot of cap space.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-03-2012, 01:54 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

In other news, the Jags released CB Drew Coleman. Cimini hinted that the Jets may be interested and I hope they are. He's perfect for the dime and he's a great blitzer from the secondary. Make it happen, Mr.T.

In an ESPN.com chat, he said not to rule out Vernon Carey. He's probably a better fit at OG at this point in his career, but he would be an upgrade over Hunter and Ducasse at RT. It probably won't happen but interesting to consider nonetheless.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-03-2012, 03:34 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Yeah, if you add a legit pass rusher at RE the front 7 is absolutely filthy. Size, speed, athleticism, blitz potential, stout against the run. Would be awesome, attacking oriented 4-3. Move Coples inside on passing downs, I think it'd work well. I also think Harris would honestly be fine as a strongside 4-3 linebacker too if there was better value in the draft or FA for a MLB.

And I like both of those possibilities quite a bit. Coleman would be an excellent fit for the dime and a 4th corner is definitely needed. Knows the scheme, solid player. Allows you to keep the better of Fletcher and Steed as a 5th corner to develop instead of both.

And I'd be completely down for Vernon Carey. Was a good RT and struggled some with the move inside, either he's wearing down a bit or he's just more comfortable outside. Lots of people thought Woody was too old to play tackle and he was just fine at RT. He and Sparano obviously know each other, and he's probably be an upgrade. Maybe a last second addition if Ducasse and Howard fall flat on their faces since I doubt they want to start Hunter, but it'd be good to sign him before that and see if he's still got it. Could use the depth at guard too.

I'd imagine there will be some veteran FA signings, guys like Coleman and Jim Leonhard are probably more likely. Made sense to wait until after the draft, no need to bring in the fringe players if you think there are guys in the draft who you can have fill those roles. Definitely could use depth at some spots, we'll see what happens. I'm most hopeful for Coleman. He was a good player his last year with the Jets and the team needs a more proven 4th corner.
Old 05-03-2012, 07:02 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

Jets will be converting to 4-3 just because of Coples and Davis? That is a good discussion but it is not a realistic plan.

Out of Jets roster, only Davis will offer coverage skill but that is for zone coverage duty. A passive 4-3 in all formations will require rebooting in both OLB positions. Base 4-3 will move Harris to SLB with Davis controlling MLB job.

There are only 2 4-3 schemes I can see that would happen.

1. Ryan likes to have blitz involved so the late Jim Johnson's defense would work with Davis at WLB. Harris could be our MLB but not for long time.

2. The fewest overhauling possibility is "Over" 4-3 defense, the one that Butch Davis has been running in both pro and college. Wilkerson is only in question as a bull passer inside but he is supposed to have that tool. Pace would occupy LE opposing to Coples. That leaves SLB and you can find a decent one easily.

Granted, Jets will need another draft to complete an overhaul but I certainly hope Maybin and Sapp pick up like James Harrison or Cameron Wake to make 3-4 successful. grrr!!!
Old 05-03-2012, 07:08 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
In other news, the Jags released CB Drew Coleman. Cimini hinted that the Jets may be interested and I hope they are. He's perfect for the dime and he's a great blitzer from the secondary. Make it happen, Mr.T.

In an ESPN.com chat, he said not to rule out Vernon Carey. He's probably a better fit at OG at this point in his career, but he would be an upgrade over Hunter and Ducasse at RT. It probably won't happen but interesting to consider nonetheless.

I feel like Carey has been hurt annually. However, I have no problem to have him for RT job with Hunter being blocking TE and Ducasse to back him up. Next year, Carey can move to RG after Brandon Moore becomes a free agent.

Hopefully, it is a good bargain.
Old 05-03-2012, 07:43 PM    (permalink
Old School
Rookie

"Jets signed No. 43 overall pick WR Stephen Hill to a four-year, $5 million contract. Hill will receive $2.8 million in guarantees

Quick and easy. Can't wait to see this guy stretch the field !!!
Old 05-03-2012, 09:02 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Yoto, the point I was trying to make is that there are a few front 7 pieces who are signed here for multiple years: Wilkerson, Coples, Pouha, and Ellis on the defensive line and Harris and Davis at linebacker. Of those players Wilkerson, Ellis, and Harris could easily fit in the 4-3 or the 3-4. Pouha is a better 3-4 fit though he could fit in the 4-3, and Coples and Davis are better 4-3 fits though they fit in the 3-4. However, Pouha can easily be cut.

Fact of the matter is the players they most recently brought in are better 4-3 fits than 3-4 fits, and the new defensive line coach (Dunbar) comes from a 4-3 background. It would be very easy to get rid of all 3-4 personnel. Scott, Pace, and Thomas are all likely gone after this season, so Pace's role in the defense is irrelevant. Maybe they were just trying to get faster, but I could very easily see a switch to more 4-3 looks than 3-4 looks in the near future. They run both anyway, but right now it's easier to find 4-3 personnel.
Old 05-04-2012, 01:33 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If they hit on draft picks this year and began to draft for it in the future, they should convert to the 4-2-5! Best defense ever! (I kid about the transition, but that's seriously the defense I would run)

I did sense us going more towards a 4-3 with the way they're drafting, however. I think it'll be much more like Baltimore's set-up where it was sort of situational, playing to the weaknesses of the offense they're facing and moving back and forth from a 3-4 and 4-3. They both have their benefits, and really, Rex and them wouldn't preach so much about positional versatility in the front seven if it wasn't for the fact that they wanted to feature multiple sets (including the 46).