Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 05-04-2012, 03:03 AM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Prospect of the Day: Montee Ball, RB, Wisconsin

I forgot to mention on the other threads, if you'd like me to start a thread for a prospect of your choice (draft eligible, of course!), send me a PM and I'll make his thread next! If there's more than one request, I'll start a list, and I'll go through it. If there's no one on the list, I'll just pick a player.

RB Montee Ball, Wisconsin

#28 - 5'11 – 212 lbs. – 21 years old

What do you guys think of him? First round running back? Could he be a legitimate #1 back for a franchise?

-------------------------

Previous Prospects of the Day

QB Matt Barkley, USC
CB Tyrann Mathieu, LSU
RB Montee Ball, Wisconsin

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 03:15 AM    (permalink
Bixby (Thumper)
Rookie

Location: "Everybody sounds like Meryl Streep with a gun to their head."
Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chester Taylor 2.0; Solid #2 back. That Wisconsin blocking scheme/offensive line makes him look better than he really is. Not overly powerful, not very elusive. Disciplined, intelligent runner who runs hard and can catch the ball. I think he's pretty similar to Chris Polk.
Bixby (Thumper) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 03:47 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Besides the huge numbers he puts up he seems like every other Whisky RB who has done nothing in the NFL

Do Cameron Marshall :)

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 04:21 AM    (permalink
RockyMtn_Badger
Rookie

RockyMtn_Badger hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Besides the huge numbers he puts up he seems like every other Whisky RB who has done nothing in the NFL

To be fair, you are comparing him to John Clay, PJ Hill, Ron Dayne, Brian Calhoun, Michael Bennett, etc. Ball is a much more complete back in terms of power, speed, and agility and a much better receiver than all of those guys (not including Calhoun).

With that said, I don't think he's going to be a #1 workhorse back but he'll have a much better career than any of those guys (assuming he stays healthy). 3rd rounder imo.

Also, we're really going to miss Zeitler next year despite our ability to churn out o-lineman year after year. Probably the most underrated Badger that I can remember.
RockyMtn_Badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 04:39 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Just my thoughts. I'm already thinking about changing my sig...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 08:51 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Way underrated here. People watch him with a skeptical Wisconsin RB eye, but you have to give the guy his do. He's a very similar prospect to Mark Ingram. Elite vision, above average burst and break tackle ability, and he's a great receiver out of the backfield. That line is great, but he had record breaking production last year. If Doug Martin can go first round there is no reason Montee Ball can't either.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 09:16 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Probably a better prospect than I give him credit for. If you need a RB and your team isn't putrid offensively, Ball can probably get the job done.
Just nothing really special about him, which I believe was the same scouting report on Emmitt Smith,lol.

I still think if Trent Richardson had played for Wisconsin last season he would have rushed for almost 2800 yards and 45 TDs.
Old 05-04-2012, 09:53 AM    (permalink
jbooshey
Rookie

jbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

I'm a huge Badger backer...but I try to be subjective as well. To me, Montee Ball does everything Doug Martin does...but better. I think he is a legitimate 1st round talent and too many people deny his ability because the O-line is good and Badger RB history in the NFL is poor. Montee is unlike any previous prospect in the last decade...he has prototypical size and he is an all-around back. He reminds me a lot of Marshall Faulk without the 4.3 speed.
jbooshey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 12:30 PM    (permalink
Dangermouse
Rookie

Dangermouse is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dangermouse is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dangermouse is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dangermouse is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dangermouse is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dangermouse is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dangermouse is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dangermouse is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dangermouse is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dangermouse is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dangermouse is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is our 3rd prospect and I have first round grades on them all.
Dangermouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 01:23 PM    (permalink
Dro
Rookie

Dro hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

how do you guys think he would project into a ZBS?
Dro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 04:27 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well according to NFL Network, he does appear to be a better RB than those previous Wisconsin RB's, however, he will still have a lot to prove in next year's postseason before any team will use a 1st round pick on him. Right now I cannot see any NFL GM drafting him in round 1 unless he lights up the Combine.
Old 05-04-2012, 04:41 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ball operates wonderfully between the tackles as he has pretty good vision and can make cuts with the best of 'em. He's also a weapon as a pass catcher. He obviously doesn't possess great speed but he also doesn't hinder him a great deal. I think he'll be a solid 2nd round choice.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 04:44 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2nd round choice to me, but whoever gets him is getting a workhorse. could be a 300+ carry RB
Old 05-05-2012, 05:14 PM    (permalink
ChiefMojo
Rookie

ChiefMojo hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I love Montee Ball (Wisconsin is my #2 team) but I see him as a 2nd round guy. He is very good at everything but not great at just one thing. He will be a good NFL back imo but his measurables just don't jump off the charts to you. He isn't Richardson who grades out extremely well in everything. I see him as a solid #1 and a quality #2 RB in the NFL. Good compliment back.
ChiefMojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 08:06 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

his decision to go back to school was flat out stupid imo, just adding more tread to the tires that. it will hurt his draft stock.
CowboysBeastMode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 08:08 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
2nd round choice to me, but whoever gets him is getting a workhorse. could be a 300+ carry RB
if he racks up just as many carries again this year he might fall to early third
CowboysBeastMode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 02:53 PM    (permalink
dmoneyrockin
Rookie

dmoneyrockin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dmoneyrockin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dmoneyrockin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dmoneyrockin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dmoneyrockin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dmoneyrockin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dmoneyrockin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dmoneyrockin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dmoneyrockin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dmoneyrockin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dmoneyrockin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Better vision and feet than Richardson and equal as a reciever. If another back is drafted ahead of him it will be a mistake.
dmoneyrockin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 03:24 PM    (permalink
ChiefMojo
Rookie

ChiefMojo hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The one saving grace Ball has is he has James White at Wisconsin also who is a NFL type back. So the tread may not be as used as one would assume.
ChiefMojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 03:57 PM    (permalink
Ghost of Juice
Rookie

Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like him, but if he wasn't a Wisconsin RB I would like him a lot more.
Ghost of Juice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 07:59 PM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not exactly murder, but probably worth mentioning. Have to say that this shouldn't really lower his draft stock at all as long as there aren't any other incidents.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-foo...passing-charge

On a side note, what kind of person doesn't want his school's Heisman trophy finalist on his porch at a party? Weak sauce.