Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-05-2012, 04:52 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I haven't really looked into it enough to make an official prediction. The Bears added Marshall and have one of the easiest schedules in the league, so I'd be a little surprised if they didn't grab the first wild card. Packers should coast as well. I'd probably give the Lions the edge for the #6 seed, even though I expect them to regress.

I've also been thinking Seattle over San Francisco in the west, but I'm not sold on that offense at all. San Fran will definitely regress though. The south seems like a complete crapshoot to me that will be decided by a few bounces. Tampa Bay is going in the right direction, but they worry me. I don't think Cam can repeat his 2011. I hate Atlanta, but I don't know what's to step them from grabbing a 3 seed and getting bounced in round 1 again.

NFC:
1. Packers
2. Giants - 2008-esque regular season swag
3. Falcons
4. Seahawks
5. Bears
6. Eagles - changed my mind. **** Detroit.

I'll think about the AFC later
Old 05-05-2012, 04:57 PM    (permalink
Bixby (Thumper)
Rookie

Location: "Everybody sounds like Meryl Streep with a gun to their head."
Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NFC:
Philadelphia
Dallas
Chicago
Green Bay
Carolina Panthers
Seattle Seahawks

AFC:
New England Patriots
Buffalo Bills
New York Jets
Baltimore Ravens
Houston Texans
Kansas City Chiefs

Last edited by Bixby (Thumper) : 05-07-2012 at 01:58 AM.
Bixby (Thumper) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 04:57 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't wait to see Houston this year. That defense should be so good. Watt is a beast, I love them getting Crick, great OLB rotation, Joseph is a stud CB.

Along with a great run game and Andre Johnson, that should be a fun team to watch this year.
Old 05-05-2012, 05:01 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I'm fine with White. The problem is that whole team is just so bland. They lack talent, they're a team loaded with JAGs across the board.

When I think playmakers, I see White, Jones, and Samuel as the only 3 guys on the team that have playmaking ability. Who else? They lack pass rushers, they lost Lofton and Spoon is good but not Willis/Bowman good, and Ryan isn't the type of qb who can really just pick you to pieces.

I just don't see it with them.

He has two Z's in his name. He's going to destroy the league based on that fact alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 05:05 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Quizz...he's pretty beast. Sometimes its tough to root for the dirty birds though.

I love ATL's tantrums when they **** up lol

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 05:10 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As a 49ers' fan I understand the likelihood of fewer wins in 2012. With that said, I'm excited to see what the team looks like with more than 40% of the offense and 60% of the defense installed!
Old 05-05-2012, 05:11 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
As a 49ers' fan I understand the likelihood of fewer wins in 2012. With that said, I'm excited to see what the team looks like with more than 40% of the offense and 60% of the defense installed!
I still see the 49ers winning 10-11 games but you never know in the NFL. I can't wait to see Randy Moss again.
Old 05-05-2012, 05:18 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NFC
1. GB
2. Dal
3. SF
4. NO
5. NYG
6. Det

AFC

1. NE
2. BAL
3. DEN
4. HOU
5. CIN
6. TEN
Old 05-05-2012, 05:20 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You will all see...Rusty Knob will lead the Raiders into the playoffs!!

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 05:39 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Josh Freeman still might be the most overrated player in the entire NFL on these boards.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 05:40 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Josh Freeman still might be the most overrated player in the entire NFL on these boards.
But he's sexy as ****!

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 05:51 PM    (permalink
Bixby (Thumper)
Rookie

Location: "Everybody sounds like Meryl Streep with a gun to their head."
Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I think that team is going to be a train wreck. For starters, Greg Schiano is the coach. And Vincent Jackson, Aqib Talib, Eric Wright, LaGarette Blount, Mike Williams and Kellen Winslow are all on the same roster.... #DisasterWrittenAllOverIt Maybe I'd care less about that if they had a coach who could manage them but Greg Schiano has been coaching teenagers for a vast majority of his career.

I do like that additions of Barron, Wilson, David, Okoye and Nicks however.
Bixby (Thumper) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 05:54 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Talib won't last long in Tampa. He's probably going to jail before the season starts.

Blount is getting replaced by Martin. Schiano is a man's man and he won't put up with ********. He'll do just fine in Tampa.
Old 05-05-2012, 06:18 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think Baltimore misses out bc they're getting older, Sugg's injury, plus their coordinators suck and they have no WRs and Flacco isn't going to elevate his game.
Could be a bunch of homer but I think that while Suggs injury will definitely hurt us:

1. We still have yet to see what Kruger/Kindle can do in full time roles and Upshaw will add a bit of pass rush.

2. We may be getting older in some areas but in others we are young and talented (looking at you CB corps)

3. We fought through Cam's incompetence last year and still made it out okay. The defense might be a bit Vanilla but it doesn't change the fact that there are still playmakers on that unit.

On the other hand the Steelers should be stronger next year.

I still think the Bengals are a bit overrated. They won a lot of games last year, but those wins came against some inferior opponents, and failed to win any games against the Steelers or Ravens and I doubt they can win the division without at least splitting with those guys, although more likely one would have to win at least 3 out of 4 of those match-ups

AFC:
North - Steelers
East - New England
South - Houston
West - Denver
WC - Baltimore
WC - Kansas City

NFC:
North - Green Bay
East - New York
South - Tampa Bay
West - St. Louis
WC - Detroit
WC - Chicago

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Miller is visual sex on the field.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 06:32 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

North - Steelers
East - New England
South - Houston
West - Chiefs
WC - Broncos
WC - Ravens

North - Chicago
East - Philly
South - Atlanta
West - Seattle
WC - Green Bay
WC - Cowboys

Very rough, but 5 new playoff teams (I believe the average is about 5.5). And one team goes worst to first in division (happens every year, went with KC, though I feel Carolina is a decent candidate).

Teams very tough to leave off:
-Bengals
-Saints
-Giants

Not that I think Bountygate will cross the Saints off, but I'm not OVERLY impressed with their roster outside of Brees. That may be enough though.

Bengals are moving in the right direction, just need one more year of Dalton before I 100% buy-in.

Giants, SB hangover? They have an explosive offense and great pass rush, very very tough to leave them off. But to get to 5 new teams, I just see it as a potential scenario. Don't LOVE the Eagles/Cowboys, but I do feel they can compete with the Giants in the very least if healthy.

NFC's probably the weirdest for me. I think SF takes a step back, and that division still reeks of fair incompetence. Seattle gets the best of the rest to win the division. I ALWAYS hate on Chicago, but they seem to be built to win this year and if GB/DET have a few injuries, I think the Bears could squeak out a division win.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 08:05 PM    (permalink
Bucs_Rule
Veteran

Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Talib won't last long in Tampa. He's probably going to jail before the season starts.

Blount is getting replaced by Martin. Schiano is a man's man and he won't put up with ********. He'll do just fine in Tampa.
I still can't believe the team passed on Claiborne.

The team will be better, I doubt they'll go from being the worst team in the NFL in the second half of the season to a playoff team. 7-9 wins.
Bucs_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 08:33 PM    (permalink
Blackluck
Rookie

Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

AFC
New England
Pittsburgh
Houston
KC
Denver
Cincy

NFC
Eagles
GB
ATL
SF
Seattle
Detroit

I think the Texans are the team to beat in the AFC. Even though I'm a NE fan our defense will still be a problem. Pittsburgh absolutley nailed their draft, so they're in the mix. I thought Dean Pees would be the Ravens doom, but Suggs going down is all but the proverbial nail. It'll be close between KC and Denver. Bills are tough; even though they're in our division I'd like to see them in a playoff hunt; injuries are usually their downfall as they lack depth (don't know if that's still true) so for right now giving the edge to the Bengals.

I have no real idea about the NFC, much better teams there.
Blackluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 09:21 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NFC
Packers
49ers
Dallas
Eagles
Lions
AFC
NE
Broncos
Houston
Steelers
KC

I'm basically picking almost everyone from last season only because the other teams who miss the play offs year in year out haven't done well in either FA or the draft and will maybe make the play offs some year by a chance.

Sucks that some of you have Seattle winning out, or AZ for the that matter.Really surprising since the 49ers have their defense still in tack from last season with adding some great talent in FA/Draft and should dominate the NFC west and easily win out.

On the AFC side of the ball It will be hard to see who runs the table there it will come down to NE and Pitt who have the best team IMO. Denver barely makes it again unless Manning comes back on fire and wins the north which he just might. All Denver has need now was a QB and the went and got Manning hopefully for them he lives up to the hype.

Super bowl

SF vs Broncos .... Would be a good battle.
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 09:28 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lawlz. People are underrating the Saints criminally. I love it.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 09:33 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
NFC
Packers
49ers
Dallas
Eagles
Lions
AFC
NE
Broncos
Houston
Steelers
KC

I'm basically picking almost everyone from last season only because the other teams who miss the play offs year in year out haven't done well in either FA or the draft and will maybe make the play offs some year by a chance.

Sucks that some of you have Seattle winning out, or AZ for the that matter.Really surprising since the 49ers have their defense still in tack from last season with adding some great talent in FA/Draft and should dominate the NFC west and easily win out.

On the AFC side of the ball It will be hard to see who runs the table there it will come down to NE and Pitt who have the best team IMO. Denver barely makes it again unless Manning comes back on fire and wins the north which he just might. All Denver has need now was a QB and the went and got Manning hopefully for them he lives up to the hype.

Super bowl

You only picked five teams per conference. I don't understand.
Old 05-05-2012, 09:34 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
Lawlz. People are underrating the Saints criminally. I love it.
Well I'm confident in our roster, as of now. However I'm not sure how this season will play out with all the distractions, and coaching staff changes.

I do think we'll struggle a bit at first adjusting to the Coaching changes, and player suspensions. We have some unproven DEs that need to step up, also don't forget we don't have Brees locked up to a long term deal yet, so I'm wary that he's going to be unhappy coming into the season.

Maybe we play ticked off with something to prove, and steamroll teams but I could also see Atlanta, and Tampa jumping ahead of us. The opposing NFC South teams have all improved their teams this off-season at least IMO. Could go either way.
Old 05-05-2012, 09:45 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well, now that the draft is over, let's predict who makes it to the playoffs this year.

It's like clockwork every year, there's typically 6 new playoff teams every year. So with that in mind, who's your 12 playoff teams?

AFC
New England
Buffalo
Pittsburgh
Denver
Houston
Kansas City

NFC
Green Bay
Chicago
Seattle
Tampa Bay
New York
Philadelphia

Call me crazy but I think the 49ers miss the playoffs. For 2 reasons.

1. They had an inordinate amount of turnovers on defense. That turnover ratio won't happen again.

2. I see them trying to transition to a more explosive offense. Randy Moss, Mario Manningham, Jenkins, LaMichael James, they just seem like they want more explosion on offense. Here's the problem with that: You need a qb who can make it work. And I do not think Alex Smith is that guy. I fear that they'll shy away from the running mentality they had this year and try to air it out more, and I think they'll fail at it.

Also, it's tough for new coaches to succeed in their 2nd year. You can get by with smoke and mirrors in your first year, nobody knows your style or your tendencies. But then in year 2, they figure it out. Now it's time to adjust.

I also think Seattle is has the pieces to steal the division. Arizona would have a chance if their qb situation wasn't so awful.
Talent was never the question before Jimbaugh got there. Its was always the coaching/FO that was holding us back. We're not going to change who we are because we decided to upgrade our WR corps. Jimbaugh is a Michigan alum. Played for Bo, a man which he has gone on record as saying has greatly infleunced him, from a philosophical standpoint . That's as much a part of his make-up as the WCO. He believes in physicality in the trenches and power running. Those things will still be the cornerstone of the offense. But we couldn't continue to keep grinding out games with defense, field position, and field goals. We needed to gain some more explosive elements on the outside. We had to create some match-up problems for defenses outside of our TEs.

The one thing your forgeting is the lock-out probably hindered us more than most ppl realize. We didnt have alot of our offense and defense installed. A full off-season to touch on the finer points of the scheme on both sides of the ball should only help us. Alex can only get better, the more tutledge he receives from Jimbaugh. Your right, our defense probably wont create that many turnovers again but they will be even better as a whole. We return all 11 starters from a unit that was in their first year in Fangio's scheme. We have playmakers everywhere on that side of the ball and they will continue to make plays. They will be better. We wont go 13-3 again. Our schedule is much tougher but I see us being a better overall team than last year's bunch. I see us and Seattle both making the playoffs.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 09:50 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As of right now

AFC
New England
Houston
Denver
Pittsburgh
Buffalo
Cincinnati

NFC
Eagles
49ers
Lions
Packers
Bears
Bucs

New playoffs in bold.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

Last edited by Brothgar : 05-06-2012 at 12:14 PM.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 10:51 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post
You only picked five teams per conference. I don't understand.
That's the only thing you don't understand from thawt post? I'm impressed.

The previous post seems like just a cluster of words that were half digested and then barfed onto the internet.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 03:00 AM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
NFC
Packers
49ers
Dallas
Eagles
Lions
AFC
NE
Broncos
Houston
Steelers
KC

Super bowl

Quote:
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote