Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-06-2012, 05:27 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We might if you import it in lol. I really may give PES 13 a go this season. Fifa has grown rather stale on me.

Duke Blue Devils
2010 National Champions!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 05:30 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lol I got my copy through steam, I just wondered in general if it had made it over there. I am just starting my 5th season as Shrewsbury Town now, it is so engrossing

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 05:52 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
meh. My roommate watches Mexican soccer all the ******* time and I have seen a ton of games, so I'm not talking out of my ass here. The quality of the play overall in the MLS is superior imo. "Destroys" was an overstatement and I did because Americans ***** about the MLS far too much and its stupid, so I apologize there.

I wish SuperLiga was still active, the MLS has gotten so much better in each of the past 5 seasons and I am confident you would see that quality shine through. The year-to-year growth has been really nice to watch.

And exhibitions....well, they dont count, sorry. Newcastle lost 6-0 to Leyton Orient before last season and most of our starters played and there are countless other results like that. They mean nothing other than getting fit.
The MLS has improved a lot recently, it's not the crappy league it was years ago. Yeah, it's a shame the SuperLiga was cancelled, it was fun to watch.

I agree that exhibitions suck though, haha, if they meant anything Barcelona wouldn't lose to Mexican teams every now and then.

Who does your roommate root for in Mexico? It's playoff time right now, "La Liguilla!"

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 05:55 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKfan View Post
Onto another subject, do you guys have Football Manager in the US? I have had pretty much an entire day playing it, absolutely love it :)
oh yes. got it through amazon for $5 a few weeks ago. fm is cocaine.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 05:59 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefalconer View Post
oh yes. got it through amazon for $5 a few weeks ago. fm is cocaine.
Haha it so is. I have played since about midday til about 10pm here today and it just flew by. Talking to people who don't own it they just give you this kinda look but it is completely enthralling signing a 17 year old Northern Irishman from Limerick for 40k and nurturing him into a Premiership worthy talent.

In 4 seasons I have take Shrewsbury Town from League 2 to the Championship, few more years and they will be in the Premiership!

Old 05-06-2012, 06:01 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I played FM11 a lot, but i found i couldn't play more than one season. I'd finish a long season and then get bored in the second one very soon after.

I must of played the first season with Newcastle about 4 times.

And then i bought FM12, but never really got into it. I love it though and will try to get into FM13 next year.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 06:03 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can I chime in real quick on how bush league it is that the EPL uses goal difference as its tiebreaker...like for the sake of all things right in the world just use head to head primarily. If it's a split then go to the GD and if that's also a wash then home & away records.

Duke Blue Devils
2010 National Champions!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 06:05 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
I played FM11 a lot, but i found i couldn't play more than one season. I'd finish a long season and then get bored in the second one very soon after.

I must of played the first season with Newcastle about 4 times.

And then i bought FM12, but never really got into it. I love it though and will try to get into FM13 next year.
I think you just need to get that one game that really grabs you, and I also find I dont like starting high up like with a Newcastle, the fun for me is taking a low team and seeing where you can go with it. My last long term game I went from AFC Telford, to Derby, then Anderlecht and finally Tottenham and won the Champions League. This time I am sticking with Shrewsbury and seeing how far i can take them :)

Old 05-06-2012, 06:07 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTPlaya21 View Post
Can I chime in real quick on how bush league it is that the EPL uses goal difference as its tiebreaker...like for the sake of all things right in the world just use head to head primarily. If it's a split then go to the GD and if that's also a wash then home & away records.
Eh I quite like GD, tie breakers rely on two games over the season, where there could have been devastating injuries to one side and so on, GD relies on you playing your hardest every game of the season and playing til the last minute rather than slacking off.

Old 05-06-2012, 06:09 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think you just need to get that one game that really grabs you, and I also find I dont like starting high up like with a Newcastle, the fun for me is taking a low team and seeing where you can go with it. My last long term game I went from AFC Telford, to Derby, then Anderlecht and finally Tottenham and won the Champions League. This time I am sticking with Shrewsbury and seeing how far i can take them :)
I loved the one on the Ipod touch!

I used to start off with a **** team in the conference north or something like that and build my way up, accepting better job offers etc etc.

But again, this year i never really got into it. I think i've just fallen out of love with football. Other than anything Newcastle related.

RIP themaninblack
Old 05-06-2012, 06:11 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Eh I quite like GD, tie breakers rely on two games over the season, where there could have been devastating injuries to one side and so on, GD relies on you playing your hardest every game of the season and playing til the last minute rather than slacking off.
I agree, goal difference is the best way to decide it. If you beat every team 5-0 you deserve the title more than a team that wins every game 1-0.

RIP themaninblack
Old 05-06-2012, 06:31 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Probably shouldn't be in spoiler's, but i'll put it in anyway. It has something (although very vague) to do with The Avengers.

RIP themaninblack
Old 05-06-2012, 09:04 PM    (permalink
Verloren
Veteran

Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I would always get pissed off at my board if I started low.

Took Leyton Orient up to Championship level, and had a few solid guys on the back end. I actually bought a LB from the US, and we were contending for a mid-table finish, much higher than projected relegation. Then the idiot board members sell him off at the mid-season transfer window for a paltry 5M pounds, when he was rated in game as 7M. Next season, he was rated as 16M. Free fall because of the sale, and got relegated.
Verloren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 10:11 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
yeah this is the beauty of the game. taking a minnow to the tops is awesome and worth every hour you spend on the game. i swear time accelerates when i play this game.
Old 05-07-2012, 12:34 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chelsea vs. PSG at Yankee Stadium on July 22.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 05:02 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And Wigan stays up by burying Blackburn! As many points in the past 10 games as they had in the first 27 with some absolutely ridiculous wins. Gotta love em.

Obviously I can't root for QPR this weekend, so I'll likely be rooting for Stoke to keep them up.

Not really sure who I'm rooting for in the battle for European play.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 05:11 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
And Wigan stays up by burying Blackburn! As many points in the past 10 games as they had in the first 27 with some absolutely ridiculous wins. Gotta love em.

Obviously I can't root for QPR this weekend, so I'll likely be rooting for Stoke to keep them up.

Not really sure who I'm rooting for in the battle for European play.
The team that just let you win the Premier League! :)

RIP themaninblack
Old 05-07-2012, 05:17 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
Who does your roommate root for in Mexico? It's playoff time right now, "La Liguilla!"
He is all about América.
Old 05-07-2012, 05:18 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He is all about América.
Set him on fire as he sleeps.
Old 05-07-2012, 05:19 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Santossssssssssss ftmfw

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 05:20 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I root for Guadalajara. It pisses him off and I have heard nothing but good things about the city.
Old 05-07-2012, 05:21 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tigres or bust.
Old 05-07-2012, 08:09 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I root for Guadalajara. It pisses him off and I have heard nothing but good things about the city.
if football manager is any accurate predictor of talent, erick torres and carlos fierro are gonna be world-beaters.

edit. damn, just noticed little pea played there originally. quite the youth program going there.
Old 05-07-2012, 08:10 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Torres = Chicharito 2.0

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 02:50 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

This football match, does. not. compute!