Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-05-2012, 04:19 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It made 81 million yesterday alone. If you don't have tickets by about 3pm, then most likely every showing will be sold out by then.
Old 05-05-2012, 06:59 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Who had to google the guy from the mid-credits scene? I had no idea who he was.
He is definitely a bigger problem than Loki.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Dude that was everyone in the theater with me last night outside of my friends. We all just sat there face palming. It certainly was an unfortunate event of taking away from my level of enjoyment watching the movie.
This is why I don't go opening night. Way too expensive for movies now and days, and too many fanboys during the big premiere of a movie like that.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Last edited by Ness : 05-05-2012 at 07:09 PM.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 07:05 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
"Who's more foolish: the fool, or the fool who follows him?"
Brent showcasing his profound wisdom as per usual.

Quote:
Old 05-05-2012, 07:06 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Black women are really loud during movies, if that is racist then so be it. I had Ratatouille ruined because some black woman wouldn't shut the **** up during it, and no one would say anything because her boyfriend was like 6'4 250.
You should have still asked her to be quiet. If she has a problem go get the manager.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Mobile View Post
Is it gonna be alright to see the Avengers if you haven't seen Thor yet? My parents really want to see it but they both didn't watch Thor.
Probably not. My buddy that went with us didn't see Thor either. She was a little confused at certain parts of the movie concerning Thor, and references to the first film, but overall it wasn't an issue. But she did have this to say when someone else virtually asked the same question about seeing the previous installments:

Quote:
I think you could get away without really watching Captain America (though it's a good movie, so you should see it anyway!) but I never got to see Thor and I feel like I really should have in order to understand a major plot device and why it was so important. Plus one of the major villains is from Thor. My recommendation is to rent both and watch them before you see Avengers.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 05-05-2012 at 07:31 PM.
Old 05-05-2012, 07:12 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

I was never really a big Captain America fan before, but seeing the last few Marvel films, I'm starting to grow on him. Maybe I'll check out some of his exploits in the comics.

I wonder if any more additions will be made to the cast for the next film. I'd like to see Hank Pym, Black Panther, or Vision. Just watch Blade make an appearance once Snipes is out of jail.

Someone asked an interesting question and that is where was War Machine during this crisis? We already know he exists in the same universe.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 05-05-2012 at 07:46 PM.
Old 05-05-2012, 07:17 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 05-05-2012, 11:38 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Avengers was really everything I could hope for and more. What a stellar job by Whedon. Instantly one of my favorite movies, and definitely my favorite comic book movie. After reading comic books my entire life, that just fulfilled so many dreams of my youth.

"Puny god."

Best part of the entire movie.

Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 12:39 AM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i liiked pirates II regenge of stagnetti

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 12:53 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
i liiked pirates II regenge of stagnetti
The first one was totally better. We need a ******* III already.
Old 05-06-2012, 07:20 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Brent showcasing his profound wisdom as per usual.
it was Star Wars Day, I had to watch the trilogy.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 12:33 PM    (permalink
ryno626
Rookie

ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wish they would've kept the original Captain America uniform instead of the new one and I wonder what kind of capital it would take to get the rest of the movie franchises under Disney. Usually when
shows up it takes the combined effort of the Marvel Universe to defeat him.
ryno626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 12:44 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryno626 View Post
I wish they would've kept the original Captain America uniform instead of the new one and I wonder what kind of capital it would take to get the rest of the movie franchises under Disney. Usually when
shows up it takes the combined effort of the Marvel Universe to defeat him.
Well I can't imagine Sony ever gives up the Spiderman franchise, it's gold. The odds of him interacting with the Avengers is nil, IMO. Same goes for the X-Men, Fox will never allow the rights to revert back to Marvel/Disney.

Apparently Daredevil and the Fantastic Four are two franchise Marvel is working hard to get back. Both are on timed deals from what I understand, wherein the studios have to produce a movie by a certain year or the rights revert back to Marvel studios. If both franchises aren't rebooted soon, we could see Marvel getting those characters back into their own fold. Not that I really care about either, and I thought The Avengers worked spectacularly as it was, but I think those are some legitimate options.
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
Old 05-07-2012, 12:50 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would love to see them take on Dr. Doom in the future. They did a real bad job with him in the Fantastic 4 franchise in my opinion. He might be in Iron Man 3 though so we'll see.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 12:51 PM    (permalink
jojo
Rookie

jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Avengers broke the rcd. & posted biggest opening weekend in history.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/movi...alo-movie.html

Whedon the 3rd-generatrion screenwriter has the midas touch!
jojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 12:52 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As cool as it would be to get some more heros into the next avengers, I think I would be happy if they just kept the current line up in or made minimal additions to the team as is. I would rather focus on these characters developing stronger relationships with each other than just adding in a bunch of new characters.

Also, I completely agree that Doom being a villain would be so kick ass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 12:57 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:
As cool as it would be to get some more heros into the next avengers, I think I would be happy if they just kept the current line up in or made minimal additions to the team as is. I would rather focus on these characters developing stronger relationships with each other than just adding in a bunch of new characters.

Also, I completely agree that Doom being a villain would be so kick ass.
I think they've set themselves up pretty well for the villain in The Avengers 2, whenever we see it. Personally, I thought the story moved in that direction so well, and when I saw what was in the credits scene, the comic book ***** inside me pretty much exploded from happiness.
Quote:
Old 05-07-2012, 01:00 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Was the guy in the first credits scene not a villain(or was that Dr.Doom)?

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 01:01 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
I think they've set themselves up pretty well for the villain in The Avengers 2, whenever we see it. Personally, I thought the story moved in that direction so well, and when I saw what was in the credits scene, the comic book ***** inside me pretty much exploded from happiness.
Can you give a brief synopsis of
for those of us who didn't grow up reading comics?

Steddy Ambition!
Old 05-07-2012, 01:04 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
Was the guy in the first credits scene not a villain(or was that Dr.Doom)?
That was not Dr. Doom. I got real excited at first cause I though they flashed his mask but that was another villain named

Steddy Ambition!
Old 05-07-2012, 01:06 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 05-07-2012, 01:08 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Also just some of my initial thoughts on some particular scenes towards the end of the film

Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-07-2012, 01:10 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Based off of these last few pages, I should definitely go see the Avengers, even though I not a comic book fanboy.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 01:16 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It will be interesting to see how they proceed with the next movies, and if they do any individual Ironman/Thor/Hulk/Captain America movies in between. There is serious potential here for the most epic overarching storyline ever.

There's been a clear line drawn between the big guns (Iron Man, Thor, and Hulk) and the little guns (Captain America, Hawkeye, Black Widow). And then there is some bleeding of the edges, like with Cap having a couple toes on the big gun side and all three of the little guns being more closely-tied to SHIELD rather than being independent contractors of destruction.

I think there's potential for a "Cap'n America gets stronger" side plot, or even a 2nd Cap movie. Like say he's battling a villian, really struggling, and Iron Man swoops in and easily (and sarcastically) takes the bad guy down. Out of frustration with his lesser powers Cap makes a deal with some fringe nutcase scientist that increases his power, but at a cost. So he faces a decision to become more capable but lose who he is. Something like that.

I just hope Whedon sticks with it for the next Avenger movies.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 01:17 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Also just some of my initial thoughts on some particular scenes towards the end of the film
Quote:
Old 05-07-2012, 01:21 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
Based off of these last few pages, I should definitely go see the Avengers, even though I not a comic book fanboy.
It's one of the best movies I've seen in a very long time. Easily one of the best "blockbuster" type movies I've ever seen, and more enjoyable then anything in recent memory save something like Scott Pilgrim.

Quote:
It will be interesting to see how they proceed with the next movies, and if they do any individual Ironman/Thor/Hulk/Captain America movies in between. There is serious potential here for the most epic overarching storyline ever.

There's been a clear line drawn between the big guns (Iron Man, Thor, and Hulk) and the little guns (Captain America, Hawkeye, Black Widow). And then there is some bleeding of the edges, like with Cap having a couple toes on the big gun side and all three of the little guns being more closely-tied to SHIELD rather than being independent contractors of destruction.

I think there's potential for a "Cap'n America gets stronger" side plot, or even a 2nd Cap movie. Like say he's battling a villian, really struggling, and Iron Man swoops in and easily (and sarcastically) takes the bad guy down. Out of frustration with his lesser powers Cap makes a deal with some fringe nutcase scientist that increases his power, but at a cost. So he faces a decision to become more capable but lose who he is. Something like that.

I just hope Whedon sticks with it for the next Avenger movies.
Captain America 2, Iron Man 3, and Thor 2 have all been confirmed for before another Avengers movie. Captain America 2 is supposedly focusing on his struggles fitting into the modern world, with a ton of flashbacks and the Winter Soldier storyline worked in there somewhere. Iron Man 3 already has Ben Kingsley as the villain and Guy Pearce as a scientist working with Tony Stark and will focus on the Extremis storyline (Basically, nanobots). Thor 2 is pretty vague at the moment, but supposedly it's going to focus on his relationship with Jane Foster and I can only assume that it will have a ton to do with the more cosmic storylines developed in The Avengers.
Quote: