Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 05-07-2012, 08:02 AM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Prospect of the Day: Manti Te'o, ILB, Notre Dame

LB Manti Te'o, Notre Dame

#5 - 6'2 – 255 lbs. – 21 years old

The best inside linebacker prospect right now. Big guy, a hammer in the middle.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 08:17 AM    (permalink
Bixby (Thumper)
Rookie

Location: "Everybody sounds like Meryl Streep with a gun to their head."
Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Meh. Watched him pretty intensely this past year along with Luke Kuechly and Vontaze because the Eagles needed a MLB. I think Te'o was pretty clearly behind Kuechly. Te'o struggles to break down in space and make the tackle. Linear athlete. He's a big, downhill thumper type that can really explode into contact but I think he's pretty overrated as an athlete right now. He'll start in the NFL, don't get me wrong. I just don't think he's the super stud some make him out to be. Who remembers Edgerton Hartwell? Thats who Te'o reminds me of.

Last edited by Bixby (Thumper) : 05-07-2012 at 08:23 AM.
Bixby (Thumper) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 08:23 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hes so dreamy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 09:16 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Very early in the process, I think Teo-to-Chicago is the best prospect fit I can think of which means it's not going to happen. but I would be quite satisfied if it did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 09:22 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love him. I hope he's a Steeler if Sly doesn't work out.
Old 05-07-2012, 09:27 AM    (permalink
jojo
Rookie

jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
Very early in the process, I think Teo-to-Chicago is the best prospect fit I can think of which means it's not going to happen. but I would be quite satisfied if it did.
Good link there rylie, in that Notre Dame recruits heavily from Chicago with their huge fanbase there. The Bears need a young healthy LB in the box since they're moving Urlacher, the injuries have caught up to him, all over in coverage schemes.

I remember him highly touted coming out of HS, the #1 ranked ILB in the nation. He had arthroscopic surgery before last season & recorded an impressive 133 tackles the yr. before.
jojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 09:40 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
I love him. I hope he's a Steeler if Sly doesn't work out.
You love every linebacker prospect like ever lol.
Old 05-07-2012, 10:26 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
You love every linebacker prospect like ever lol.
I didn't like the Spence pick at first.....lol
Old 05-07-2012, 01:13 PM    (permalink
ChiefMojo
Rookie

ChiefMojo hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think he would be a great as a thumper type in a 3-4 team like a Kansas City, Pittsburgh, Indy, Baltimore or even New England.

Manti is probably a 15-25 guy in the 1st round imo. The only other two ILB that fits the 3-4 that could push him is Shayne Skov from Stanford and Kevin Reddick from North Carolina. With that said Skov has a prior DUI and a knee injury to overcome probably in some scouts eyes. The talent and size is there for Skov. Reddick also has the size/athletic ability and is a good all-around LB.

I also like Arthur Brown out of Kansas State but I think his size is going to limit him in some schemes as he is probably 6'1", 230 pounds right now. Brown is more of a sideline to sideline WILB that does not fit the SILB thumper role.

My early top 5 ILB's has Manti Te'o at the top...

1) Manti Te'o - 6'2", 255-pounds Notre Dame
2) Shayne Skov - 6'3", 250-pounds Stanford
3) Arthur Brown - 6'1", 230-pounds Kansas State
4) Kevin Reddick - 6'3", 240-pounds North Carolina
5) Alec Ogletree - 6'3", 240-pounds Georgia

Last edited by ChiefMojo : 05-07-2012 at 03:05 PM.
ChiefMojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 02:09 PM    (permalink
gator3guy
Veteran

gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At early glance, it looks like the 2012 class had better pure LB's but the 2013 class has much better pass rushers (potentially of course).
gator3guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 02:17 PM    (permalink
ChiefMojo
Rookie

ChiefMojo hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Could very well be the case. Very early on I see only two 1st round ILB's in Te'o and Skov. That is similar to this year where you had Kuechly and Hightower. Reddick will have a legit shot at the 1st round and Ogletree will have a outside chance. Brown has the ability but his size will keep him out of the 1st round for sure.

Last edited by ChiefMojo : 05-07-2012 at 03:06 PM.
ChiefMojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 03:29 AM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Same build and style as Davis Harris...2nd round guy but a good player.
Old 01-08-2013, 07:34 AM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There hasn't been much talk about Te'o here of late but it's been widely accepted that he's a top 10 prospect. That championship game performance might dead all that. He struggled facing the best front seven he's seen this season. Imo he was slow to read and disengage, a step late sideline to sideline, missing tackles and basically a non factor in coverage. So... how much did that performance affect his stock?

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:38 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not sure one bad game can really hurt your stock. There are many reasons why a bad game can happen, especially considering these guys hadn't played a meaningful game in a month. These types of things will be taken into consideration.

It will bring up questions, however I'm not sure it will hurt him too badly.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:12 AM    (permalink
CollegeFan
Rookie

CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

His stock dropped a bit last night...couldnt tackle Lacy. Had trouble shedding blocks. Is he really 255 lbs? Doesn't look it.
CollegeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:20 AM    (permalink
MI_Buckeye
Veteran

MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I never really thought that highly of him, and tonight shows why.

He flourished this year playing behind a D line that kept him completely clean. When he finally had to play in the briar patch, he struggled mightily. He might have had seven interceptions this year, but watching every ND game, those all seemed like big flukes. Every pick was either thrown right at him by an incompetent QB (cough, Denard, cough) or came off a tip. I still view his coverage skills as average.

The way I see it, he's not really a thumper or an outstanding athlete. I don't think he's anywhere near as good as Patrick Willis or Luke Kuechly were coming out. I think he's still a first rounder, but the luster is definitely off.
MI_Buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:06 AM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fans that saw him on TV last night have decided his stock is down based off that one game. The same thing happened with UGA defenders after the SEC Championship Game. I have a hard time believing NFL teams are going to make major changes to how they view a 4 year player based on one game against a dominant offense.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:32 AM    (permalink
bornnraisedwhodat
Rookie

bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He looks to struggle shedding blocks, he'll get his lunch taken in the NFL if he keeps that up.
bornnraisedwhodat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:35 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Te'o's stock is only "down" after last night because it was unfairly built up too high in the first place. Te'o is still a very good prospect, but he isn't a top ten prospect and never should've been billed as one.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:39 AM    (permalink
Roddoliver
Rookie

Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The BCS Championship was not an outlier. The other videos show that Te'o can struggle to shed blocks and he takes bad angles. He is not a technician like Luke Kuechly, and apparently he also does not have the same range and sideline-to-sideline motor. Te'o is a "thumper", he relies too much on physical strength and does not have active hands to disengage. The technical issues can be corrected by NFL coaches. Even though he is not an amazing athlete, he is athletic enough to play MLB. I still think Te'o has more awareness and range than Kevin Minter.
Roddoliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:57 AM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It was just one game... But a thumper is supposed to be suited for stopping exactly that type of offense.

I don't think he's a three down linebacker. I think he has to play in the 3-4 to have success.
Old 01-08-2013, 10:11 AM    (permalink
KaneMarko
Veteran

KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
Te'o's stock is only "down" after last night because it was unfairly built up too high in the first place. Te'o is still a very good prospect, but he isn't a top ten prospect and never should've been billed as one.
Basically.

There were a good number of Chiefs fans wanting Te'o with the #1 pick. I never really got it. Even before last night. Kid has a good future. He has a fairly high floor. I just didn't understand all the hype and didn't see how one could rationalize him at #1 overall. But, that's just me.
KaneMarko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:31 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
This is very important to consider. Mid- to late-teens pick maybe?

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:22 AM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutDwn View Post
It was just one game... But a thumper is supposed to be suited for stopping exactly that type of offense.

I don't think he's a three down linebacker. I think he has to play in the 3-4 to have success.
Good player but probably not quite as good as a Luke Kuechly, you might agree.

A step slow last night but as far as sheding blocks most linebackers have trouble with that. Blame the ND d-line for some of that.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:37 AM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I never understood why he was so highly regarded. I mean, top 5 pick? Top 10? No way to me.
Like someone else mentioned, his INT number is a fluke. Is he a good prospect? Yeah, he most definitely is, but people basically saying he's the best MLB prospect in awhile/top 5 pick stuff was just mindblowing to me.

I always thought he'd be a mid 1st rounder, and thats where he probably will go. Maybe late 1st after that horrible showing.
jth1331 is offline   Reply With Quote