Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 05-07-2012, 03:18 PM    (permalink
ChiefMojo
Rookie

ChiefMojo hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Top ILB for 2013 Draft

Here is my top 5 and then some others to keep a eye on...

1) Manti Te'o - 6'2", 255-pounds Notre Dame
2) Shayne Skov - 6'3", 250-pounds Stanford
3) Arthur Brown - 6'1", 230-pounds Kansas State
4) Kevin Reddick - 6'3", 240-pounds North Carolina
5) Alec Ogletree - 6'3", 240-pounds Georgia

Others: Chris Borland (Wisconsin), Bruce Taylor (Virginia Tech), Michael Mauti (Penn State), Patrick Larimore (UCLA), Kenny Demens (Michigan) and A.J. Klein (Iowa State)
ChiefMojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 03:22 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For a 3-4, I'll take Skov all the way. If I were running a 4-3, it would be Arthur Brown though.

Need to see if Mauti lost any athleticism from that knee injury but he's back healthy, him and Gerald Hodges should both be early round LBs from Linebacker U.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 03:23 PM    (permalink
ChiefMojo
Rookie

Skov falls into the same issue as Te'o with the knee injury department. If those two come back nearly 100%, they should be at the top of the ILB draft boards if I were to guess. I actually like this years ILB crop better overall then this past drafts.
Old 05-07-2012, 04:48 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brown is undersized and Ogeltree is a straight boss! He is number 2 or 3. Also, what about both Alabama ILBs? Mosley and Johnson are both top 50 picks. My top 5:
1. Te'o
2. Ogeltree
3. Johnson
4. Skov
5. Mosley

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 05:14 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alec Ogletree is going to be such a beast in the NFL. There are going to be so many defensive players taken high next year between LSU, Bama, and Georgia.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 05:37 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Manti Te'o is certainly my top inside linebacker right now, but I also like Kevin Reddick, who reminds me of Bruce Carter.
Old 05-07-2012, 05:46 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Te'o is definitely tops. He proved last year that he is a complete linebacker who can play in any system and stay on the field on 3rd downs. I like Reddick a lot, though he is a very versatile guy who can play all 3 linebacker spots and isn't a true MIKE. Arthur Brown is a guy that nobody is talking about who is the closest thing to next year's Kuechly as a slightly smallish but fast MIKE who is great in zone coverage with the instincts and open field tackling ability that will cause him to be a high pick despite his size. I like Ogeltree a bit, though I feel he is a little overrated as well.
Old 05-07-2012, 06:03 PM    (permalink
ChiefMojo
Rookie

I think some undervalue Arthur Brown because they just look at his size. I would assume by the time he is ready to for the combine he will be around 240-pounds. He isn't a 3-4 guy but a 4-3 MLB. He can bring the thunder but what makes him so special is his ability to run sideline to sideline very quickly but also do well in zone coverage. His athletic ability allows him to stay with smaller quicker players in coverage.

The reason I don't have Ogeltree rated higher is only due to the fact I'm not completely sure what position he is when it comes to LB? Reddick is much the same way. They could play OLB or ILB. For the inside, Ogeltree definitely needs to continue to bulk up when it comes to the NFL. I know he came into Georgia as a FS and progressed size wise from. Once he does bulk up more, he will be a beast!

Last edited by ChiefMojo : 05-07-2012 at 06:07 PM.
Old 05-07-2012, 06:57 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Teo and Skov if he comes back from his injury. A few posters also mentioned that Kiko Alonso kid from Oregon. He impressed me in the rose bowl and really is a specimen from a physical standpoint (seems like he is dumb as a box of rocks though). If he can keep his act together and stay out of trouble and have a strong senior season he should be one of the top 5 ILBs drafted.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 07:27 AM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Agreed with the others, Ogletree is easy #2, not even close. Could argue with a great year he is #1.
Old 05-08-2012, 07:36 AM    (permalink
Dangermouse
Rookie

Dangermouse is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dangermouse is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dangermouse is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dangermouse is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dangermouse is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dangermouse is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dangermouse is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dangermouse is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dangermouse is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dangermouse is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dangermouse is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Te'o, he'd have been my top linebacker prospect ahead of Dont'a Hightower had he come out this year.
Dangermouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 07:38 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree that Te'o is clearly #1 but IMO, Reddick is a clear #2 at this point and C.J. Mosley is #3 with the potential to move up as Alabama depends on him quite a bit more this coming season.
Old 05-08-2012, 08:10 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It pains me to give any kind of props to a KStater, but Arthur Browns a player. He won't be drafted 1st round but he will make some team very happy in the 2nd.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 11:37 PM    (permalink
ChiefMojo
Rookie

Very true, Brown likely won't be drafted in the 1st due to his overall size but his athletic ability and play making ability from the MLB position is top notch.