Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-07-2012, 08:56 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default What does your team's nickel defense look like?

With the ever more importance of the nickel defense in today's NFL, do a depth chart projection for what you envision your team doing in a 4-2-5 and a 3-3-5 formation. I think this would stir a solid discussion. Go for it!
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 09:07 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LE - Ahmad Brooks
DT - Ray McDonald
DT - Justin Smith
RE - Aldon Smith
LB - NaVorro Bowman
LB - Patrick Willis
LCB - Carlos Rogers
NKB - Chris Culliver
RCB - Tarell Brown
FS - Dashon Goldson
SS - Donte Whitner

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 09:13 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I had my guess...

LE: Hightower/Ninkovich
DT: Fanene
DT: Wilfork
RE: C. Jones/T. Scott
LB: Mayo
LB: Fletcher
CB: McCourty
CB: Arrington
CB: Dowling
S: Chung
S: Gregory

I'd also look for Jake Bequette to get some looks early. We've lined up in so many different types of fronts, especially on passing downs, that it is hard to project but my best guess would be some formation of that personnel.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 09:21 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When the Bears go nickel, it's always 4-2-5, usually with these personnel:

LE Israel Idonije
NT Matt Toeiana
UT Henry Melton
RE Julius Peppers
WLB Lance Briggs
MLB Brian Urlacher
CB1 Charles Tillman
CB2 Tim Jennings
CB3 DJ Moore
FS Chris Conte
SS Major Wright

Theoretically, Shea McClellin is an every-down LE (), so I guess Idonije is out.

Major Wright sucks and has always been outperformed by Craig Steltz. I have no idea who gets that strong safety job. Maybe Hardin shocks everyone right out of the gate. Maybe they come to their senses and let Steltz play. Maybe they keep trotting Wright out there no matter how badly he fails (that's the typical Lovie Smith way of doing things).

If he's not a bust, Paea should beat out Toeiana for the lion's share of the snaps in the NT rotation...but I think he's going to be forced into UT, since they haven't replaced Okoye and Melton would lose his effectiveness if he's trying to play 1000 snaps a season.

Other than LE, SS, and NT, we have good personnel at every spot, so nothing else should see turnover.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 09:24 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Henry Melton is going to be a force this year I think, so much physical ability and I think he's finally found a role/position where he can use his crazy talents properly.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 09:24 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hard to predict with so many new comers on defense.

If I had to guess right now:

LE: Derrick Morgan
DT: Karl Klug
DT: Mike Martin
RE: Kamerion Wimbley
LB: Colin McCarthy
LB: Zach Brown
CB: Tommie Campbell
CB: Jason McCourty
NB: Alterraun Verner
S: Jordan Babineaux
S: Michael Griffin

I'm hoping Tommie Campbell shows enough to warrant taking over outside in NB situations and having Verner slide inside.

Also, Akeem Ayers could be a player at LB or DE. I hope Brown can help in the nickel, but Witherspoon may be there

Last edited by mightytitan9 : 05-08-2012 at 12:11 AM.
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 09:52 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Packers play mostly Nickel, likely upwards of 80% of Defensive snaps this upcoming season, with a 2-4-5 alignment loosely based on a 3-4.

We usually line our DTs up as 2 or 3 techniques with the focus being on penetrating the backfield. Then we bring additional pressure mainly from the OLBs but also plenty of blitzes from one of the ILBs and the slot corner, who typically is more of a freelancing safety/corner/linebacker hybrid.

We focused on improving the talent to run this scheme in the draft and our likely depth chart looks like this.

LOLB: Nick Perry
DT: Jerel Worthy
DT:B.J Raji
ROLB: Clay Matthews
ILB: D.J. Smith
ILB: Desmond Bishop
CB: Sam Shields
CB: Tramon Williams
Slot CB: Casey Heyward
SS: Charles Woodson
FS: Morgan Burnett

The question marks on here would be one of the ILBs (position battle between A.J. Hawk/D.J. Smith and Terrell Manning) and whether we keep Woodson as our slot corner or move him to safety and plug in one of Casey Heyward/Devon House/Jarrett Bush. The rest of the depth chart is basically set, barring a huge disappointment by Worthy or Shields in the preseason.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 09:56 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
Hard to predict with so many new comers on defense.

If I had to guess right now:

LE: Derrick Morgan
DT: Karl Klug
DT: Mike Martin
RE: Kamerion Wimbley
LB: Colin McCarthy
LB: Zach Brown
CB: Tommie Campbell
CB: Jason McCourty
NB: Alterraun Verner
S: Jonathan Babineaux
S: Michael Griffin

I'm hoping Tommie Campbell shows enough to warrant taking over outside in NB situations and having Verner slide inside.

Also, Akeem Ayers could be a player at LB or DE. I hope Brown can help in the nickel, but Witherspoon may be there
I hope not...

And here's the best:

DE: Chris Clemons
DT: Jason Jones
DT: Brandon Mebane
DE: Bruce Irvin
LB: LeRoy Hill/Barrett Ruud/Bobby Wagner
LB: K.J. Wright
CB: Richard Sherman
CB: Brandon Browner
NB: Marcus Trufant
FS: Earl Thomas
SS: Kam Chancellor
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 10:03 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DE: John Abraham
DT: Jonathan Babineaux
DT: Corey Peters
DE: Ray Edwards / Kroy Bierman
LB: Sean Weatherspoon
LB: Stephen Nicholas
CB: Asante Samuel
CB: Brent Grimes
NB: Dunta Robinson
FS: Thomas DeCoud
SS: William Moore
Old 05-07-2012, 10:03 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DE: Jason Pierre-Paul
DT: Chris Canty
DT: Linval Joseph
DE: Justin Tuck
LB: Jacquain Williams
LB: Michael Boley
CB: Corey Webster
CB: Prince Amukamara
CB/S: Terrell Thomas
S: Kenny Phillips
S: Antrel Rolle

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 10:07 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
Henry Melton is going to be a force this year I think, so much physical ability and I think he's finally found a role/position where he can use his crazy talents properly.
He's actually already a force. 7th-most QB pressures of all DTs last season. It's just going to take some time for people to recognize it.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 10:15 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going to guess:

LE: Jonathan Fanene
UT: Myron Pryor
NT: Vince Wilfork
RE: Chandler Jones
WB: Jerod Mayo
SB: Dont'a Hightower
LCB: Devin McCourty
FS: Steve Gregory
SS: Patrick Chung
NCB: Kyle Arrington
RCB: Ras-I Dowling
Old 05-07-2012, 10:27 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DE-Suggs(I know he is hurt but if he was healthy)
DT-Ngata
DT-Pernell McPhee(This guy is a complete beast watch out for him in the future.)
DE-Paul kruger
LB-Jameel McClain
LB-Ray Lewis
CB-Lardarius Webb
CB-Jimmy Smith
CB-Cary Williams
FS-Ed Reed
SS-Bernard Pollard

That secondary is sick. The pass rush should be pretty good too if Suggs is healthy the latter part of the season. But man our LBs will be hurt in coverage.
Old 05-07-2012, 10:29 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN View Post
good lord I just popped a chub
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 10:35 PM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
DE-Suggs(I know he is hurt but if he was healthy)
DT-Ngata
DT-Pernell McPhee(This guy is a complete beast watch out for him in the future.)
DE-Paul kruger
LB-Jameel McClain
LB-Ray Lewis
CB-Lardarius Webb
CB-Jimmy Smith
CB-Cary Williams
FS-Ed Reed
SS-Bernard Pollard

That secondary is sick. The pass rush should be pretty good too if Suggs is healthy the latter part of the season. But man our LBs will be hurt in coverage.
Are we gonna go Upshaw with Suggs out?

Compliments of TACKLE

Gamertag/PSN: theboywonder44
TheBoyWonder22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 10:55 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

UT Darnell Dockett
NT David Carter
LE Calais Campbell
ROLB O'Brien Schofield
MLB Daryl Washington
LOLB Sam Acho
CB Patrick Peterson
FS Kerry Rhodes
SS Adrian Wilson
NS Rashad Johnson
CB Jamell Fleming/Greg Toler

it's basically Rhodes at SS, Johnson at FS and Wilson as a Rover

Last edited by fenikz : 05-07-2012 at 10:57 PM.
fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 11:21 PM    (permalink
Bixby (Thumper)
Rookie

Location: "Everybody sounds like Meryl Streep with a gun to their head."
Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

RE - Cole
NT - Jenkins
UT - Cox
RE - Babin
LB - Brian Rolle
LB - Casey Matthews
CB - Nnamdi Asomugha
CB - Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie
CB - Joselio Hanson / Brandon Boykin
FS - Nate Allen
SS - Kurt Coleman / Jaiquawn Jarrett
Bixby (Thumper) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 11:24 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoyWonder22 View Post
Are we gonna go Upshaw with Suggs out?
I think its an open battle between Kindle/Upshaw/McCLlean for the spot opposite for Kruger. I think Kruger will get that spot he did get I believe 5.5 or 6.5 sacks as a situational rusher. I love how we have 4 young OLBs it should create a ton of competition for the starting spots.
Old 05-07-2012, 11:39 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

RE Peppers
UT Melton
DT Paea
LE McClellin
LB Briggs
LB Urlacher
RC Tillman
LC Jennings
NC Moore
FS Conte
SS Wright

Pretty faptastic if you ask me.
Old 05-07-2012, 11:47 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vikings generally go 4-2-5: with Greenway and Erin Henderson staying in at LB, but every once in a while last year, they would go 3-3-5 with Everson Griffen standing up at LB replacing a DT. There are too many question marks with who will be starting at NT, SS, and NB, among other competitions that could change the likely starter that I won't list the lineup.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 12:12 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I hope not...

And here's the best:
LOL I noticed that after I sent it, it has been corrected
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 12:13 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

surprised to see only AZ runs a 3 safety nickle

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 12:15 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN View Post
And that's just our base nickel with no Osi, no Kiwi and no Austin on the field.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
The giants did with Grant and TT will likely play a lot of safety when we go into the nickel this year

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Last edited by Rosebud : 05-08-2012 at 12:19 AM.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 12:27 AM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
How's that surprising? You never really want to run a three safety set unless you're going prevent against a Hail Mary. Ideally you have three good corners you can throw out there. Not many teams actually have three good corners, so if your backup safety is that much better than your nickel corner it's worth a shot. It's something you want to avoid if possible though.
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 02:54 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tough to do right now for the Bengals but here's my best guess:

DE- Micheal Johnson/Derrick Harvey
DT- Geno Atkins/Devon Still/Brandon Thompson
DT- Domata Peko/Pat Sims/Jamaal Anderson
DE- Carlos Dunlap/Robert Geathers

LB- Thomas Howard/Manny Lawson
LB- Rey Maualuga/Manny Lawson

NC- Adam Jones/Terrence Newman/Nate Clements/Brandon Ghee
CB1- Leon Hall/Terrence Newman/Brandon Ghee
CB2- Dre Kirkpatrick/Nate Clements/Adam Jones

FS- Reggie Nelson/Robert Sands
SS- Taylor Mays/Robert Sands/George Iloka

We used to run a bit of a 3 safety alignment with Crocker in there playing CB/S at times. I could see us using Nate Clements, Terrence Newman, or even Dre Kirkpatrick in that role. Really depends on how this training camp shakes out as far as who ends up being the #2(Dre hopefully), if Leon is back 100%, and who even makes the team. I could see Ghee, Newman, Clements, or Pac Man getting cut this offseason. CB is going to be a pretty interesting battle to follow.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote