Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-05-2012, 03:59 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloopy View Post
You don't want to know, but he got the ban hammer after an ill advised bet on one of his ridiculous predictions.
Wait, was that the guy who guaranteed the Giants wouldn't make the playoffs? I remember that dunce!

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 04:00 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alex View Post
Wait, was that the guy who guaranteed the Giants wouldn't make the playoffs? I remember that dunce!
Yea that moron.

GIants and Bears won't win a playoff game.

Then came back when Cutler went down and said "My prediction looks good right now"

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 04:02 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50154

Point and laugh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 05:15 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I miss JBCX, watching him make the giants are just lucky argument until he had a complete breakdown would've been hilarious. You'll always be in my sig buddy!

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 03:00 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 06:47 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
PFF is good if you're able to take it with a grain of salt. Take it for what it is, another method to evaluate players. But that's all it is. It can help you evaluate guys, but it shouldn't be the be all end all of player evaluation.

This list isn't that bad, based off production from 2011 it's pretty accurate. Their oline evaluations are actually their best ones, but overall I'm not a huge PFF fan.

Bc they focus too much on production and not enough on circumstances. But if you're able to take them for what they are, and use it as a tool and nothing more, then they're tolerable.
Stafford's stats put him at 81 in 2011. Please, there is no accuracy here, none as far as I can see. These rankings are a joke IMO with zero credibility.
Old 05-08-2012, 08:10 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
Stafford's stats put him at 81 in 2011. Please, there is no accuracy here, none as far as I can see. These rankings are a joke IMO with zero credibility.
Eh. He threw for a lot of yards. He also threw it a billion times. I love Stafford and think he had an incredible year, but I can see how he can be lower on a list depending on what type of statistical criteria was used.
Old 05-08-2012, 08:45 AM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Eh. He threw for a lot of yards. He also threw it a billion times. I love Stafford and think he had an incredible year, but I can see how he can be lower on a list depending on what type of statistical criteria was used.
QB might be one of their most convoluted metric systems.

With DB having the most convoluted thought process behind it.

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Miller is visual sex on the field.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 01:25 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
40 TD's isn't chicken soup in any study of NFL QB's, I can see zero justification under any formula for listing him at #81. It is totally absurd.
Old 05-10-2012, 01:59 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
For quarterbacks, every single snap is graded. If Calvin Johnson is wide open and makes some leaping catch, Stafford gets a score of 0. If he hits an uncovered Nate Burleson on a 12 yard comeback, that's a score of zero. If Stafford chucks it into double coverage and Calvin Johnson turns what looks like an interception into a TD, Stafford still gets a score of zero. If Stafford gets seven seconds to throw, it's probably going to be a score of zero, unless something wacky is going on. You don't get a positive grade unless you did something an average QB couldn't do and you don't get a negative grade unless you do something that negatively impacts the play.

What PFF (and everyone else) saw when watching every pass attempt the guy made this season is that amazing throws were not the norm for him. He was put in a position that made it easy to succeed, and he did.

Basically,

a) Calvin Johnson turned a lot of sloppy passes into highlight reel catches
b) Stafford had longer than the league average to throw
c) He hit a lot of wide open guys not named "Calvin Johnson" because they had weaker defenders on them in single coverage

Sure, he made some great throws. That's why he got on the list. That's why he had the seventh-best QB score of 2011. He was a good QB and had an excellent season; he just wasn't the top ten overall player that people who can't see beyond the counting stats (omg 40 TDs and a bajillion yardz) think.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled flamefest.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 07:33 AM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The book on Evan Mathis when he was in Carolina was that he's insanely strong, but had poor technique and focus

I find it kind of funny that Eagles fans are claiming the exact opposite
Old 05-17-2012, 06:03 AM    (permalink
Token
Rookie

Token is a cocksman.Token is a cocksman.Token is a cocksman.Token is a cocksman.Token is a cocksman.

Wrong thread, sorry.

Last edited by Token : 05-17-2012 at 06:28 AM.
Token is offline   Reply With Quote