Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-12-2007, 03:56 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Edgerrin James: Minor Knee Surgery

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...e&type=fantasy

RotoWire.com Staff - RotoWire.com
Thursday, April 12, 2007

Update: James underwent minor knee surgery this offseason and might be limited during this weekend's voluntary minicamp, according to the Arizona Republic.

Recommendation: Details of the surgery are sketchy, but the procedure was reportedly minor and related to swelling that James experienced after last season. James should be 100 percent well before this summer's training camp.
Old 04-12-2007, 04:04 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

doesn't really affect much, he doesn't really work out with the team, he spends most his off season in Miami

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 04:10 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ya I know but slow day for news and I'm board so I posted it I wish draft day would GET HERE!
Old 04-12-2007, 04:16 PM    (permalink
I'mAHustler
Veteran

I'mAHustler hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

News is slow for this to be in it.

He'll probably end up being a WR or something...
I'mAHustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 04:17 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

minor and surgery have no business being in the same sentence when discussing football.

I think Edge is pretty much over the hill. He doesn't have nickel defenses to run down anymore, and not nearly the same oline. Arizona should get Kenny Irons.
Old 04-12-2007, 04:18 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

once the draft and the NBA playoffs are done i'm gonna be reaching for interesting things sports wise to watch (like arena football & baseball) but the d-backs are doing good so far so it could be a good season

Old 04-12-2007, 04:18 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

just saw AD on NFL live, said the Cards have expressed intrest in him. at first i thought smokescreen but know- hmmmm....
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 04:26 PM    (permalink
Bengals1690
Veteran

Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
just saw AD on NFL live, said the Cards have expressed intrest in him. at first i thought smokescreen but know- hmmmm....
i could see it happening, but the only way it should happen is if joe thomas is not left. but if they took AP over thomas i really wouldnt be surprised.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythbusta View Post
i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
who dey?
Bengals1690 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 04:34 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im looking for JJ Arrington to break out now ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 04:36 PM    (permalink
cardsalltheway
Veteran

cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
That would be a hell of a lot of money tied up in one position

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club
cardsalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 04:45 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

JJ would be released, so that would save some money

and its not like we still aren't paying warner a lot to be a clipboard holder

Old 04-12-2007, 05:19 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
minor and surgery have no business being in the same sentence when discussing football.

I think Edge is pretty much over the hill. He doesn't have nickel defenses to run down anymore, and not nearly the same oline. Arizona should get Kenny Irons.
If Leinart develops this year, I could see him bouncing back. Arizona has an excellent trio of receivers, and I can't imagine Wisenhunt wanting to keep them off the field.

One of Edge's biggest problems last year, I think, was that he bulked up before the start of the season. In Indy, his playing weight was always around 214. This year, he was listed at 220, but looked like he was closer to 225. He would do well to lose some of that weight and try to get some explosiveness back.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 05:58 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still didn't like either this signing, or the Shaun Alexander extension. I am fundamentally opposed to spending top dollar for late twenties RBs.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 06:00 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The continuation of the end...
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 07:51 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
If Leinart develops this year, I could see him bouncing back. Arizona has an excellent trio of receivers, and I can't imagine Wisenhunt wanting to keep them off the field.

One of Edge's biggest problems last year, I think, was that he bulked up before the start of the season. In Indy, his playing weight was always around 214. This year, he was listed at 220, but looked like he was closer to 225. He would do well to lose some of that weight and try to get some explosiveness back.
I'm not quite as sure Edge had any change in his playing weight, from an eye test he looked the same as he did in 05 with the Colts (if we're talking about his early years, fresh out of Miami and winning consecutive rushing titles before his knee injury, I'd agree with you that he was likely closer to 215). But it did seem like he didn't have the same burst this year as he did last year, which combined with the inferior offensive line, hurt his chances of maintaining the same level of production despite the change in scenery. Perhaps you're right.

It will be interesting to see how Edge operates with a fullback, as Wisenhunt is planning.
Old 04-12-2007, 08:57 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the fullback thing will be something to watch, also. I'm sure he's played with a fullback in Miami and in high school, but in the NFL all he's known is the 2 TE with the stretch/slant as the bread and butter. Whisenhunt will want to use fullback leads more, which is not what Edge is used to.

I was wrong about him. Not that he would be successful in Arizona - I thought he was going to suck, which he did. I thought he was going to be an adverse effect to the Indy offense. As seen by their rings, they didn't skip a beat.

No surgery is good surgery in the short term. Especially for Edge.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 09:22 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Barry Sanders had the best season of his career in 1997 when the Lions gave him the first pure-blocking fullback of his career, rushing for 2,053 yards at the age of 29, but Edge's game isn't find a hole for a breakaway run. It's split-second analyzing of the line and making the most of out of something, which is why he has exceled in a one-back set.
Old 04-12-2007, 09:30 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
Barry Sanders had the best season of his career in 1997 when the Lions gave him the first pure-blocking fullback of his career, rushing for 2,053 yards at the age of 29, but Edge's game isn't find a hole for a breakaway run. It's split-second analyzing of the line and making the most of out of something, which is why he has exceled in a one-back set.
Fullbacks are generally for RBs who lack great vision. Barry Sanders, contrary to popular belief, had horrible vision. Thats why when he had a lead blocker who was able to show him the way, he was able to maximize his abilities.

NFL films broke down Barry once very well. He consistently hit the wrong hole and would get greedy and instead of taking a 5 yard gain, would instead dance in the backfield and lose 2 in an attempt to break a 60 yard run.

When he finally had a fullback to show him his initial cut, he was able to do wonders.

Funny thing is, he requested a FB his whole career. The moronic coaches didn't want to give him one. Even after that season, they took the FB away from him!

And we wonder why he retired early. He was fed up with Detroit. He wanted nothing to do with them anymore. If Detroit was willing to trade him, he wouldve played elsewhere.
Old 04-12-2007, 09:34 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hopefully it isnt anything serious

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Carr to Cooper in 2015

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote