Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cleveland Browns Team Forum

Cleveland Browns Team Forum Discuss the Browns

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-08-2012, 02:12 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2012 Browns REDRAFT: Who would you have taken?

The selections and trades the same, who would you have took given the board?
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2012/tracke...bs:dt-by-round

1. 3 They took: Richardson
I would have took: Richardson

We needed a starting RB and I agree that Tripp was clearly the best back in the draft. 2 first rounders allowed us to go for a position that isn't highly valued anymore at the top.

1. 22 They took: Weeden
I would have took: DeCastro

My choice would have been between Riley Rieff or DeCastro. I understand the thought process behind Weeden, I think; that he would have been a top ten pick, probably higher than Tannehill if not for his age. So in a sense your getting a bargain as far as pure talent but I hate the thinking that because he's older he's somehow more ready to play. Rieff imo would struggle more on the RT because he's not great at keeping his base, even though he's a good run blocker. There were some teams that thought DeCastro might be able to play RT. I'd try him out there but he still represents a major upgrade at RG, where Lauvao has sucked and plays dirty.

2. 37 They took: Schwartz
I would have took: Stephen Hill

I'm a fan of Schwartz but I'm not sure I'd taken him over Cordy Glenn. This pick for me comes down to Osweiler or Hill. Question is how prepared are you to roll another season with McCoy or Wallace as a starter? Taking a look at the schedule it's hard to see many wins right now in April. Defeatist or not, my thinking would be, I'll roll with these two QBs for this season and if one of them plays better than expected, great, but more than likely I'll have a top 5 pick in 2013 and finally land my franchise QB. I like Osweiler's upside but if I'm picking high in 2013 I don't want to have to guess on what Brock might be with an elite QB prospect there for the taking.

3. 87 They took: Hughes
I would have took: Bobby Massie

Still not positive what made Massie drop but the Cards may have got a big steal at #112 where he dropped to. Even though I'd take a look at DeCastro at RT, I'd still get Massie as well. I like that he worked with LaCharles Bentley pre draft.

4. 100 They took: Benjamin
I would have took: Ronnell Lewis LB/DE

Im just really high on Lewis. He showed at his pro day the movement ability to play in space at LB and of course he's also has the ability to blitz/rush off the edge. I like him as a SLB in our scheme but he'd get plenty opportunities to pass rush situationally.

4. 120 They took: J. Michael-Johnson
I would have took: Juron Criner

Criner is a steal here or where he ended up at #168. He's a better yac runner than Little and has always shown great hands. He's gotten knocked for speed and character but dominated senior week and for the Wildcats. Has an extra gear on the field.

5. 160 They took: Miller
I would have took: Danny Trevathan

What a bargain in the 5th. He went #188 to the Broncos. He had a terrible post season but looks like a better Sean Spence on tape. SEC leader in tackles the past 2 seasons. He'd play the WLB.

6. 204 They took: Acho
I would have took: Trevor Guyton DT

I like him more than Hughes. Great run defender and hustles nicely after the passer.

6. 205 They took: Billy Winn
I would have took: Billy Winn

same. I like the value.

7. 245 They took: Wade
I would have took: Robert Golden DB

I liked CB Golden a lot coming into his senior season but a knee injury limited him all year. They also switched him to FS. He ran very well at his pro day though so it seems like he's healthy. CB/S tweener I like more than Wade.

7. 245 They took: Smelley
I would have took: Rodney Stewart

I love Stewart. He was signed by the Bengals-dammit!. He's a Sproles-like guy, fast, quick and tough. Would have been a perfect compliment to our backfield.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*

Last edited by Brown Leader : 05-11-2012 at 01:14 AM.
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote