Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 05-02-2012, 06:15 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looking at early 2013 draft info and such, McShay has Michael Buchanan, DE Illinois mocked into the first round.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 06:23 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuckNole View Post
Oh come on, he's perfect for Chris Berman:

"...and Bjoern-to-do-this Werner gets the sack"
Bjoern-to-run Werner.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 06:24 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarq83 View Post
I just don't like the chances of anybody named Bjoern making it in the NFL.
And Barkevious is any better?
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 06:37 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Looking at early 2013 draft info and such, McShay has Michael Buchanan, DE Illinois mocked into the first round.
That's a good name to bring up, I had forgotten about him a little bit. He really stood out when I fist started initially looking Mercilus. More so than Mercilus, even. He still needs to add weight and get stronger, but he wins more battles at the point of attack than you would expect from a guy that lanky. Tackles can completely lock him out if they win the initial battle, but he gets a really good initial get off to counter that. That plays well with his length, something that NFL teams are always looking for in pass rushers. He doesn't seem to have a wide array of pass rush moves, but that's not something I usually concern myself too much with.

Looks he he could have some value as an OLB in a 3-4 as well.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 06:53 PM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Don't know about that because there's plenty of time, but he could be seen all over the field. Seemed like a savvy mover and he's got good length.

Not my favorite pass rusher but an interesting player.
Old 05-03-2012, 11:04 PM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Outside of the guys already talked about here are a few more.

Jamie Collins Southern Miss- Kid is elite, had a sick game against Houston, fast as can be off the edge and is your true speed rusher around the corner.

Prince Shembo Notre Dame JR- very good prospect with a ton of ability.

Damontre Moore Texas A&M JR- solid year last season in place of Von Miller being gone.

D.T. Shackelford Ole Miss- coming off an injury, could be an elite pass rushing on the outside in a 3/4 if he comes back healthy.

Players with a lot of talent but not much production so far in their career, kind of under preformed but all match the big tall rangy outside linebacker prospect potentially in a 3/4.

Craig Roh Michigan
Sean Fisher Nebraska
Cornelius Washington Georgia

A few others...

Walter Stewart Cincinnati - always loved his athletic ability, has never really put it all together, but is a great talent with tons of experience ever since he was a redshirt freshman.

Earl Okine Florida- ideal size for any 4/3 DE, just a freak size wise, if he has production he will be a pretty high pick.

Malliciah Goodman Clemson- should have a breakout year for the Tigers.

Not wildy productive but all have pass rushing potential and could have break out years. I know Miles Nash was moved to a different position but hopefully they put him back on D.

Gerald Rivers Ole Miss
Taylor Wyndham Kentucky
Colton Miles-Nash Arkansas

Good conversation topic, especially with this years draft, almost every single speed rusher, regardless of strength got pick just because of their speed rushing and pass rushing abilities. Good trait to have I guess and is becoming even more valuable with the expansion of the 3/4 defense using multiple options at OLB, not just the past standard player there.

But to be honest Jadeveon Clowney as a pass rush prospect is better than all of these players potentially, not in next years draft though.
Old 05-04-2012, 10:03 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Roh has bulked up significantly and will be playing the 5-tech this season at Michigan. He's coming into the season at 6'6" 270 and still might have more room to grow. He never really developed his pass rush moves (spent most of his second year as a linebacker in the 3-3-5), but is very solid against the run. I think he's going to be a 5-tech at the next level, if he can continue to add weight.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 12:11 PM    (permalink
bruschis4all
Veteran

bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I see a lot of lists with Jarvis Jones on it. He didn't pass USC's physical. All they had to do was give him a scholie. He may not pass a lot of teams physical. The other Georgia de - Cornelius Washington 6'4" 270lb supposedly ran a 4.4 last summer. Georgia moving him from olb in 3-4 to de. Keep an eye out for him if he's that fast.

http://www.dawgbark.net/blog.aspx?blog=450
bruschis4all is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 09:38 PM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
bruschis4all I see a lot of lists with Jarvis Jones on it. He didn't pass USC's physical. All they had to do was give him a scholie. He may not pass a lot of teams physical. The other Georgia de - Cornelius Washington 6'4" 270lb supposedly ran a 4.4 last summer. Georgia moving him from olb in 3-4 to de. Keep an eye out for him if he's that fast.
Ummmmmmm

Jarvis Jones was a First team All American and started all 14 games, had 70 tackles including 19.5 TFL and 13.5 sacks to go along with two forced fumbles, two PBUs and 49 QBPs.

Ummm I think he is just fine

Washington did not half even half of the numbers Jones did last year, and to me Jones is clearly the better of the two players.
Old 05-05-2012, 05:16 PM    (permalink
TuckNole
Rookie

TuckNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TuckNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TuckNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TuckNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TuckNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TuckNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TuckNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TuckNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TuckNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TuckNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TuckNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
Ummmmmmm

Jarvis Jones was a First team All American and started all 14 games, had 70 tackles including 19.5 TFL and 13.5 sacks to go along with two forced fumbles, two PBUs and 49 QBPs.

Ummm I think he is just fine

Washington did not half even half of the numbers Jones did last year, and to me Jones is clearly the better of the two players.
Still, you have to wonder why USC wouldn't clear him.
TuckNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 05:30 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gholston Okafor and Jordan are gonna be on my watch list.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 11:30 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dion Jordan is my favorite pass rush prospect at the moment. Phenomenal athlete. He's super long and lanky (he'll need to put on weight and I assume he will) but at the same time he's very explosive, can play physical at the point (he's played some end in a 30 front), really knows how to use his hands, can bend around the corner and plays hard every snap. Often we see these lanky guys who are kinda soft at the point and still are kinda uncoordinated/awkward but Jordan possess that toughness and fluidity.

Last edited by TACKLE : 05-08-2012 at 11:44 PM.
TACKLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 01:00 AM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jordan is definitely interesting.
Old 05-09-2012, 01:42 AM    (permalink
Duffman57
Veteran

Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Dion Jordan is my favorite pass rush prospect at the moment. Phenomenal athlete. He's super long and lanky (he'll need to put on weight and I assume he will) but at the same time he's very explosive, can play physical at the point (he's played some end in a 30 front), really knows how to use his hands, can bend around the corner and plays hard every snap. Often we see these lanky guys who are kinda soft at the point and still are kinda uncoordinated/awkward but Jordan possess that toughness and fluidity.
As an Oregon student, i've been pimpin Jordan's name since early this season. He's so freakishly fluid that he basically lines up as a Cover 2 CB on a solid amount of snaps for us to help us with our young CB's. Pressed the outside WR and dropped into playing the flats...how many 6'7" 245 guys u know that can do that...lol. But he's a freakish athlete. He's also one of the most physical players on the D.

I also am really liking what i've seen out of Alex Okafor. Extremely athletic and is one of those pass rushers that gets by off pure burst and strength. Very Orakpo esque.
Duffman57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 02:45 AM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

I hope Okafor blows up production wise like Orakpo, but I do think he's a little more fluid.
Old 05-09-2012, 02:56 AM    (permalink
Duffman57
Veteran

Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
I hope Okafor blows up production wise like Orakpo, but I do think he's a little more fluid.
Yah, he looks it.

By the way, my dislike for Brandon Jenkins still stands. He still plays small, gets driven back, doesn't look to have even functional strength, and honestly, once he's locked onto an OL, he's screwed, no hand use to get around the OT and not enough strength to just pure bull rush him.
Old 05-09-2012, 11:28 AM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

^^ I just don't trust FSU. I really thought Brown would be a stud but not so much.
Old 05-09-2012, 08:17 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I've been watching Mingo and Montgomery the last couple days and right now I'm leaning into the Mingo camp. I think he is a smoother athlete. Biggest knock on Monty I've seen is he has many false steps coming out of a 3 point stance. Maybe if you stand him up the false steps will disappear, but if his coach can fix his technique he will gain another step on his opponent, and he is already so explosive it'll make him even more dangerous.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 08:25 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagewarrior View Post
So I've been watching Mingo and Montgomery the last couple days and right now I'm leaning into the Mingo camp. I think he is a smoother athlete. Biggest knock on Monty I've seen is he has many false steps coming out of a 3 point stance. Maybe if you stand him up the false steps will disappear, but if his coach can fix his technique he will gain another step on his opponent, and he is already so explosive it'll make him even more dangerous.
It's his stance. He gets in that stance where he's so low to the ground and so overextended that he has to pop up and take a couple extra steps just to get his feet under him.
Old 05-09-2012, 09:24 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
It's his stance. He gets in that stance where he's so low to the ground and so overextended that he has to pop up and take a couple extra steps just to get his feet under him.
Exactly, I hope they aren't teaching him that stance. If he can shorten up I think his game will go to a whole new level.
Old 05-09-2012, 09:42 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've watched a good amount of Jackson Jeffcoat tape. Really smart player. Plays the run well. Not tremendously explosive, but knows how to use his hands and has a power element to his game.
Old 05-10-2012, 03:22 AM    (permalink
Duffman57
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
I've watched a good amount of Jackson Jeffcoat tape. Really smart player. Plays the run well. Not tremendously explosive, but knows how to use his hands and has a power element to his game.
Agreed. Seems like more of a hustle rusher with a lot of strength. Plays bigger than his listed 249 (or whatever it is). Okafor is clearly the better pass rusher, and a more explosive player in general IMO. I think they can both be real good though.
Old 05-10-2012, 04:22 AM    (permalink
Pontus
Rookie

Pontus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pontus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pontus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pontus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pontus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pontus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pontus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pontus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pontus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pontus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pontus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
Bjoern-to-run Werner.
Björn-to-rush is even better ;)
Pontus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 09:49 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
He's going to have to turn it on a bit to impress me. Haven't studied him to extensively I've just not seen him flash when I watch Texas.
Old 05-10-2012, 12:05 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagewarrior View Post
He's going to have to turn it on a bit to impress me. Haven't studied him to extensively I've just not seen him flash when I watch Texas.

He's the only one I've seen like 3-4 tapes on thus far. Definitely doesn't look like a "freak" or anything like that, but he looks like a real solid football player.