Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 05-08-2012, 06:34 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Overall Thoughts on 49ers 2012 Draft?

I don't really see them discussed on the best of/worst of draft lists. I was just wondering what everyone here thought of them, for better or worse. Full draft class is below

1.30- AJ Jenkins, WR
2.61- LaMichael James, RB
4.117- Joe Looney, OG
5.165- Darius Fleming, OLB
6.180- Trenton Robinson, S
6.199- Jason Slowey, C
7.237- Cam Johnson, DE/OLB

Full list of 18 UDFA, if anyone is interested.

-Cameron Bell, FB
-Kortnei Brown, OLB
-Patrick Burtrym, DL
-Garrett Celek, TE (If anyone asks, yes he is Brent Celek's brother)
-David Gonzales, OG
-Jewel Hampton, RB
-Joe Holland, OLB
-Matt Masifilio, DE
-Anthony Mosley, CB
-Kevin Murphy, OT
-Al Netter, OG
-Chris Owusu, WR
-Nathan Palmer, WR
-Deante Purvis, CB
-Giorgio Tavecchio, K
-Michael Thomas, S
-Bryan Tyms, WR
-Tony Jerrod-Eddie, DE

What does everyone think of the draft, the players, and the strategy employed by SF this year?
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 07:34 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Coming from a 49ers fan... I thought we'd go Guard/WR in the 1st/2nd rds. If we went Guard, I knew that meant they didn't have much faith in Kilgore. If they waited until the middle rds to pick a Guard, I thought it'd be someone to possibly challenge Kilgore... which is what they did.

WR was not a surprise. Jenkins was. Of course we all had hard-ons for Hill, but my thought was if the coaching staff likes this guy then I like this guy. Turns out he wasn't really that much of a "reach" at the end of rd 1 if you believe all the talk about other teams liking him a lot as well.

Following the James pick, it immediately became clear to me that the 49ers wanted offensive playmakers that could gain seperation. Signing Moss and Manningham. Drafting Jenkins in the 1st instead of one of the other WRs. James' athletic ability will be used. Even if he only touches the ball a handful of times a game, it will be looking for the home run. Defenses will have to account for him. If Moss is ready and willing to play defenses will have to account for him. Then we'll still have Davis in the middle of the field.

Its a pretty picture in my mind. We'll see if it works out.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:48 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think they did pretty well even though I'm not in love with any of their picks. They addressed their major areas of concern although I would've liked to see them stock the secondary more as a lot of their DBs had career years, something that usually doesn't replicate itself.

They did however add guys that can help that team as rookies by adding that big play ability. If you're gunna try to ride Smith as far as he can go while Harbaugh grooms Kap, you need to give him guys that'll make plays with the ball in their hands, Jenkins, James and Mario will do that.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Last edited by Rosebud : 05-09-2012 at 09:13 AM.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 08:09 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the James pick, and I get they were going after speed with Jenkins, but Reuben Randle is a much better receiver overall, so I'll give them some flack for that. At the same time, Harbaugh can seem to do no wrong right now, so it'll be interesting to see how the Niners fare with this class.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 08:36 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't like it. I think the 49ers were desperate to add the explosive element to their offense. However, I don't think that plays to their strengths. Imo they should've focused on their defensive backfield more and their OL. I doubt that Alex Smith is capable of running an explosive offense in the NFL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 08:44 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not a big fan of San Francisco's draft...A.J. Jenkins seemed like a reach and LaMichael James seems unnecessary with Gore/Hunter at running back. I don't know much about Joe Looney so I can't really comment on that pick. I like the value on Darius Fleming as well as Cam Johnson. Trenton Robinson seems like a decent value (although I'm not a fan of his tackling), and I have no opinion on Slowey. I could see Kourtnei Brown, Garrett Celek, Chris Owusu, and/or Tony Jerod-Eddie making the final roster as an undrafted free agent. I would give their draft a C/C- or so.
Old 05-09-2012, 09:22 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not a big fan of there draft in terms of the players they got weren't worth the value.

I liked AJ Jenkins, but I saw him more of a guy in late 2nd/early-mid 3rd type prospect.

LaMichael James the same thing. He wasn't worth a 2nd, plus they have Kendall Hunter, who did a good job last year behind Gore, and added Brandon Jacobs as well.

I like the value of Trenton Robinson was a nice value there.

I think they could have went OG in round 1 regardless. Kellechi Osmelle , G from Iowa State would have been a better value there at 30 than Jenkins.

I give there draft a C-. I don't know if they really found any starters. Even Janoris Jenkins would have been a better risk there because it would have been in a good and sound environment as well.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 10:20 AM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All these are fair point of views. I don't know about the reach parts on Jenkins and James though. That's the tricky thing about picking at the end of rounds. If Jenkins goes mid 2nd, he isn't considered a reach and we miss out on him. Same thing with James. If he goes mid 3rd, he isn't considered a reach and we miss out on him. You can't always find trade partners and its a risky business trading down and potentially missing out on the guys you really like. Would rather the team just take the players they were targeting in the early rounds, rather than chance it. In the mid rounds we did trade around quite a bit. From peoples views of Baalke's reaction in the draft room it looks like we ended up just missing out on a couple players he really wanted.
Old 05-09-2012, 11:34 AM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

Dang it. I typed up an immediate "edit" to that last post. Its not there though. Was just saying to not sound too homer-ish that my initial grade for this draft is a C+. I thought/hoped we'd go a mix of WR/G/CB in the first 3 rounds. We only did 1 of those, thought the G did come in the 4th. I was not a big James fan coming into the draft, but he will see the field in a variety of ways. I am a big Hunter fan and think that when Gore is done that he and James will be able to carry the rushing load.

Regarding Alex Smith. I'm not the biggest Alex fan or basher. I don't see any reason why he shouldn't improve in his 2nd season with Harbaugh. He'll never be a 4000 yard 30 td guy, but I can see him maxing out around 3500 and 25. With our D and kicking/punting game, that will be just fine.
Old 05-09-2012, 11:50 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What was the point of getting LaMichael James?

Also, I don't like the AJ Jenkins pick. Don't think he ever does too much. Could be wrong though, maybe a little bit of Victor Cruz in him.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 01:29 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Jenkins seemed like a bit of a reach, but when I see his highlights I see some Robert Meachem in him which isn't necessarily a bad thing.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 02:10 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jenkins was a bit of a reach, but trading down may not have been an option and he wouldnt have been there round 2 in their opinion so I can't argue too much with it.

LaMichael James really had me scratching my head, is it to allow Ginn to possibly have a bigger role on offense. Insurance for the future? Whatever it is, Kendall Hunter is there and a similar back. I think this could have been a better selection.

Cam Johnson was a nice pick late in the draft
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 07:26 PM    (permalink
stl9erfan
Veteran

stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
I don't like it. I think the 49ers were desperate to add the explosive element to their offense. However, I don't think that plays to their strengths. Imo they should've focused on their defensive backfield more and their OL. I doubt that Alex Smith is capable of running an explosive offense in the NFL.
So I'm a 49ers fan, admittedly, so I might be looking at this through rose colored glasses. But I have to say I don't understand this viewpoint... and I've heard it a lot, not just from you.

With regard to the defensive backfield: The Niners needed to add a backup safety, which they did in Trent Robinson. Other than that, where was a DB going to play? The team has franchised Dashon Goldson and signed Donte Whitner to a sizeable FA deal. And CB is probably the deepest position on a very good defense. That wasn't nearly the kind of need people were making it out to be.

As for the OL, at some point, you've got to be able to find a guard in the middle rounds. You can't have every starter on the OL be a 1st round pick or you'll never have the resources to devote to anything else. The Niners invested heavily in the OL in the past few years. 4/5 positions have a solid or better starter. And there were already two decent young players competing for the RG spot. Then they added Joe Looney in the mid rounds to also compete for it. Again, despite the fact that everyone was mocking a guard to the 49ers, it really wasn't anywhere near as pressing a need as people made it out to be.

The fact of the matter is, this was a good team last year. There weren't a lot of holes. If you want to slam the Niners for drafting players you didn't like, or picking guys too early, I think that's a fair complaint. But slamming them for not hitting needs doesn't make any sense, IMO. There simply weren't that many pressing needs to be addressed, and what needs there were did get addressed.
stl9erfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 09:47 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And "they reached" was all that many were saying last year in regards to Aldon Smith, Chris Culliver, and Kendall Hunter. All 3 contributed significantly and will be expected to do so, again this year.
Old 05-09-2012, 11:10 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually loved the Jenkins and Looney picks. Jenkins was being pretty underrated on most draft forums I thought he would go somewhere in the 2nd round and some reports said he was the Rams target at #33.

I really wasn't a fan of the James selection, to me he was more of a 4th round guy and the niners already have a really solid running game. But hey I understand wanting to add homerun threats to the offense.
Old 05-09-2012, 11:25 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thanks for all the responses everyone! Hate it or love it (or in between), at least its sparked some discussion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
I think Jenkins seemed like a bit of a reach, but when I see his highlights I see some Robert Meachem in him which isn't necessarily a bad thing.
I kind of see a Santonio Holmes or Brandon Lloyd without the character or work ethic concerns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
Jenkins was a bit of a reach, but trading down may not have been an option and he wouldnt have been there round 2 in their opinion so I can't argue too much with it.

LaMichael James really had me scratching my head, is it to allow Ginn to possibly have a bigger role on offense. Insurance for the future? Whatever it is, Kendall Hunter is there and a similar back. I think this could have been a better selection.

Cam Johnson was a nice pick late in the draft
Reports are STL liked him a lot and may have taken him 33rd overall. As for James, its insurance if/when Gore leaves. Despite his production his play really tailed off (especially as a receiver). And its also to add a homerun threat, because as the +28 TO ratio is sure to decrease, so too will the margin of error, meaning SF will need big plays. Interesting stat- in the 2011 regular season, the 49ers had 2 TD's of 50+ yards. Jenkins and James alone had 9 in 2011.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
I actually loved the Jenkins and Looney picks. Jenkins was being pretty underrated on most draft forums I thought he would go somewhere in the 2nd round and some reports said he was the Rams target at #33.

I really wasn't a fan of the James selection, to me he was more of a 4th round guy and the niners already have a really solid running game. But hey I understand wanting to add homerun threats to the offense.
What is it you don't like about James, if i may ask? Not trying to be combative, just genuinely curious. I've mainly watched his highlights but from what i can see, despite his size, he has good vision, is physical and tough to bring down with insane acceleration and 4.3 game speed. Which would seem to make him both a homerun and a short-yardage/redzone threat. But i haven't watched much of Oregon football from 09-11 so i'm hardly an expert.
Old 05-10-2012, 01:34 AM    (permalink
PossibleCabbage
Pro Bowler

PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Jenkins more than most, but I don't really care for the 49ers draft. I think James wasn't worth a second round pick, and he was kind of redundant with Kendall Hunter on the team. I really don't like the spending all your day 1 and 2 picks on WRs and RBs.
PossibleCabbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 01:39 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In the end, it all rests on Alex Smith's shoulders, if he can match or better last season, the 49ers will remain a very good team, if he falters, the 49ers will become just an average team. The draft didn't change that one way or another.
Old 05-10-2012, 02:19 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
I like Jenkins more than most, but I don't really care for the 49ers draft. I think James wasn't worth a second round pick, and he was kind of redundant with Kendall Hunter on the team. I really don't like the spending all your day 1 and 2 picks on WRs and RBs.
Speaking strictly from a needs standpoint, there wasn't much else to address. They just needed depth and tried to address it (2 OLB, S, 2 OL) in rounds 4-7. No WR under contract after 2 years. At RB, Gore and Jacobs are on their last legs. They also needed to add to their offensive playmakers to offset the expected decrease in +28 TO ratio. So the positions picked hopefully set themselves up for both to make an impact now, and in the future replace departing players in the starting lineup with a seamless transition.

Also, if the 49ers didn't trade the 92nd pick away, they would probably have taken Gino Gradkowski or Joe Looney.
Old 05-11-2012, 10:09 PM    (permalink
SF Dolphin Fan
Rookie

SF Dolphin Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SF Dolphin Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SF Dolphin Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SF Dolphin Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SF Dolphin Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SF Dolphin Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SF Dolphin Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SF Dolphin Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SF Dolphin Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SF Dolphin Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SF Dolphin Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The 49ers have been making all the right moves in recent years, so I'd give them the benefit of the doubt. That said, I was surprised that they didn't move up to get David DeCastro when he started falling. That seemed like a perfect fit for Jim Harbaugh. Then again, maybe a trade partner didn't emerge. Overall, this kind of looks like an average group but the first two picks are potentially explosive players and that was obviously the focus of this draft.
SF Dolphin Fan is offline   Reply With Quote