Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 05-09-2012, 02:04 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dez sounds like he's having a great offseason of work. Grab him in your fantasy leagues gentlemen. This is the year! Not that his 9TDs were any shabby last year. lol.

-----------------------
http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/dal...-claiborne.ece

Cowboys wide receivers coach Jimmy Robinson said last week that Dez Bryant has been having a good off-season.

That's music to a Cowboys fan's ears considering Bryant was often in the news for the wrong reasons last year at this time. The 2010 first round pick was given a criminal trespass warning at a Dallas mall in March 2011. He was also involved in multiple lawsuits from unpaid loans.

Bryant responded by improving statistically on the field, however, he failed to record a single 100-yard receiving game and he faded in the fourth quarter on several occasions.

After losing Laurent Robinson via free agency, it's obvious the Cowboys need Bryant to be even better in 2012.

And according to Robinson, Bryant is on track.

"The teaching sessions got off to a good start," Robinson said on May 5. "He's out here working really, really hard to get better. It's got to make a difference. If it doesn't, then what's the point of the off-season program? I'm confident it's going to help."

During Cowboys Fan Fest Sunday in San Antonio, Bryant was on the same page with his coach.

"It's helped me a lot to be with Coach Robinson," Bryant told the San Antonio Express-News. "We are progressing more, learning a lot."

Another thing that could help Bryant in the future is going against cornerback Morris Claiborne, the Cowboys' top pick in last month's draft, in practice.

"We are all going to enjoy going against him," Bryant said. "He's going to make all of the wideouts better and we are going to make him better."
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 02:12 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...e-too-quickly/

Rob Ryan admitting what many of us thought he may have done. He's got some good young talent to experiment with now. I'm excited to see how he and the defense rebounds from last year.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 02:22 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...e-too-quickly/

Rob Ryan admitting what many of us thought he may have done. He's got some good young talent to experiment with now. I'm excited to see how he and the defense rebounds from last year.
In a way he was kind of forced to, due to the lockout. He rolled back later in the season and things kind of unraveled.

But we still improved as a unit compared to the previous season and with a full offseason, you gotta love when you read stuff like Sean Lee talking about "Mastering" the defense.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/ro...tId=b logDest

"Thatís not an easy deal. Having that opportunity will allow us to learn this defense and master this defense better instead of trying to learn five defenses in a day. Thereís one thing to learn it on paper; itís another thing to go on the field and practice all the techniques, all the reads and be able to do it fast and efficiently.Ē

Exciting times!
Old 05-09-2012, 04:32 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
In a way he was kind of forced to, due to the lockout. He rolled back later in the season and things kind of unraveled.

But we still improved as a unit compared to the previous season and with a full offseason, you gotta love when you read stuff like Sean Lee talking about "Mastering" the defense.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/ro...tId=b logDest

"Thatís not an easy deal. Having that opportunity will allow us to learn this defense and master this defense better instead of trying to learn five defenses in a day. Thereís one thing to learn it on paper; itís another thing to go on the field and practice all the techniques, all the reads and be able to do it fast and efficiently.Ē

Exciting times!
the talent on defense was lacking that's for sure but rob is gonna have to do a better job in game of being judicious when he's gonna blitz. he better back up his words this years
CowboysBeastMode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 04:47 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowboysBeastMode View Post
the talent on defense was lacking that's for sure but rob is gonna have to do a better job in game of being judicious when he's gonna blitz. he better back up his words this years
Yeah, I get where you're coming from. But I don't think his mouth is that bad. Is it bad to have a coach that exudes confidence and tries to fire up his players? I think too much is made out of Rob and Rex's bravado. I don't have any issue with "talkin' it up before it happens", kind of stuff.

If he said things that were damaging to the team that would be another thing, but he hasn't done anything remotely close to that. As an Orlando Magic fan, trust me... I know all about damaging coach talk. Stan Van Gundy is the prime example.
Old 05-09-2012, 05:21 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah, I get where you're coming from. But I don't think his mouth is that bad. Is it bad to have a coach that exudes confidence and tries to fire up his players? I think too much is made out of Rob and Rex's bravado. I don't have any issue with "talkin' it up before it happens", kind of stuff.

If he said things that were damaging to the team that would be another thing, but he hasn't done anything remotely close to that. As an Orlando Magic fan, trust me... I know all about damaging coach talk. Stan Van Gundy is the prime example.
i like rob and i wish the players would show the same confidence he has...... but i feel like we have a bullseye that says "america's team" across our chest and everybody already gets up to play the cowboys, why make your opponent more focused to do anything possible to beat us

look at philly, that team played like utter crap the first 10 games but the one game they played like they were capable of was against us and they admitted his comments really motivated them and they were really dialed in for that game. i may sound pessimistic but i'm not a fan of coaches talking trash
Old 05-09-2012, 05:49 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
i like rob and i wish the players would show the same confidence he has...... but i feel like we have a bullseye that says "america's team" across our chest and everybody already gets up to play the cowboys, why make your opponent more focused to do anything possible to beat us

look at philly, that team played like utter crap the first 10 games but the one game they played like they were capable of was against us and they admitted his comments really motivated them and they were really dialed in for that game. i may sound pessimistic but i'm not a fan of coaches talking trash
So true. That was pretty damaging I guess.
Old 05-09-2012, 06:03 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I on the other hand LOVE it. Jimmy Johnson sure didnt back down from it and there is nothing better than telling another team whats coming and then beating their brains out. Buddy used to talk trash and I hated him but it sure made the games more exciting for me. Now I admit Rob said some things last year and his team didnt back him up, but thats who he is. Him his dad and his bro are all brash and believe in their teams. Sometimes to a fault.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 06:05 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
I on the other hand LOVE it. Jimmy Johnson sure didnt back down from it and there is nothing better than telling another team whats coming and then beating their brains out. Buddy used to talk trash and I hated him but it sure made the games more exciting for me. Now I admit Rob said some things last year and his team didnt back him up, but thats who he is. Him his dad and his bro are all brash and believe in their teams. Sometimes to a fault.
The best was when Rex said he hoped he would face us again in the SuperBowl after they beat us (or should I say, after Romo gave them the gave). LOL.
Old 05-09-2012, 06:09 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

Quote:
lets me clarify my statement i dont like assistant coaches talking trash. im not into head coaches talking either but at least when hc talks he can set the tone for his team.

if the cowboys have an elite defense and when a super bowl i have no problem w/ rob talkin

Last edited by CowboysBeastMode : 05-09-2012 at 06:14 PM.
Old 05-09-2012, 06:12 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

Quote:
The best was when Rex said he hoped he would face us again in the SuperBowl after they beat us (or should I say, after Romo gave them the gave). LOL.
cant put that loss solely on romo. after the fumble at the goal line we forced a fumble too and recovered it. the cowboys could easily won the game if they didnt have a punt blocked returned for touchdown
Old 05-09-2012, 06:53 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
cant put that loss solely on romo. after the fumble at the goal line we forced a fumble too and recovered it. the cowboys could easily won the game if they didnt have a punt blocked returned for touchdown
I guess the real blame goes to the interior OL.

In other news, it sucks that Wilber fractured his finger and will miss time. This should give an good opportunity for my pet cat, Adrian Hamilton to do some damage. :)
Old 05-09-2012, 08:59 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

Quote:
I guess the real blame goes to the interior OL.

In other news, it sucks that Wilber fractured his finger and will miss time. This should give an good opportunity for my pet cat, Adrian Hamilton to do some damage. :)
what's the big deal over OTAs for lineman anyway
Old 05-10-2012, 02:42 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Check out Rob Ryans pimped out ride!

http://www.dallascowboys.com/multime...1170B86F01A84B

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 02:45 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:

You gotta love it! True to himself, through and through.
Old 05-10-2012, 03:54 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

Quote:

ahhh man i was hopin to see rob big belly bouncing on some hydraulics
Old 05-10-2012, 05:04 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

i got an interesting question? its third and 8 were on defense vs the giants and eagles (not worried about the deadskins even with rg3 just yet) how would match-up. linebackers and safeties are in game too. this is how i would match-up

VS the Giants
Nicks vs Carr
Randle vs Jenkins
Cruz vs Claiborne on the outside but bracket him with Scandrick and Carter/Sensabaugh)
Bradshaw vs Carter

Carr should be good match-up b/c he's a big physical corner to match-up with the size of nicks. i really wouldnt wanna leave cruz 1 on 1 in the slot, so let scandrick with help on the inside from a safety or linebacker. other than that with mannigham gone they're not as deep at wr this year.

VS the Eagles

Maclin vs Jenkins
Jackson vs Claiborne
Celek vs Carr
Avant vs Scandrick
McCoy vs Carter

i put jenkins on scandrick b/c he's defended him very well over the years why mess something good. with claiborne on jackson i dare vick to throw deep ball in claiborne's direction. celek has done some damage to us too he's carr is a big corner who can cover and athletic te like celek. scandrick should be able to hold his own vs avant. im high on carter as the NICKEL backer (i know ur not very high on him at all D) who cover and blitz, from what i saw from him on special teams he has the athletic ability to cover mccoy out the the backfield

feel free to chime in with your opinions and give some explanations on how you see the cowboys matching up

Last edited by CowboysBeastMode : 05-10-2012 at 05:16 PM.
Old 05-15-2012, 10:10 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Happy Birthday Emmitt Smith!!!

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 10:30 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just saw where Even Silva says R. Moore in Denver is already on the roster bubble.

I think this is a perfect example of even though we think the Cowboys have to address certain weaknesses in the draft, there's no guarantee, especially with the safety position.

Can you imagine how much heat the Cowboys would be getting if they had taken Moore in the 2nd last year?

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 12:28 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
Just saw where Even Silva says R. Moore in Denver is already on the roster bubble.

I think this is a perfect example of even though we think the Cowboys have to address certain weaknesses in the draft, there's no guarantee, especially with the safety position.

Can you imagine how much heat the Cowboys would be getting if they had taken Moore in the 2nd last year?
well bruce carter didnt light it up either (mainly bc of injury) but if the cowboys would have not traded up for claiborne they would have taken bobby wagner in the second. i am 300% positive there would have been a mass revolt if that happened.
Old 05-15-2012, 12:35 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:

I only remember MOTH as one of the few who wanted Rahim Moore. He was way too small for my preference.

I did however, badly want Akeem Ayers or Ras-I Dowling in Round 2. Both went before we could pick, but then the next guy on my list was Stefan Wisniewski. I'm still pissed that we took Bruce Carter over him. Hopefully this is the year Carter makes it worth it.
Old 05-15-2012, 01:36 PM    (permalink
cmd34
Rookie

cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would jump all over Rahim Moore if he became available. Not sure what's going on with him in Denver but his natural ball skills are something we have lacked since Darren Woodson.

And I'm a Trojan fan. I normally don't want Bruins to do anything except get me my pizza on time.
cmd34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 01:46 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmd34 View Post
I would jump all over Rahim Moore if he became available. Not sure what's going on with him in Denver but his natural ball skills are something we have lacked since Darren Woodson.

And I'm a Trojan fan. I normally don't want Bruins to do anything except get me my pizza on time.
If he's got great ball skills, why would Denver be ready to say goodbye?

I think we all know that safeties with ball skills aren't just walking on any street corner.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 03:27 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmd34 View Post

garrett didnt like his character, he would be the next marty b nice talent but probably wont do anything with it

Last edited by CowboysBeastMode : 05-15-2012 at 03:30 PM.
Old 05-15-2012, 04:26 PM    (permalink
cmd34
Rookie

cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If he's got great ball skills, why would Denver be ready to say goodbye?
I think we all know that safeties with ball skills aren't just walking on any street corner.
The league is full of successful players who didn't quite work out with their first team.
cmd34 is offline   Reply With Quote