Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-08-2012, 12:42 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bixby View Post
Their secondary and defensive line is the problem for me. Aside from old Ike Taylor, who do they have at corner? Their safeties are old and the depth behind Troy P and Clark is awful. Polamalu is getting more one dimensional by the year (same thing happened to Dawkins) and Clark is pretty bad. And they had to let go of Aaron Smith and I think their depth at DL is suspect. With the exception of OLB, that entire defense is pretty thin IMO.
If the Bengals regress this year with a tougher schedule and the Ravens faulter, a healthy big ben, much more talented OL and all those WRs should be enough for a Division crown. IMO the North only sends one team the playoffs this year as Tennessee and Buffalo get the wild card spots next season.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 06:30 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As I posted, Houston carries a slight edge over Tennessee but you have to give Houston the spot based on last year. Houston has an OK QB who isn't special and gets injured quite a bit, so their season could deteriorate pretty quickly if that happens. Tennessee also isn't special at QB, but I fully expect Johnson to rebound and they have a pretty decent HC. However, facing the NFC North means only one team will make it into the playoffs.

Anybody who isn't picking Pittsburgh seems strange to me. Their offense should be substantially better and their defense is still very solid IMO. Cinncy should give them a run but Baltimore without Suggs just won't be able to compete.
Old 05-08-2012, 07:47 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
It has been for years, whats your point?
Well that is the point. You wonder why ppl like them to win the division and that's what it comes down to. Their by far, the most talented team in that division. They had injuries last year to IMPACT players that would have caused most teams to fold. But they grinded out wins, made it to the post-season and actually won a playoff game with a 3rd string rookie QB. Why shouldn't I like them to repeat as division champs. Sure the Titans may have gotten better, but the gap between both teams is pretty significant in my eyes.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 07:59 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well....I think the tiebreaker is defense. Houston's defense is just better than Tennessee's.

Offensively, the Titans have just as much talent except for qb (Locker isn't proven yet). They have the better overall WR core, a good oline, and if he gives a damn, a good RB. And a slept on TE. So they have talent on offense.

But defensively, the Texans clearly have more talent.
Old 05-08-2012, 08:04 AM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Haha, anyone not choosing the Texans in the AFC South is out of their minds. The team beat the Bengals and nearly knocked off the Ravens with TJ Yates. No team in the AFC South is even close to the Texans.

Holy delusional Titans fan. The Titans spin on that damn near gave me vertigo.

PS - Chris Johnson is nowhere near as good as he was three years ago. He actually kind of sucks now.
I am out of my mind, but I am a delusional 49ers fan. I think I was the 1st one to pick that the Titans would win the AFC South. I'm surprised that some others think the same. I stated that I believe the Texans have the superior talent, but that doesn't always matter. The matter of the fact is that there are surprises every year. Whether you like it or not, there just are. If you go through picking all "chalk" (in a sense) then you are going to be wrong. Plain and simple.

I don't know but I'm guessing you are a Texans fan, seeing as you are so offended. Get over it. Several posters have my 49ers missing out on the playoffs this year. I don't believe it, but it does no good to piss and moan and attack others for it.

PS - Chris Johnson will out preform Arian Foster in their head to head meetings this year. There is another "prediction" to get you all worked up.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:13 AM    (permalink
Bixby (Thumper)
Rookie

Location: "Everybody sounds like Meryl Streep with a gun to their head."
Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by farfromforgotten View Post
PS - Chris Johnson will out preform Arian Foster in their head to head meetings this year. There is another "prediction" to get you all worked up.
I'm not the least bit worked up nor am I the least bit invested in this little argument. I'm an Eagles fan. I had no idea you guys were so opposed to anyone actually making a cohesive argument here. I suppose I'll just stick to the whole "I pick dis team and dat one" routine from here on out since actual discussion seems to ruffle feathers. Sorry.
Bixby (Thumper) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:37 AM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm not the least bit worked up nor am I the least bit invested in this little argument. I'm an Eagles fan. I had no idea you guys were so opposed to anyone actually making a cohesive argument here. I suppose I'll just stick to the whole "I pick dis team and dat one" routine from here on out since actual discussion seems to ruffle feathers. Sorry.
Sorry for assuming you were a Texans fan. And I did respond after only reading your post inwhich you called people "out of their minds" and "delusional" (which seems to be how people engage in "discussions" with each other anymore), I didn't see your follow up post which was much longer and actually made some good points. So, I jumped the gun a little there.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 12:06 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
Well that is the point. You wonder why ppl like them to win the division and that's what it comes down to. Their by far, the most talented team in that division. They had injuries last year to IMPACT players that would have caused most teams to fold. But they grinded out wins, made it to the post-season and actually won a playoff game with a 3rd string rookie QB. Why shouldn't I like them to repeat as division champs. Sure the Titans may have gotten better, but the gap between both teams is pretty significant in my eyes.
I don't wonder why people chose them at all, I'm just saying I think the Titans have just as good of a chance. Deal with it.

If you recall correctly, I didn't start this as "why would someone pick the Texans to win the division", someone asked me and I presented my points and opinions.

I don't really care if you pick the Texans, Titans, Jags or even Colts. It's your opinion, back it up with why you chose that and that's all you can do except wait until next winter and see if you were right
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 01:40 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Very early, subject to change:
01. Patriots
02. Texans
03. Chargers
04. Ravens
05. Jets
06. Colts

NFC
01. Falcons
02. 49ers
03. Bears
04. Eagles
05. Cowboys
06. Packers

OVERVALUED
Chiefs
Steelers
Bengals
Buccaneers
Giants
Titans
Broncos
Seahawks

UNDERVALUED
Jets
Falcons
Chargers
Raiders
Colts
Browns
Cardinals
Bills
Dolphins
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 10:25 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
01. Patriots
02. Texans
03. Chargers
04. Ravens
05. Jets
06. Colts

NFC
01. Falcons
02. 49ers
03. Bears
04. Eagles
05. Cowboys
06. Packers

OVERVALUED
Chiefs
Steelers
Bengals
Buccaneers
Giants
Titans
Broncos
Seahawks

UNDERVALUED
Jets
Falcons
Chargers
Raiders
Colts
Browns
Cardinals
Bills
Dolphins
woah, seriously? Colts a playoff team?
Old 05-09-2012, 02:21 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
woah, seriously? Colts a playoff team?
Sure, and the Titans are over-valued. He gave the Titans draft a D last year (post draft), so I'm just gonna say he doesn't have his finger on the pulse of this team very well.

But the safe prediction for the AFC South is the Texans. It should be by now, how many years have they been trying to work out of the basement of this division? They are due, but people should not be shocked if the Titans win the division this year.
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 02:42 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

I'm fine with the Texans, but I can't imagine a world where the Colts are gonna be a playoff team
Old 05-09-2012, 02:49 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
01. Patriots
02. Texans
03. Chargers
04. Ravens
05. Jets
06. Colts
Old 05-09-2012, 02:56 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not sure about records, but here are my division winners and wild card spots for the AFC and NFC.

AFC North: Baltimore Ravens
AFC South: Houston Texans
AFC West: San Diego Chargers
AFC East: New England Patriots
WC: Denver Broncos
WC: Pittsburgh Steelers

NFC North: Green Bay Packers
NFC South: Atlanta Falcons
NFC West: San Francisco 49ers
NFC East: New York Giants
WC: Chicago Bears
WC: Carolina Panthers

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 03:03 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

I think the AFC West may be the most entertaining division this year, I could honestly see any of them teams from that division winning it
Old 05-09-2012, 03:13 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

AFC North: Pittsburgh Steelers
AFC South: Houston Texans
AFC West: Denver Broncos
AFC East: New England Patriots
WC: Kansas City Chiefs
WC: Buffalo Bills

NFC North: Green Bay Packers
NFC South: Carolina Panthers
NFC West: San Francisco 49ers
NFC East: Dallas Cowboys
WC: New York Giants
WC: Chicago Bears

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 04:03 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think the AFC West may be the most entertaining division this year, I could honestly see any of them teams from that division winning it
Agreed. And there is A LOT at stake for a bunch of individuals. Mainly Norv Turner, Carson Palmer, and Matt Cassel. Adding Peyton Manning to that mix makes it way tougher than it should have been (Broncos would have been an easy fall-out team had they retained the same QB situation).
Old 05-09-2012, 11:37 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
01. Patriots
02. Texans
03. Chargers
04. Ravens
05. Jets
06. Colts

NFC
01. Falcons
02. 49ers
03. Bears
04. Eagles
05. Cowboys
06. Packers

OVERVALUED
Chiefs
Steelers
Bengals
Buccaneers
Giants
Titans
Broncos
Seahawks

UNDERVALUED
Jets
Falcons
Chargers
Raiders
Colts
Browns
Cardinals
Bills
Dolphins
Why so high on the Falcons? I can certainly understand you taking the Saints off because of their coaching issues. I actually kind of think TB can sneak out of nowhere and win the division. I expect them to copy the 2011 49ers formula- play good defense and special teams, with the offense's main job to protect the football.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 11:52 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
Why so high on the Falcons? I can certainly understand you taking the Saints off because of their coaching issues. I actually kind of think TB can sneak out of nowhere and win the division. I expect them to copy the 2011 49ers formula- play good defense and special teams, with the offense's main job to protect the football.
I see five or six tough games on Atlanta's schedule. Their road slate is fairly tame. I think Matt Ryan will take his game to the next level and the defense will just play better (Tatupu might help). They have continuity in a division that has a lot of change among the other teams. They know how to beat the Saints, can easily handle the Bucs, and have a whole offseason to figure out Cam Newton and shred a bad Carolina defense. They'll go 4-2 at worst in the division. Only other tough games are @SD, @PHI, vsNYG and @DET. And they could easily go 3-1 in those contests. I see 11 or 12 wins.

As for the Bucs, they don't have anywhere near the talent of the 49ers. Their defense was atrocious last year and adds a hopefully healthy Gerald McCoy, a safety, and a run-around LB in David. I don't see them improving THAT much and they definitely won't compare to SF which has arguably the best D in the entire league.