Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum Discuss the Bucs

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-10-2012, 09:23 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2013 Positional Needs to keep an Eye on

After the 2012 off-season, I say the Bucs coaching staff and front office did a heck of a job.

Getting All Pro G Carl Nicks to form the dominate duo with our own top 5 Guard in Davin Joseph to help protect Josh Freeman as well perform our physcial pound the rock philosophy.

I always thoguht Williams/Briscoe/Benn were #2 type WRs. Not bad, but none really broke out, well Briscoe did an excellent job when on the field, so with a strong camp he could unseat Mike Williams. However, I think the addition to Vincent Jackson will bring this WR group a few notches up. Benn is dangerous in the open field and would be a great slot addition. Briscoe could make Williams expendable. OUr WR core is young and talented, and the added top 10 WR Vet will bring there game up, in my opinion.

The draft brought us 3 immediate starters in Barron, Martin and David. We got RB depth thats very, very good. David should be the 3 down WLB we've been looking for. I think we got ourselves a future Safety tandem in Tandy/Barron as well.

Going into the 2013 Draft, looking a little too far ahead, our needs that still need to be addressed:

1. DT: McCoy has had his 2 biceps repaired and the new staff should teach him better technique. Even if he's durable this year, he could benefit from another DT next to him, similar Warren Sapp days when he had McCfarland and Cullpepper. Price and Okoye are reserve options.

2. CB: Talib is a free agent and his off-field concerns have to make you believe Dominik is hesitant to extend him.

3. MLB: This is a question mark. Mason Foster is more than capable of handling the position and with a full off-season and better staff around, he should improve. If he falls flat on his face, then I'd say move him to SLB and look into the MLB replacement.

4. RT: Trueblood will be an FA next year and this years performance will determine if he comes back. Not a bad 2011 performance, but he can play a lot better. Maybe the upgraded o-line addition will improve that.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote