Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Who's gonna be the best of these QB's when all is said and done?
Josh Freeman, Bucs 59 15.05%
Matthew Stafford, Lions 126 32.14%
Sam Bradford, Rams 76 19.39%
Mark Sanchez, Jets 19 4.85%
Joe Flacco, Ravens 33 8.42%
Matt Ryan, Falcons 79 20.15%
Voters: 392. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-09-2012, 11:48 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The rams are putting together receivers that they can use. They still need a top weapon who demands constant double teams and shifted coverages to really maximize that passing game, but add Quick, a healthy Kendricks and if he's finally recovered Steve Smith to the guys they have and those are weapons Bradford can work with successfully.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 01:13 PM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHL6719 View Post
I hate the Jets, but give Sanchez a receiver like Megatron and I bet he throws 35 TD's.

Take Megatron away from Stafford and you get what he was at Georgia to begin with. Inconsistent and a slow starter.

Yeah, Stafford was inconsistent at UGA! He was one of those rare 3 year college players who don't play the exact same way every game!

^What I just did to your argument
Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 02:21 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My rankings are based on performance and potential but even though I love the potential of Luck and RG111, it is ridiculous to include them in a discussion about QB's who have actually played in the NFL.

1) Stafford is clearly #1 at this point as he is already a top 5 NFL QB.

2) Newton may even pass Stafford at some point, he is just touching the surface of his upside and I'm a Detroit fan.

3) Sam Bradford was injured most of last year but he showed in his rookie year what his upside is. If the Rams can actually get him some solid receivers, look out.

4) Freeman, yes I know the Bucs hasd a poor season but his potentiasl is simply higher than Ryan's and Flacco's.

5) Matt Ryan has been in the league 4 seasons and Atlanta has been a playoff contender for all of that time. Anybody who thinks that is easy to accomplish without a very solid QB is mistaken.

6) Flacco doesn't have a great deal more upside, what you see is what you are going to get, a solid NFL starting QB but not a great QB.

7) Sanchez took the Jets to the playoffs his first 2 seasons and came close last year. He plays better at the end of the season when the games really count and given his lack of experience coming out of college, he could still have a breakout season and rank #4 before all is said and done. The Jets had far more serious problems than Sanchez last year but people love to blame the QB.

8) Dalton surprised me quite a bit last year considering how many QB's went in round 1. I believe he throw the second highest TD's totals for a rookie in NFL history, no mean feat, but I still question his upside but am keeping an open mind.

As for the rookies, Luck has the potential but no performance, to rate at least #3 on this chart and I definitely place him in the Stafford/Newton catagory.

RG111 also has upper end potential but no performance to go on, could he end up ranked with Stafford/Newton/Luck, he at least has a shot.

Tannehill would rank last on this list until he proves it wrong in the NFL. He's in the pot with Locker, Gabbert, and Ponder.
Old 05-10-2012, 05:11 AM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
Who else is still on the Sam Bradford bandwagon? If that OL can bounce back and keep him healthy I think he'll take a significant step this year. Add a true #1 next year and a rapidly rebuilding defense and I think he'll be the NFC West's best QB sooner than later.

Stafford's still clearly ahead of him and Cam is to unless he has a serious let down next year. I do like Luck, Locker and Griffin to become elite QBs as well, but I still think Bradford can become that franchise QB that makes his team perennial contenders.
I am. I think Bradford has a very bright future. This year you will see the Rams start to put it together. They will finally have stability and a system that won't be changing every year. Sam's confidence isn't shattered the way David Carr's was. And the team is starting to give him some toys to play with. When the Rams draft Robert Woods in 2013 and Sammy Watkins in 2014 they will be deadly.

Flacco to me has hit his ceiling. His stats the last three years are eerily similar. In fact, if anything he regressed this year. Do I think the Ravens can win a Super Bowl with him? Yes, but it won't be because of him.

Ryan I think still has more upside, especially if Julio Jones becomes the receiver they think he will. Ryan has steadily gotten better every year. While I don't see him being as good as Stafford, I think he has what it takes to carry his team.

Stafford is the best of the bunch IMO. The question mark for him going forward will still be staying healthy. If he can string together a few seasons where he remains healthy he can make those concerns a memory. Until then, people will continue to wonder.

I think Freeman is a guy that really needs the weapons to be successful. By that I mean that I don't see him being the guy that takes his team on his back and says "I will win with you or without you." He has all the tools necessary, but I don't sense that he owns his locker room.
stlouisfan37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 06:02 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlouisfan37 View Post
Flacco to me has hit his ceiling. His stats the last three years are eerily similar. In fact, if anything he regressed this year. Do I think the Ravens can win a Super Bowl with him? Yes, but it won't be because of him.
Well Flacco shouldn't have to carry that team on his back. Perhaps at times, and he has come through for the Ravens and helped the team win it's fair share of games at various times when they've needed to depend on him, but not necessarily the majority of the time.

The Ravens have been to the playoffs every single year that Flacco has been their starter. They've never had that kind of consistency in the history of their franchise. I don't think the Ravens can win with just any average quarterback behind there, even a journeyman. They need a little bit more production than than behind center and Flacco gives them that.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 08:54 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Well Flacco shouldn't have to carry that team on his back. Perhaps at times, and he has come through for the Ravens and helped the team win it's fair share of games at various times when they've needed to depend on him, but not necessarily the majority of the time.

The Ravens have been to the playoffs every single year that Flacco has been their starter. They've never had that kind of consistency in the history of their franchise. I don't think the Ravens can win with just any average quarterback behind there, even a journeyman. They need a little bit more production than than behind center and Flacco gives them that.
Last time I checked, football was a team sport. Not everyone is Peyton Manning and can carry a team on his back for several years. That's rare and honestly, is why it's hard to project Andrew Luck as the next Peyton Manning. It's easier to compare playing style and mechanics, but what he'll actually mean is another story.

Back to Flacco: He shouldn't have to carry the team on his back week after week, but he is a very important piece to that team. Is he ELITE? that's still a question mark, but he's accomplished more than ANY QB on this Young Guns list, yet he's thrown to the wolves.

The Ravens defense isn't what it used to be. And they're a Lee Evans drop away from playing the Giants in the Super Bowl.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 09:23 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
Last time I checked, football was a team sport. Not everyone is Peyton Manning and can carry a team on his back for several years. That's rare and honestly, is why it's hard to project Andrew Luck as the next Peyton Manning. It's easier to compare playing style and mechanics, but what he'll actually mean is another story.

Back to Flacco: He shouldn't have to carry the team on his back week after week, but he is a very important piece to that team. Is he ELITE? that's still a question mark, but he's accomplished more than ANY QB on this Young Guns list, yet he's thrown to the wolves.

The Ravens defense isn't what it used to be. And they're a Lee Evans drop away from playing the Giants in the Super Bowl.
It's because he plays on a team where defense is the identity of the team, where on that side of the ball, they have HOFers and sick players across the board. In order for him, to not get thrown to the wolves he will have to raise his game ever higher, and perhaps not whine like a baby when he thinks the media is ripping him. That makes it worse. If the media rips him, who cares, shake it off, or don't pay attention.

It would help if his own team mates kept their mouths shut too when it concerns him. As a giant fan, that sort of stuff is counter productive, unless you show up the player by winning a super bowl the year after he retires.

But if he raising his game and continues to develop, I think he will be fine.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 09:31 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
It's because he plays on a team where defense is the identity of the team, where on that side of the ball, they have HOFers and sick players across the board. In order for him, to not get thrown to the wolves he will have to raise his game ever higher, and perhaps not whine like a baby when he thinks the media is ripping him. That makes it worse. If the media rips him, who cares, shake it off, or don't pay attention.

It would help if his own team mates kept their mouths shut too when it concerns him. As a giant fan, that sort of stuff is counter productive, unless you show up the player by winning a super bowl the year after he retires.

But if he raising his game and continues to develop, I think he will be fine.
Agree with a lot you said. I think that AFC title game, there is no question Flacco elevated his game. His play outperformed Tom Brady's in that game and it wasn't even close. It's said that a mere drop, that lead to a botched field goal prevented a super bowl appearance.

I seriously think sometimes evaluating QBs after a couple years is tough. I mean, look at Alex Smith. He had bad coaching all of his career but the measurables and talent was there. He finnally gets a good staff and well, he had a very good year.

Eli Manning, in my opinion, didn't click on all cylinders until his 5th season, and it was at the end going into the playoffs. He still had his struggles after that of inconsistancy, but he's still a top QB in this league.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 10:17 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
Agree with a lot you said. I think that AFC title game, there is no question Flacco elevated his game. His play outperformed Tom Brady's in that game and it wasn't even close. It's said that a mere drop, that lead to a botched field goal prevented a super bowl appearance.

I seriously think sometimes evaluating QBs after a couple years is tough. I mean, look at Alex Smith. He had bad coaching all of his career but the measurables and talent was there. He finnally gets a good staff and well, he had a very good year.

Eli Manning, in my opinion, didn't click on all cylinders until his 5th season, and it was at the end going into the playoffs. He still had his struggles after that of inconsistancy, but he's still a top QB in this league.

Well we had issues with players who didn't buy in and were terrible for a young QB's development. Tiki, Shockey and to a certain extent Burress. People think, and even the national media, like NFL network, that Gilbride was our OC from day 1. Not so, we had a terrible, OC in, John Hufangel, who is out of the NFL.

He was soo bad he got his playcalling duties stripped away in the season, and then fired. 2007, the year we won the super bowl was Eli's first year with Gilbride calling the plays. Since then, it's not surprise he has taken off.

Also, no surprise that Burress, Shockey and Tiki all left too. So our situation was different than some teams and their Qbs. Not to mention we run a high risk/high reward passing system, that has principles of the Run and shoot incorporated into it. That makes it even more challenging.

I actually didn't mind Alex Smith. I always said, he needs stability on that side of the ball. You can't develop a Qb if you're always changing coordinators and systems.

I hate to think what Eli would become if we didn't fire stupid Hufangel. I think he'd be a big time bust if we kept Hufangel, and then kept the idiots known as Shockey and Tiki. It would have been a mess! Coughlin probably gets fired too.

In my opinion, that's Coughlin's biggest knock. He hired the worst staff ever!

DC: Tim Lewis
OC: John Hufangel.

Both fools fired. Just terrible, terrible choices in coordinators.
Old 05-10-2012, 10:25 AM    (permalink
AHungryWalrus
Veteran

AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post

1) Stafford is clearly #1 at this point as he is already a top 5 NFL QB.
... No one is calling this out?

Without a doubt better QB's: Brady - Brees - Rodgers - Eli - Roethlisberger - Rivers

Guys you could make the argument for: Vick, Peyton (clearly depending on health, but I mean, it's Peyton), Romo, Newt?

Last edited by AHungryWalrus : 05-10-2012 at 10:27 AM.
AHungryWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 10:28 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHungryWalrus View Post
... No one is calling this crap out?

Without a doubt better QB's: Brady - Brees - Rodgers - Eli - Roethlisberger - Rivers

Guys you could make the argument for: Vick, Peyton (clearly depending on health, but I mean, it's Peyton), Romo, Newt?
I think after this year, if he plays like he did last year, Stafford will surpass Roethlisberger and Rivers. I'd say he's a more talented passer than Eli too, but Eli gets the nod for his sustained post-season successes.

As for your other list..

Vick - hell no
Peyton - can't say so yet, how's his neck and shoulder?
Newton -
Romo -

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 10:33 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
I think after this year, if he plays like he did last year, Stafford will surpass Roethlisberger and Rivers. I'd say he's a more talented passer than Eli too, but Eli gets the nod for his sustained post-season successes.

As for your other list..

Vick - hell no
Peyton - can't say so yet, how's his neck and shoulder?
Newton -
Romo -

I think Stafford's career looks very promising! The guy is 23 or 24 years old and has a very bright future ahead of him. But I tend to compare Qbs and their contempararies.

Flacco, Ryan, Sanchez, Freeman, Bradford, and Stafford are closer in age.

Eli, Rivers, matt S. and Ben are in the same group. Romo is in this too since he is 31 or 32.
Old 05-10-2012, 02:20 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

It's IAC. Why even bother arguing with him?

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 05-10-2012, 02:29 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
It's IAC. Why even bother arguing with him?
I don't think he's all that far off, honestly. I'd have Stafford firmly in my Top 7 QBs moving forward, and he could easily be Top 5 after this year. If he puts up another monster season like last year and takes the Lions to the playoffs or further, what's to separate him from Tony Romo or Phillip Rivers?
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 02:38 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
I don't think he's all that far off, honestly. I'd have Stafford firmly in my Top 7 QBs moving forward, and he could easily be Top 5 after this year. If he puts up another monster season like last year and takes the Lions to the playoffs or further, what's to separate him from Tony Romo or Phillip Rivers?
Here's how I see it:

Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Peyton, Big Ben and Eli are firmly ahead of Stafford unless he wins the superbowl next year while tearing the NFL a new asshole.

Cutler and Rivers, will be ahead of him unless he takes his team to the NFC title game on the back of a great season.

With another season like the one he had but no playoff wins he'll be leading the Romo, Vick, Schaub, Cam Newton* tier

*assuming Cam has another great year also

So barring a superbowl won on his arm, Stafford is in the 7-10 range so long as he has another big year.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-10-2012, 02:41 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I saw that. I was quite lazy to get into a debate about it though. At least at the time. I definitely don't think Stafford is already a top five quarterback in the NFL after one good season. Even Scott Mitchell and Steve Beuerlein had one of those.

Quote:
Old 05-24-2012, 11:03 AM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Freeman career SHOULD take off this year. Good Oline, improved backfield, improved receiving options, better coaching, and an NFL quality offensive philosophy.

There's simply no excuses for Freeman this year. Not expecting him to sling it for 5000 yards or anything, but he needs to be a borderline top 10 QB this season imo to fully cement himself as our franchise QB.

Mike Will & V-Jax
V.I.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 06:56 PM    (permalink
armageddon
Veteran

armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here is a video of all Sam Bradford's throws for 2011 of 15 yards or more.

1) notice how many dropped balls on really good throws
2) notice how much better he was early on before the high ankle sprain
3) losing his safety valve Amendola really hurt him

The dude is going to be a star with protection and good receivers, something Fisher will make sure happens.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhLDkYravNA
armageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 07:25 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by armageddon View Post
Here is a video of all Sam Bradford's throws for 2011 of 15 yards or more.

1) notice how many dropped balls on really good throws
2) notice how much better he was early on before the high ankle sprain
3) losing his safety valve Amendola really hurt him

The dude is going to be a star with protection and good receivers, something Fisher will make sure happens.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhLDkYravNA
I like Bradford for the most part. He does struggle in the face of pressure but he can improve in that area.

Problem is, I still think the Rams receivers are terrible...
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 07:32 PM    (permalink
armageddon
Veteran

armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I like Bradford for the most part. He does struggle in the face of pressure but he can improve in that area.

Problem is, I still think the Rams receivers are terrible...

Rams receivers will be much better this year

Rookie Quick - 6'5 and all the tools
Amendola - healthy. Great slot WR
DX- 6'5 and playmaker
Rookie Givens - DeSean Jackson comparison
Salas - looking good before his injury last year
Steve Smith - looks like he is healthy
TE Kendricks - is a freak but had rookie jitters. No off season last season hurt him too
Rookie RB Pead is a great receiver out of the back field and very explosive

Lots of potential. Bradford will make them all better. Pretty excited about 6'5 DX and 6'5 Quick. Twin towers.
Old 07-06-2012, 08:20 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.I.P View Post
Freeman career SHOULD take off this year. Good Oline, improved backfield, improved receiving options, better coaching, and an NFL quality offensive philosophy.

There's simply no excuses for Freeman this year. Not expecting him to sling it for 5000 yards or anything, but he needs to be a borderline top 10 QB this season imo to fully cement himself as our franchise QB.
I still believe in Freeman. That guy has all the tools. One down year and it seems a lot of folks have already bailed on him.

Quote:
Old 07-06-2012, 08:47 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by armageddon View Post
Rams receivers will be much better this year

Rookie Quick - 6'5 and all the tools
Amendola - healthy. Great slot WR
DX- 6'5 and playmaker
Rookie Givens - DeSean Jackson comparison
Salas - looking good before his injury last year
Steve Smith - looks like he is healthy
TE Kendricks - is a freak but had rookie jitters. No off season last season hurt him too
Rookie RB Pead is a great receiver out of the back field and very explosive

Lots of potential. Bradford will make them all better. Pretty excited about 6'5 DX and 6'5 Quick. Twin towers.

Why is it that every time I read a post about you describing the players on the Rams team it's like every single player on the roster has such huge potential. According to you there was no need to even draft Quick & Givens because you already had a great slot WR, a 6'5 WR that is a play-maker and a healthy Greg Salas. Why even draft new targets if you have that type of assault?

Stop pumping sunshine every chance you get to describe your team. The Rams offensive weapons in general are garbage, just call it what it is. Can you name 5 teams who have a worse assortment of weapons then the Rams? Hopefully for your sake Quick is legit and we won't know that for some time, but outside of that there is nothing to be excited about.

The Rams were one of the teams who needed to sign a mid level FA WR, Garcon or Manningham or someone similiar. Drafting a bunch of rookies and expecting them to pick up the slack can end up putting them in the same boat as last year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 08:50 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

I have to agree. I went into seasons thinking the same about the 49ers "potential" talent and was let down every season. Unless Bradford turns into Kurt Warner, I think it's going to be another long season. They just don't seem that talented on offense.

Quote:
Old 07-06-2012, 09:39 PM    (permalink
armageddon
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Why is it that every time I read a post about you describing the players on the Rams team it's like every single player on the roster has such huge potential. According to you there was no need to even draft Quick & Givens because you already had a great slot WR, a 6'5 WR that is a play-maker and a healthy Greg Salas. Why even draft new targets if you have that type of assault?

Stop pumping sunshine every chance you get to describe your team. The Rams offensive weapons in general are garbage, just call it what it is. Can you name 5 teams who have a worse assortment of weapons then the Rams? Hopefully for your sake Quick is legit and we won't know that for some time, but outside of that there is nothing to be excited about.

The Rams were one of the teams who needed to sign a mid level FA WR, Garcon or Manningham or someone similiar. Drafting a bunch of rookies and expecting them to pick up the slack can end up putting them in the same boat as last year.

They are all young. Can we let them at least develop first ? Salas and Kendricks showed great promise last year too, especially with no off season. Amendola is an unreal slot WR. He's quick, runs good routes and has great hands. He is a Welker clone, evident with his 85 reception in 2010 with a rookie QB. Givens was said to be the best rout runner in the draft and was compared to DJax. He was projected to go in rd 2 by some. Another huge steal for the Rams. His 4.3 speed is going to really help the offense. Same as RB Pead. Good luck trying to cover 6'5 DX and 6'5 Quick. Quick is said to be a fast, more athletic Marshall. Sam will love him.
Old 07-06-2012, 09:42 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just... I don't even.