Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-10-2012, 05:45 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He was getting 20K - 40K for autograph sessions. He got a "scholarship check" that basically covers "estimated cost of living." That living cost is essentially nothing since he wasn't living on campus, he wasn't paying for books, etc. So this check would basically cover rent and leave him the equivalent to a few hundred dollars a month "spending money." Why does he need a job if he has several hundred dollars "extra" each month?

And feel free to peruse all of the benefits available to help people pay their utilities in Pennsylvania. Being a resident, and having used them when I needed, I can assure you, his mother could've received assistance.

http://www.puc.state.pa.us/general/c...sst_progs.aspx

Again, I could care less he took money. I just think it was chicken s**t for him to use an excuse such as he did. And to use the phrase "doing God's work"??? Are you effing kidding me?
Old 05-10-2012, 06:30 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've always given Pryor the benefit of doubt but this "God's work" statement is a disgrace to all of the "well-to-do" people in the Jeannette, Greensburg, Irwin, Latrobe-area that have been "helping out" Terrelle and his family since he was in Jr. High.

Sad.
Old 05-10-2012, 07:05 PM    (permalink
Rabscuttle
Veteran

Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

...and I suppose the free golf at the country club was a means for him to find the missing heat.
Rabscuttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 08:02 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The guy who drives a Nissan 350-Z, wore Gucci hats, and had a new pair of retro Jordans every month needed money so his mom could heat her house.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 08:05 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Same excuse as "I need money to put food on my family's table."
Old 05-10-2012, 09:25 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
Same excuse as "I need money to put food on my family's table."
Yeah but at least Sprewell didn't say it was "God's work."
Old 05-10-2012, 10:47 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
"Whenever I write my book, the proof will be in there, the receipt that the money I gave my mother was to pay the electric and heat bill," Pryor told Sports Illustrated. "The truth is going to come out one day when the time is right. I don't think I deserved (being punished) in that way, because of the reason I was doing it. I felt like I was doing God's work in a way, and I was getting driven into the ground."
I think that the key words are "the money I gave my mother." He chose those words, rather than something along the lines of "the money I received" or "the money I accepted."

I think that it's very believable that he spent a portion of his money to pay utility bills for his family.

Last edited by WCH : 05-10-2012 at 10:51 PM.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 11:16 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
I think that the key words are "the money I gave my mother." He chose those words, rather than something along the lines of "the money I received" or "the money I accepted."

I think that it's very believable that he spent a portion of his money to pay utility bills for his family.
Good thing he'll prove it... when he writes his book.

He's disgracing himself.
Old 05-10-2012, 11:34 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm sure there'll be plenty of unsold copies that his family can burn for heat.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 06:15 AM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
So..those seven different new cars (all registered to the same dealership) that he had at Ohio State...

Was he only taking them so he could park them in his mother's house and crank up their heaters?
My thoughts exactly.

It's great that he used money received to pay his momss bills, hell I might have considered doing the same.

However, lets not act like he risked his career just to help his mom out. He did some other really stupid things that jeopardized his career as well.

I respect him for paying his mom's bills, but this still seems like a cop out for what he did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabscuttle View Post
...and I suppose the free golf at the country club was a means for him to find the missing heat.
http://www.ncaa.com/content/ohio-state-public-reportv2

That actually never happened.

Violations included selling of memorabilia and discounted tattoos at one particular tattoo parlor (and in Pryor's case, a loan for a car and repairs to said car)

As well as some players being payed for work that they did not do.

Terrell Pryor is athlete #5 for your reference.

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Miller is visual sex on the field.

Last edited by Sloopy : 05-11-2012 at 06:45 AM.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 07:23 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
The guy who drives a Nissan 350-Z, wore Gucci hats, and had a new pair of retro Jordans every month needed money so his mom could heat her house.
Totally makes sense.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote