Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 03-30-2007, 08:03 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just hope that Beilein can get Alex Legion and Manny Harris to keep their commitments. Both of them, along with DeShawn Sims, would be a nice trio for Beilein to build around.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 08:18 PM    (permalink
JPLUFF
Veteran

JPLUFF hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think Legion stays regardless. Harris I heard might decommit depending on the coach.

I honestly prefer Lon Kruger over Beilein based on experience, but that's just my opinion.
Old 03-30-2007, 09:46 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Really? I heard that Manny Harris is more likely to stay and Legion is probably gone. But I'll trust your opinion as you go to Michigan. I believe Kelvin Grady said he's staying no matter what as well.
Old 03-30-2007, 11:56 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think legion said that if harris stayed he'd stay
Old 03-31-2007, 10:16 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let me get this straight . . . Butler and Germany are off the team, and Arrington is still on it?
Old 03-31-2007, 10:28 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

Yes, Arrington is still on.
Old 03-31-2007, 11:16 AM    (permalink
Newbs24
Rookie

Newbs24 is a cocksman.Newbs24 is a cocksman.Newbs24 is a cocksman.Newbs24 is a cocksman.

Adrian is getting the 5:30 wake up call EVERY morning to do a little extra conditioning. It seems like the kid HAS a problem more than he IS a problem. I would think that is why he is getting help. I would not expect to see him start early in the year but when they need a WR to imerge along side of Super Mario, AA will be there. I think both will have over 60 catches and Mathews will be real close to it as well.
Newbs24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 01:11 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

AA is a big contributer to this team i hope he is able to stay he really stepped up when mario went down and he'll be a good #2 reciever
Old 04-02-2007, 05:16 PM    (permalink
DoWnThEfiElD
Pro Bowler

DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Let me get this straight . . . Butler and Germany are off the team, and Arrington is still on it?

Richards is off too
Old 04-02-2007, 09:49 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

Bielien to Michigan...

http://msn.foxsports.com/cbk/story/6636638
Old 04-02-2007, 09:53 PM    (permalink
Michigan
Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Pro Bowler

Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

good to see martin finally spend some money on the bball program. time to upgrade our crappy facilities...
Old 04-02-2007, 10:03 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like this move. Beilein seems to have pretty good teams without top notch recruits.
Old 04-08-2007, 10:56 AM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

harris opened up his commitment while legion said that he fits beliens schemes and sounds impressed. Im not sure harris gone is a sure thing it still sounds somewhat optimistic but hes goin to look around
Old 04-10-2007, 03:51 PM    (permalink
asmitty45
Veteran

asmitty45 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Ok, i hate UofM BUT i must say that when i visited my buddies there i saw Alan Branch and Jake Long at a club and they were both HUGE! I think theyre both solid prospects too.

And as far as legion goes, i got to see him play my old high school his junior year, when i was a senior and he still played for Country Day and he is really good, and a freak of an athlete. Good luck keeping him.

But bcuz i do bleed green and white, i must say that while you will clobber us in football, you stand absolutely NO chance against us in basketball next year. Neitzel = God.

fenikz

"Pride comes before the fall" - Mark Dantonio

35-21
asmitty45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 11:18 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

Manny Harris is staying and Alex Legion is 60/40 in favor of staying.
Old 04-12-2007, 05:57 PM    (permalink
DoWnThEfiElD
Pro Bowler

DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anybody hearing anything else about Brown. Sounds like he is going to transfer....
Old 04-12-2007, 07:13 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ok, tell me if I'm crazy. Did Woodley not play as a stand up OLB most of the time in '04? And as a stand up rush backer most of the time in '05? The reason I ask is because richdg over on the Pittsburgh board was saying he played with his hand down all 4 years. I could have sworn that at the very least he played standing up in '04, if not '05. Does anyone actually remember this or am I just thinking completely wrong here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!

Last edited by ironman4579 : 04-12-2007 at 07:15 PM.
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 07:22 PM    (permalink
woodnick
Veteran

woodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

'04 he was special team and situational pass rshing DE, but in High School he was the #1 Line backer in the nation out of Saginaw. It broke my heart when he passed on State for UM.
woodnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 07:56 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodnick View Post
'04 he was special team and situational pass rshing DE, but in High School he was the #1 Line backer in the nation out of Saginaw. It broke my heart when he passed on State for UM.
With over 70 tackles, including that 11(12?) tackle performance in the Rose Bowl, plus earning All conference honors as a linebacker, I really don't think he was a simply a situational pass rushing DE.

Quote:

Old 04-12-2007, 07:58 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

Woodley was and OLB in 2004 when we ran the 3-4 fulltime and then we switched in 2005 to a 4-3/3-4 hybrid in which Woodley played as an OLB when we gave 3-4 looks and a 4-3 when we gave 4-3 looks.
Old 04-12-2007, 08:02 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots-Lions View Post
Woodley was and OLB in 2004 when we ran the 3-4 fulltime and then we switched in 2005 to a 4-3/3-4 hybrid in which Woodley played as an OLB when we gave 3-4 looks and a 4-3 when we gave 4-3 looks.
That's exactly what I said in the Pittsburgh forum. richdg keeps telling me I'm wrong, and Woodley only played with his hand down. I just wanted to make sure at least one other person remembered that.

Quote:

Old 04-13-2007, 11:54 AM    (permalink
Newbs24
Rookie

Newbs24 is a cocksman.Newbs24 is a cocksman.Newbs24 is a cocksman.Newbs24 is a cocksman.

Grady has an ACL tear and it now looks like Carlos Brown will be staying put at Michigan. Still up in the air but it looks better now. He will be the 3rd string back but I would expect for him to get some plays on offense, defense and returning kicks/punts.
Newbs24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 08:34 AM    (permalink
Michigan
Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Pro Bowler

Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

meh... i woulda preferred CB at corner. was excited when i heard he was impressive in spring drills there.
Old 04-15-2007, 02:28 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was wondering what you guys could tell me about david baas, the C/G who was drafted in the 2nd round of the 05 draft? I never really got to see him play as i never saw any of his games he played in the NFL. What did you think of him from his time at Michigan?

Last edited by 49ersfan_87 : 04-15-2007 at 02:31 PM.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 05:58 PM    (permalink
jbombul
Rookie

jbombul hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.jbombul hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
I was wondering what you guys could tell me about david baas, the C/G who was drafted in the 2nd round of the 05 draft? I never really got to see him play as i never saw any of his games he played in the NFL. What did you think of him from his time at Michigan?
hes a solid, not spectacular lineman lol if that makes any sense. i believe he was a 3 year starter correct me if im wrong. hes a traditional michigan guard solid run blocker. he didn't see alot of time at michigan as a center i believe alex stenavich (sp) was our center during that time sorry i can't provide more
jbombul is offline   Reply With Quote