Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 05-10-2012, 10:00 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Dallas won't pass on a QB if one falls to them at Pick 32.
I really wouldn't mind seeing the Cowboys win a SB.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 10:35 PM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wide Right View Post
A lot of teams have over reached for QB's the past 2 years that the Bills, Chiefs are sitting kinda pretty.

But it all depends on who declares next year. We know Tyler Wilson, Matt Barkley, Landry Jones, EJ Manuel, Mike Glennon and Geno Smith will be available but what happens with Tyler Bray, Logan Thomas, Casey Pachall, Aaron Murray?

If two of those underclassmen declare we could be talking about 5 QB's in the Top 15 and 8 in the Top 42. The new CBA will allow a lot of teams to trade up to get their guy like we saw this year.

also could see some not live up to expectations and fall

cred 2 BoneKrusher
kwilk103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 01:00 AM    (permalink
Big Bird
Rookie

Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Sanchez just got a big extension, so I doubt they cut him loose after this year. I think Jim Harbaugh is confident/arrogant enough in his abilities that he'll be fine without a top QB pick. He may be right, too. You really think Landry Jones is a potential franchise QB?

And no I don't believe in Gabbert at all. But I don't think Gene Smith will be fired anytime soon, and Smith is locked in with Gabbert as his QB of the future. But it's hard to know what to expect with the new owner.
Do I really think Landry Jones is a franchise QB? What is so scary about this guy? He has future franchise QB written all over him. One of the few college guys with an incredible arm that isn't afraid to use it. It gets him into trouble every now and then sure, but this guy has such exceptional talent. I think people think of "Oklahoma quarterbacks" and try to write him off, but he is more talented than even Sam Bradford.
Big Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 01:36 AM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see what's wrong with Cleveland taking a 1st round QB...

Their curent rookie quarterback will be in his 30's by the 2013 season. Might as well draft a quarterback for the future.
Old 05-11-2012, 05:12 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbears13 View Post
I don't see what's wrong with Cleveland taking a 1st round QB...

Their curent rookie quarterback will be in his 30's by the 2013 season. Might as well draft a quarterback for the future.
Unless its a top ten caliber QB prospect I don't see it being worth drafting a QB for CLE.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 06:19 AM    (permalink
ChiefMojo
Rookie

ChiefMojo hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

On the surface Kansas City is a shoe-in for a QB but the problem is KC may already have Cassel's replacement in KC in Ricky Stanzi. Stanzi just needs to be given a shot with the #1's to determine if he isn't the guy for the future first. He has the size and all the tools to be a very good NFL QB.
ChiefMojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 06:33 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefMojo View Post
On the surface Kansas City is a shoe-in for a QB but the problem is KC may already have Cassel's replacement in KC in Ricky Stanzi. Stanzi just needs to be given a shot with the #1's to determine if he isn't the guy for the future first. He has the size and all the tools to be a very good NFL QB.
I don't think that is the case. I love Stanzi, but he couldn't even beat out Tyler Palko and KC brought in Brady Quinn instead of giving Stanzi the back-up job.

I will say two things:

1. Not all of these "1st round QBs" will be locks for the 1st when we hit the draft.

2. Teams with veteran QBs will emerge if they take a step back. I'm sure the market for QBs will once again be very big.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 07:27 AM    (permalink
Bixby (Thumper)
Rookie

Location: "Everybody sounds like Meryl Streep with a gun to their head."
Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
1. Not all of these "1st round QBs" will be locks for the 1st when we hit the draft.
Who all is in play for round 1 at this point? I'd say Logan Thomas, Matt Barkley, Geno Smith, Keith Price, Mike Glennon, Tyler Wilson and Tyler Bray are all potential round 1 picks at this point.
Bixby (Thumper) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 08:14 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bixby View Post
Who all is in play for round 1 at this point? I'd say Logan Thomas, Matt Barkley, Geno Smith, Keith Price, Mike Glennon, Tyler Wilson and Tyler Bray are all potential round 1 picks at this point.
Landry Jones

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 05-11-2012, 11:23 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Casey Pachall
Old 05-11-2012, 12:12 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Denard Robinson

J/K, guys. I just wanted to be the first to say it.

Last edited by WCH : 05-11-2012 at 12:17 PM.
WCH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 12:25 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Can someone explain to me the love for Glennon as a possible first round pick? From what I've watched of him, he's nothing more than a developmental prospect at this point.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 12:30 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
Unless its a top ten caliber QB prospect I don't see it being worth drafting a QB for CLE.
On paper Cleveland has the toughest schedule this season and we're starting a rookie QB. Barring something miraculous the Browns ought to be the favorites for #1 overall. If Mr. Weeden (plan B) just plays so so or gets hurt or both there will be hard decisions to make. Don't think anyone has ever taken back to back 1st round QBs but we just drafted the oldest 1st round prospect ever and there's the new cba. ... just sayin.

Flip side is he plays well but we're still top 3 and get a Rams like compensation deal to move down. Worst case is he just plays so so but we win more games than we should...blah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 12:30 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Can someone explain to me the love for Glennon as a possible first round pick? From what I've watched of him, he's nothing more than a developmental prospect at this point.
I don't see Glennon or Pachall as possibilities, but not many would have said Cam or RGIII at this point before their drafts.

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 05-11-2012, 12:32 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's that rocket launcher coming out of his shoulder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 12:54 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I see EJ Manuel getting some love out there, but I don't like the thought myself.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 01:12 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My guess is that by next year, the Ponder, Locker and Gabbert experements will be decided and some of them could be looking again at a QB. You'd be surprised how quickly a coaching staff can decide if a QB has that 'it' quality.
KC and Oakland could be looking, ditto for Buffalo, Miami, Denver, Dallas, Arizona, San Fran and Seattle. There is always a demand for quality QB's and next year will be no different.
Old 05-11-2012, 02:07 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Honestly I don't see K-Poo coming out this year. I think he's gonna stay one more and should stay one more.

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 02:32 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
My guess is that by next year, the Ponder, Locker and Gabbert experements will be decided and some of them could be looking again at a QB. You'd be surprised how quickly a coaching staff can decide if a QB has that 'it' quality.
KC and Oakland could be looking, ditto for Buffalo, Miami, Denver, Dallas, Arizona, San Fran and Seattle. There is always a demand for quality QB's and next year will be no different.
I don't think MIN, JAX or TEN would dare spend a 1st on a QB. No way. MIA (Tannehill), DEN (Oseweiler), SF (Kaepernick) won't either. DAL won't because they'll put it off. ARZ gave up too much for Kolb, and none of these prospects are 100% clear cut upgrades over him anyway.

2 years from now, let's say these teams let their rookie QB sit for a year... what's the cap hit on Buffalo if they cut Fitz in 2014? Cap hit on Seattle if they cut Flynn in 2014?

Not sure about OAK. Are they smart enough to move on from the Palmer/Pryor experiments so soon?

KC will probably look at one for sure.
Old 05-11-2012, 02:41 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Not sure about OAK. Are they smart enough to move on from the Palmer/Pryor experiments so soon?
With Reggie McKenzie in charge now, he won't hesitate to bring in his "own guy" at quarternback if Palmer fails to play well this season. He has zero connection to some of the poor choices/decisions of the recent past so it won't be difficult for him to let go of dead weight.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 02:46 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yep...the Al Davis days are gone and hopefully McKenzie proves to be the real deal.

Starting my Wilson to Oak campaign now. Hopefully Barkley and Bray get all the nuthuggers and Wilson falls to Oak

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Old 05-11-2012, 03:26 PM    (permalink
ChiefMojo
Rookie

ChiefMojo hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Lets just say Palko playing over Stanzi had nothing to do with Stanzi's ability. There were other factors behind the scenes why Stanzi didn't play last year and that came from the top (Pioli). Also Palko ONLY played because of Haley and nothing more.
ChiefMojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 03:57 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
Yep...the Al Davis days are gone and hopefully McKenzie proves to be the real deal.

Starting my Wilson to Oak campaign now. Hopefully Barkley and Bray get all the nuthuggers and Wilson falls to Oak
Wilson has plenty of nuthuggers too.

Any QB that you'll want should have a lot of nuthuggers. It's the ones that don't that you have to worry about. LOL. Nuthuggers FTW!
Old 05-11-2012, 04:38 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Wilson has plenty of nuthuggers too.

Any QB that you'll want should have a lot of nuthuggers. It's the ones that don't that you have to worry about. LOL. Nuthuggers FTW!
O I know...what I meant to say...Barkley ad Bray can have MOST the nuthuggers. This is about who has the least haha

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 05-11-2012, 05:20 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He definitely has a number of flaws that need to be corrected, but he's still playing a full season of football.