Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 05-07-2012, 04:30 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
Jacoby Jones visits the Ravens. Thoughts? I know America didnt want him but he can fill the need as a PR for us.
While Ozzie and co. have said they like the guys we have at wideout, signing Jacoby would indicate they weren't completely satisfied even if Jacoby is coming for a PR/KR role, because he'd be taking one of the gameday spots for the young guys. I'd like to see Tandon Doss produce, but I'm skeptical after last years ineptitude. I like Streeter as a development guy and I know the coaches like LaQuan Williams as a special teams guy. Regardless of whether or not we sign J.Jones, I expect David Reed to be cut. Although Jacoby had that disastrous fumble in the playoff game returning a punt, he still can be good in that capacity, despite most always making mistakes at the worst time. But his inconsistency just drives me crazy and I'd prefer seeing the younger guys develop.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 04:34 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would like him because he gives us a legit vertical threat besides Smith. I love Doss but Pitta/Dickson/Boldin are all fine short to intermediate targets. Get Jones and make him a deep threat for us is able to help Smith out. I agree Williams is a great special team guy, streeter a good developmental guy and Reed will probably get an injury settlement and get outta here.
Old 05-08-2012, 05:56 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We just signed Jacoby Jones. I like this pick up. A great deep threat and PR guy.
Old 05-08-2012, 06:08 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just hope the change of scenery will be good for him. Two of my favorite Texans (Leach and Pollard) turned out well for us last year.
Old 05-08-2012, 06:18 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

What was his biggest issues in Houston? I remember in the regular season he torched us for a deep TD.
Old 05-08-2012, 08:39 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the special team errors he had vs. us in the playoffs pushed him out the door in Houston.

Outside of those, I do believe he was a solid return man. Him and Asa Jackson should compete for our KR/PR jobs.
Old 05-08-2012, 08:52 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just don't count on him as a receiver more than running a vertical.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:56 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Just don't count on him as a receiver more than running a vertical.
Meh I can live with that. Outside of Torrey, everyone else we have is basically just an underneath guy.
Old 05-09-2012, 03:47 AM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not overly crazy for either move I like Jacoby Jones but that's too much money and there is no need to extend Pollard through 2015. I'm ok with them but not going crazy for either one.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 10:34 AM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
Not overly crazy for either move I like Jacoby Jones but that's too much money and there is no need to extend Pollard through 2015. I'm ok with them but not going crazy for either one.
Yea 7 mil is a bit much for a guy who may only impact the return game. I know we struggled in that department last year but it doesn't mean we didn't overpay.

He has the ability to run 9 routes but I don't think defenses will be sweating him taking the top off.

Still, I like that we addressed the return game.

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Miller is visual sex on the field.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 10:46 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He would have been a free agent after this season. I don't see anything wrong with the move.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 11:00 AM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

Quote:
What was his biggest issues in Houston? I remember in the regular season he torched us for a deep TD.
Jacoby's biggest issue was overall inconsistency. He struggled getting separation, and he had lapses in concentration in the return game and locating the ball. Basically, every good play was followed by an equally bad play. He's a great athlete and has good size so I'm sure he'll help as a #3. He was forced into to much playing time with Andre out and Kevin Walter not being that effective either.
Old 05-09-2012, 06:17 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
He would have been a free agent after this season. I don't see anything wrong with the move.
This is a guy who has a history of having 1 good year then declining in every system he's been in, no need to lock him up right now.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 07:24 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

Quote:
This is a guy who has a history of having 1 good year then declining in every system he's been in, no need to lock him up right now.
Can't speak for the Chiefs, but he was completely misused in Houston, especially in his second season there, when they tried to play him like Ed Reed. I would say it's more of the system being flawed than a consistent 2nd year decline.
Old 05-10-2012, 04:14 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Reports are we offered a 3rd for Osi. I geuss it really is superbowl or bust this year.
Old 05-10-2012, 09:42 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Reports are we offered a 3rd for Osi. I geuss it really is superbowl or bust this year.
Aaron Wilson is saying 'it's extremely unlikely to happen'.
Old 05-11-2012, 06:05 AM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/pos...dd-two-players

This is the kind of stuff I want to see, I love Yanda. I know he didn't lose any money on it, but it's still a nice gesture.

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 05-12-2012, 01:56 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ravens fans should check this out:

http://www.advancednflstats.com/2012...agent-rbs.html

Very interesting article about running back contracts. The article concludes that top-tier running backs are worth roughly $6 million per season, but Rice seems like a lock to get a significantly bigger contract.
Old 05-12-2012, 08:20 AM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
Ravens fans should check this out:

http://www.advancednflstats.com/2012...agent-rbs.html

Very interesting article about running back contracts. The article concludes that top-tier running backs are worth roughly $6 million per season, but Rice seems like a lock to get a significantly bigger contract.
I tend to agree but it the FO is in a position of being damned if they do damned if they don't, very similar to Flacco's extension.

You could say, "no we aren't paying you what you want," but they will walk. If you let either walk, you better start packing up your office.

End of the day, I am more okay with paying Rice the money than Flacco

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 05-12-2012, 09:48 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree completely; Rice is more essential to Baltimore's success than Flacco. Have there been any rumors regarding what the Ravens are going to pay either?
Old 05-12-2012, 10:27 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nope, it's rare to hear anything like that with the Ravens. I'm not too worried about their potential contracts though. The team has done a good job with the last few big deals they've given out. Rice deserves the money he's going to get (no way the team lets him walk) and I've already prepared myself to expect Flacco to be overpaid. He's a QB that's won a ton of games already. I would expect just about any team to give him a lot of money if they were in the Ravens situation. That's not really an excuse but I've accepted it as just the way it is. Of course I don't think Flacco is a bad QB either, he's above average and I think he's good enough to win the team a Superbowl with the talent around him.
Old 05-12-2012, 07:38 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

http://www.baltimorebeatdown.com/201...ravens-rookies

I wont bog this down with quotes, but a few key points:

- Upshaw looking good at multiple positions and had a good showing in coverage.

- KO looking good athleticism/feet

- Streeter in extremely good shape and had a great showing

- Also we signed 20 UDFAs

Looking good

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 05-13-2012, 06:53 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

But really what rookie camp reports are ever negative unless a guy comes in out of shape like AJ Jenkins did in San Francisco. However I do think Osemele could be the guy being looked over with all the attention on Upshaw because I do believe if he performs well he changes the dynamic of the offense.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 07:01 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
But really what rookie camp reports are ever negative unless a guy comes in out of shape like AJ Jenkins did in San Francisco. However I do think Osemele could be the guy being looked over with all the attention on Upshaw because I do believe if he performs well he changes the dynamic of the offense.
I agree with this. Grubbs was a really good player for the Ravens but he wasn't a big factor in the running game. I've felt that part of the offense has been inconsistent the past couple of seasons and adding a guy who can potentially be dominant in that area inside is great. Of course if Reid wins the battle the run-blocking is going to be better as well.
Old 05-13-2012, 07:20 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm telling you, Asa Jackson will be a player for Baltimore. Loved the pick, love the player. Really think we found something there, good to hear he's looking sharp so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote