Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 05-13-2012, 08:17 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Margus Hunt, DE, SMU

DE Margus Hunt, Senior, Southern Methodist

6'8 290 4.6 (est), 36" vert, 35 reps, 82" wingspan

Although he recently has gotten some hype and notoriety for being atop Bruce Feldman's annual freaks list, Margus Hunt was on bored of education and my radar and was a favorite of ours coming into last season. Just letting everyone know in advance that we will be leading the Margus Hunt bandwagon much like we did with Poe.

Now that we got that out of the way, a little bit of back story on him...he's an Estonian native who moved to the states when he was 16/17 to train with some coach in Dallas for discuss (a sport in which he holds the junior world record). He couldn't get a scholarship for discuss so he tried out for the football team at SMU and got a full ride. He set an NCAA record in his first year ever playing football as a freshman with 7 blocked kicks in a season and now has 14 in his career.

BOE and I both believe that come next April, Margus Hunt will be a top 20 pick in the 2013 NFL draft. Like Poe, as a defensive lineman he is just way too big, way too strong and way too athletic not to go early. There are freaks and then there's Margus Hunt. His production was lacking this year but he was still so green when it comes to football and was a rotational player playing a position that doesn't get stats anyway (3-4 DE mainly). Heading into his 4th year of football as a full time starter, I see no reason at all not to expect his production to show noticeable improvement. His last game (the Pitt game below) was the last game of the season and really was his breakout game. Hopefully he can carry that into next year. 3-4 DE is probably his best spot but he could also be a base DE/nickel DT in a 40 front. Obviously he is still very raw and is a ways away Hunt is a moldable piece of clay with unlimited potential. When next off-season rolls around he will one of the most coveted defensive line prospects in the draft, just watch.

Last edited by TACKLE : 05-15-2012 at 12:42 PM.
TACKLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 08:22 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't need to read past his height, weight, vert, and 40 time. Sign me up.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 08:42 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been following him for a couple of years now and I agree. He is one of those giant men where you look at him and say, "He only weighs 280?" I would really be surprised if he isn't actually heavier than that. I could easily see him handling 300 pounds on his frame without missing a beat. Would be a great fit with a team like the Giants that like to move people around a lot.
stlouisfan37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 08:44 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I had heard a little bit of buzz about him towards the end of last season. It was certainly hard not to notice him in that Bowl game against Pittsburgh. Beyond that and the workout numbers, I really don't know a whole lot about him though. He's certainly someone I want to find a whole lot more about. The length and athleticism show up right away when you go and watch him. Those things well could end up taking him very far. The one thing I don't like in the extremely preliminary look I've taken about him is how often he loses the initial battle. Leverage issues are almost to be expected when you're 6'8, so there's some of that...but he doesn't seem to play with a whole lot of violence or aggression. When he does win, he does it in a major way and in a hurry. There's little reason that he should be getting pushed back ever and there's a bit too much of that. As already mentioned, he may benefit quite a bit from adding some weight. That may not be as easy for him as it could be for some prospects, as he's going to be 25 in a few months and 26 by the time he reaches the NFL.

He's certainly an interesting player to watch develop next year though. Exciting potential.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 05-13-2012 at 08:53 PM.
ElectricEye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 08:55 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlouisfan37 View Post
I've been following him for a couple of years now and I agree. He is one of those giant men where you look at him and say, "He only weighs 280?" I would really be surprised if he isn't actually heavier than that. I could easily see him handling 300 pounds on his frame without missing a beat. Would be a great fit with a team like the Giants that like to move people around a lot.
For sure. I think he's easily 290+ when the combine comes. Probably would want to avoid getting too close to 300 because the heavier he gets, the less appealing he would be to 43 teams methinks (unless they want to play him at DT).
Old 05-13-2012, 09:07 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
For sure. I think he's easily 290+ when the combine comes. Probably would want to avoid getting too close to 300 because the heavier he gets, the less appealing he would be to 43 teams methinks (unless they want to play him at DT).
From the way he looks build wise, he may be able to handle more than that and still play end in a 4-3. You don't want him blowing up and letting himself go certainly, but he's extremely lean for 280 pounds. Either way, I'm not sure he plays with the requisite power and leverage to play tackle any more than situationally. Small sample size to what I've seen, but in the early goings he looks like a pure end prospect in either scheme to me.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 09:29 PM    (permalink
ChiefMojo
Rookie

ChiefMojo hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Sure you may want to limit his size if your looking at him as a 4-3 guy but in reality he is probably best fit in a 3-4 as a 5-Tech. As a 5-Tech, he could go north of 300-pounds and it would be 100% accepted.
ChiefMojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 09:41 PM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Very interesting, and who would not love those measurables, but still the kid has not been productive really, 28 tackles and 7.5 for a loss all of last season? 3 sacks and they were all in the bowl game for last year?

Great height but not sure he has the power or strength, being tall is fine, blocking kicks is fine but he has to really have a breakout year to be a 1st round pick, seriously.

Poe had rare athletic ability for a NT, but you can find tall athletic DE's a lot easier than a 350+ pound NT than runs under a 5.0 40.

Not a fan of Poe mind you, but Hunt will have to actually be productive to be a high pick, unlike Poe did because again lot easier to find tall athletic DE's than a big NT.

All of these guys are 6-5 + DEs that have a lot of ability as well.

William Gholston Michigan State JR
Devin Taylor South Carolina
Cornellius Carradine Florida State
Earl Okine Florida
Craig Roh Michigan
Tyler Hoover Michigan State
Gerald Rivers Ole Miss
Colton Miles-Nash Arkansas

One to keep an eye on that is for sure, but will see if he can live up to just being a 6-8 DE.
Old 05-13-2012, 10:21 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thanks for posting this TACKLE, I am deffenitly on the band wagon for this kid. Freak measurables and athletic ability. Love his quickness of the line and his power too. Incredible potential. I think he ends up seeing a JJ Watt type rise and going top 20 if he keeps progressing. One team will fall in love with his size, and athletic ability and will take him hoping they get a JPP/Aldon Smith/JJ Watt type player.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 11:36 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Strength is not an issue for Hunt. He was a top Euro ranked discus thrower as a junior competitor and is expected to put up over 30+ reps in the bp at the combine.

Margus plays low and has good bend for a 6'8 dlineman and when he gets that leg drive going he absolutely can overwhelm almost any OT, either disengaging to pursue or driving a 300+#OT into the backfield.

I like him much better than Poe because of his motor and the fact he's been an elite athlete in another sport and knows how to compete.

In a weird way he reminds of former KC RB Christian Okoye when he played for Pacific after being a nationally ranked discus thrower from Nigeria. Great natural physical tools and competitiveness, he just needs to get a better feel for the game.

IMO he's a 34 DE all day, but probably is versatile and athletic enough to get it done in in 43 as a strongside DE.

I love it that Margus Hunt engulfs passing lanes by standing up and raising one arm!!!lol

I think Hunt is a near lock to go in the first 32 picks.

One to watch for the 2012 season. It would be nice to see his game build on his dominating performance against Pitt.
Old 05-14-2012, 01:42 AM    (permalink
Bixby (Thumper)
Rookie

Location: "Everybody sounds like Meryl Streep with a gun to their head."
Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's been on my radar ever since I watched them play Texas A&M last year and he blocked a kick. Freakish ability, sure but if I'm remembering correctly (and it's entirely possible that I'm not), he wasn't a full time defensive player.
Bixby (Thumper) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 03:39 AM    (permalink
whatadai
Veteran

whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can see him being a successful LE in a 4-3.
whatadai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 03:51 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really like Hunt, but he's a bit old for a top 20 pick. iirc he was born in 1987...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 04:00 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
I really like Hunt, but he's a bit old for a top 20 pick. iirc he was born in 1987...
It's a valid concern but if I recall correctly, Peria Jerry was a 25 year old rookie and he was still taken in the early 20's.
Old 05-14-2012, 04:01 AM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He's only 24 now, 25 come draft time. I think he plays too high at this point just based off of that tape. You can stand up and bullrush through Pitt's line, but the NFL is a different animal. If he works on that...holy ****. I think 25 is as old as I'd go with a first rounder especially considering the position he plays. To people saying he could play DT, no way. He's already thin and as noted earlier if leverage is an issue at end, no way can you play tackle. The interesting part about this guy is that he could stay the same weight and switch to tight end and with his hand strength be a commodity in the league if he wants to make the big bucks. I'd have to see more of him to determine what I think his true value will be in April.

Compliments of TACKLE

Gamertag/PSN: theboywonder44
TheBoyWonder22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 04:19 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's a valid concern but if I recall correctly, Peria Jerry was a 25 year old rookie and he was still taken in the early 20's.
Yup... Like I said, I like him. I think he's the best looking 5-tech for next year's draft right now. But if I had to chose between him or Okafor I'd go with Okafor just because I've got a bigger chance of getting a starter for the next 10+ years than I do with Hunt. I'd put Hunt in the first round, but I don't think he'll be a top 20 pick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 07:09 AM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bjoern Werner is a junior DE on Florida State, sure all know him of course.

6-4 272 from Germany.

37 tackles, 7 sacks, 11 TFL, 1 FF, 8 Pass Def, 1 INT

Far more productive year compared to Hunt.

Sure he was surrounded by more talent, but also played against better players as well. I say again Hunt's statistical production is going to mean a lot if one believes he is a 1st round pick.
Old 05-14-2012, 07:22 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Danny Watkins was 27 when he was drafted I believe and we all know about Weeden. With the new CBA I do not think the age thing is as much of a hindrance as it once was.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 08:14 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
Bjoern Werner is a junior DE on Florida State, sure all know him of course.

6-4 272 from Germany.

37 tackles, 7 sacks, 11 TFL, 1 FF, 8 Pass Def, 1 INT

Far more productive year compared to Hunt.

Sure he was surrounded by more talent, but also played against better players as well. I say again Hunt's statistical production is going to mean a lot if one believes he is a 1st round pick.
Hunt was a part time player last season and still had only 10 less tackles than Werner.
I agree he's going to have to be more than just potential to become a top 20 pick in 2013, but this season will be his first as a fulltime starter. Also Werner played two years of HS football, Margus didn't even know what American football was until he showed up at SMU to train for track.
Old 05-14-2012, 08:28 AM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sounds nice but how many 6-8 DL are there in the sport? Calais Campbell and then....? He isn't anywhere near Campbell at Miami in his pre-draft seasons.
Old 05-14-2012, 11:24 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Somewhat reminiscent of Watt.
Old 05-14-2012, 03:56 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Most already project him to go in that range, right?

Last edited by D-Unit : 05-14-2012 at 11:44 PM.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 07:29 PM    (permalink
ChiefMojo
Rookie

ChiefMojo hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Ropati Pitoitua now of the Kansas City Chiefs (was New York Jets) is 6'8", 315-pound 5-Tech.

In reality I expect Margus to get up to the 315-325 pound range when all is said and done and be a quality 5-Tech in the NFL. No one expects him to make a impact right away but with his athletic ability and size, he could turn into a tremendous player in time. Technique and continued work on leverage will be his key to success.
ChiefMojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 09:49 AM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefMojo View Post
Ropati Pitoitua now of the Kansas City Chiefs (was New York Jets) is 6'8", 315-pound 5-Tech.

In reality I expect Margus to get up to the 315-325 pound range when all is said and done and be a quality 5-Tech in the NFL. No one expects him to make a impact right away but with his athletic ability and size, he could turn into a tremendous player in time. Technique and continued work on leverage will be his key to success.
Sounds like the kind of guy you pick late in Day 2/early-mid Day 3 unless he absolutely explodes.

Pito is a statue...part of that is the knee injury, but the knee injury is part of the danger of playing football at 6'8" (or just playing football).
Old 05-15-2012, 09:59 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
300 isn't a big deal. It's body type and not size. I'd put Ngata at 43 DE on lots of teams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
Margus didn't even know what American football was until he showed up at SMU to train for track.
But what was he training to track?

/s (how does a 6'8" 280lb man compete on the track team!?!?)

Quote:
If you can take a 28.9999 year old at 22, then you can easily take a 25 year old at 20.

Last edited by descendency : 05-15-2012 at 10:04 AM.
descendency is offline   Reply With Quote