Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 05-13-2012, 09:46 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bleacher report?

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 09:48 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This list seems so random how is Chung that low? And how the **** do you put Weedle ahead of Reed, thats just nonsense
Old 05-13-2012, 09:50 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, that list doesn't do much for the argument either way.

Although, around 20 is where I would guess I would have DeCoud. Obviously, don't have enough info on most teams' FSs.

Old 05-13-2012, 09:56 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd probably put him in the 15-20 range.
Old 05-14-2012, 08:46 AM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
Bleacher report?
I don't get how people still disrespect us at B/r. We actually care now. Because of Matt Miller, I've joined them. As crazy as it sounds, it's a great organization and is the 4th largest sports publication right now.

Owner of ScarDraft
Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report
scar988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 11:54 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

I don't know if I respect BR at all, but your own Matt Miller has DeCoud as 20th in the NFL at the position.

Old 05-14-2012, 01:59 PM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't know if I respect BR at all, but your own Matt Miller has DeCoud as 20th in the NFL at the position.
That's because it was bad before about 2 years ago... however, if you check the Falcons page over there, I've been writing some good, informed stuff.

And I'm objective on Decoud. is he the best S in the NFL? no. But everyone here is treating him like he needs to be benched and is a bottom 5 S in the NFL.

Owner of ScarDraft
Old 05-14-2012, 02:12 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think people want him benched because he isn't particularly good. The absolute dearth of talent at the S position needs to be noted if we're talking overall rankings though. I guess I fall somewhere in between in this debate.
Old 05-14-2012, 02:34 PM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
I think people want him benched because he isn't particularly good. The absolute dearth of talent at the S position needs to be noted if we're talking overall rankings though. I guess I fall somewhere in between in this debate.
they want him benched because they don't see all that he does. He's a lot liek Ryan Clark in that he gets everyone else in perfect position before a play but may not be in perfect position himself. Something Tim Lewis has noticed and is working with him this season.

Owner of ScarDraft
Old 05-14-2012, 02:35 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe he can also work on not taking atrocious angles.
Old 05-14-2012, 02:49 PM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

Quote:
The scheme will help him a lot with that. they won't have him covering those weird mid-tier zones in Nolan's scheme. Nolan uses his safeties very vertically in the formations. Deep drops. zones in front of them blitzes. that's pretty much it.

Owner of ScarDraft
Old 05-14-2012, 03:01 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by scar988 View Post
The scheme will help him a lot with that. they won't have him covering those weird mid-tier zones in Nolan's scheme. Nolan uses his safeties very vertically in the formations. Deep drops. zones in front of them blitzes. that's pretty much it.

Definitely a much better fit for DeCoud.
Old 05-14-2012, 03:09 PM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

Quote:
Definitely a much better fit for DeCoud.
lol, I didn't mean line up vertically. I was talking how they were actually used. of Decoud's 4 picks last year 3 of them were deep center half or deep center 1/3 coverages that Nolans likes using his FS in.

Owner of ScarDraft
Old 05-14-2012, 03:21 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think TE has to be the #1 need bc Tony will prob be retired and there is no depth behind him.
Old 05-14-2012, 05:08 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
lol, I didn't mean line up vertically. I was talking how they were actually used. of Decoud's 4 picks last year 3 of them were deep center half or deep center 1/3 coverages that Nolans likes using his FS in.

I knew what you meant; I was agreeing that's he's a better fit in the more "center field" role he should be in.
Old 05-14-2012, 05:35 PM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

Quote:
I knew what you meant; I was agreeing that's he's a better fit in the more "center field" role he should be in.
yeah, it's what he played in 2009 and no one was calling for his head. If he was in that role instead of the weird zones that BVG ran, he would be better.

Owner of ScarDraft
Old 05-14-2012, 05:37 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Ah 2009. The way we felt about William Moore then, we feel about DeCoud now and vice versa.
Old 05-14-2012, 05:39 PM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

Quote:
Ah 2009. The way we felt about William Moore then, we feel about DeCoud now and vice versa.
exactly. Although, I think both players will be amazing this year in the new scheme.

Owner of ScarDraft
Old 05-15-2012, 11:23 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Yeah, I don't see the Ryan Clark comparison. Clark is a hammer against the run and DeCoud's strength is definitely not the run game, IMO.

Old 05-15-2012, 11:58 AM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

Quote:
Yeah, I don't see the Ryan Clark comparison. Clark is a hammer against the run and DeCoud's strength is definitely not the run game, IMO.
Decoud is one of the better run defenders out there. He misses tackles here and there sure, but countless times have we seen him stuff someone behind the line.

Owner of ScarDraft
Old 05-15-2012, 02:32 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

He's aggressive and does do well for a safety behind the line. But he misses too many tackles with bad angles.

Old 05-15-2012, 06:03 PM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

Quote:
He's aggressive and does do well for a safety behind the line. But he misses too many tackles with bad angles.
There's probably 5-6 a year he missed due to a bad angle. he's gonna miss 8-10 total a year... but the average safety will miss 15-17 tackles a year. So he's still better than average... but now he will at least be a better fit for the scheme.

Owner of ScarDraft
Old 05-15-2012, 11:10 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like DeCoud in the run game. He is not afraid of anything and really gives up his body all the time to make the play. The problem I have with him is in the passing game, we need our FS to be around the ball all the time.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 11:42 PM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
I like DeCoud in the run game. He is not afraid of anything and really gives up his body all the time to make the play. The problem I have with him is in the passing game, we need our FS to be around the ball all the time.
and by playing him in zones that he is actually good at covering as opposed to the weird ones BVG made him cover, he will be better.

Owner of ScarDraft
Old 05-15-2012, 11:47 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
and by playing him in zones that he is actually good at covering as opposed to the weird ones BVG made him cover, he will be better.
I'm not sold on that, I will have to see it for myself, but I am a fan of Decoud and hope he plays better and sticks at FS for us. He is 27 years old and we have him cheaply for the next 5 seasons. Those are his best year, hope for the best.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is online now   Reply With Quote