Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 05-13-2012, 01:15 AM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onejayhawk View Post
I have heard that the Chiefs had the best day 3 in the NFL. It would be nice if true. Certainly they got value at every slot, with the arguable exception of Jerome Long. Various commentators have gushed over Wylie, Menzie, Gray and Hemingway, and some over more than one. I am not a big fan of Gray, but I will admit he is excellent value in the 6th.

Personally, I like the two receivers. Does anyone else think the FO was preparing for a stretch without the Showe?

J
Man, I hope not.....I kinda see Wylie as a Tim Dwight kinda player. Explosive SPecial Teamer, I think calling him wes welker is a bit of a stretch(and I think all fast slot white WR get called wes for some reason)... I guess if Pioli was expecting a a loss from Dbowe we'd go after a guy in round two or three?
Old 05-13-2012, 08:16 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, the two receivers they got have nothing to do with Bowe. They simply needed depth. It was a huge issue and has been since I can remember, but especially since 2009. They already have their insurance policy if they can't get Bowe signed with Baldwin and moving Breaston to the other outside spot if they can't get another outside guy (in this scenario, they'd pretty much have Boss & Moeaki out there in the base offense).
Old 05-14-2012, 10:20 AM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
Man, I hope not.....I kinda see Wylie as a Tim Dwight kinda player. Explosive SPecial Teamer, I think calling him wes welker is a bit of a stretch(and I think all fast slot white WR get called wes for some reason)... I guess if Pioli was expecting a a loss from Dbowe we'd go after a guy in round two or three?
Tim Dwight will work for Wylie "the Coyote". He has the kind of speed you can use on a simple go route, but he has not proven the kind of hands and elusiveness that sets Welker apart. Still, I expect him to catch a lot of passes.

I dont think the FO expects to lose Bowe. More likely they are simply trying to be prepared in case of a hold out. As you say, there is very little depth. plus, there is always 2013 to consider.

In that vein, I note the play of Josh Bellamy at orientation camp.

Of the 15 undrafted rookies participating in this weekend’s minicamp, Louisville WR Josh Bellamy was able to differentiate himself in the eyes of Romeo Crennel.

Crennel: "The free agents that we signed, they all worked hard. Bellamy, the receiver, he showed up once or twice with a burst and some quickness."

Bellamy caught 25 passes for 280 yards with two TDs last season. He has an excellent size/speed ratio running a 4.47 40-yard dash while measuring at 6-feet and 205 pounds. Bellamy also filled in at cornerback for Louisville, posting 10 tackles. His defensive experience will only help his cause for a special teams role.

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/article...b-14718a02008f

J
onejayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote