Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-14-2012, 02:11 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
True, but it's also on in the 10 to 11 pm hour. Lead ins are important but so is the timeslot you're in. And so is the type of show you are.

I just don't see a sci-fi show by JJ Abrams lasting on that day, in that timeslot, regardless of the lead in.
Also, how likely are viewers of a show like the Voice to watch a Sci-Fi show?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 05:23 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The hate for The Walking Dead on this site is just ridiculously, it is far from great but there are worse shows on TV.
Old 05-14-2012, 05:28 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There aren't many. BBT and The Killing are the only two tv shows I can think of that I'd legitimately put under The Walking Dead on a terrible TV show list.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 05:33 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I stopped watching early in season one, so what are the reasons you find it so bad?

As for why I stopped, it was the scene where the guy was handcuffed to some pipe on the roof with a hacksaw. Hacksaws are designed to cut metal. The guy cut off his hand, not the handcuff. I was done after that.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 05:48 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
There aren't many. BBT and The Killing are the only two tv shows I can think of that I'd legitimately put under The Walking Dead on a terrible TV show list.
You wanna do this?

Two and a Half Men
Two Broke Girls
Whitney
CSI Miami
The Client List
Toddlers and Tiaras
Family Guy (yes, it is worse than Walking Dead right now)
American Idol
Comic Book Men
Dexter (as of last season, we'll see otherwise)
Undercover Boss
Mike and Molly
Rob (is that still on?)
X-Factor
16 and Pregnant
Punk'd
Teen Mom
I Used to Be Fat
Touch

I can keep going.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 06:12 PM    (permalink
Lil Quip
Rookie

Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
I stopped watching early in season one, so what are the reasons you find it so bad?

As for why I stopped, it was the scene where the guy was handcuffed to some pipe on the roof with a hacksaw. Hacksaws are designed to cut metal. The guy cut off his hand, not the handcuff. I was done after that.

You seriously need to watch Mad Max.
Lil Quip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 06:19 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

TWD gets more hate because people treat it like it is some great drama, or even that it is a good one. And they flock to it because of zombiessssss (which is strange considering how little zombies are on the actual show, but I suppose since the characters are more zombie like than the actual zombies, may make sense).

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 06:44 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
You wanna do this?

Two and a Half Men
Two Broke Girls
Whitney
CSI Miami
The Client List
Toddlers and Tiaras
Family Guy (yes, it is worse than Walking Dead right now)
American Idol
Comic Book Men
Dexter (as of last season, we'll see otherwise)
Undercover Boss
Mike and Molly
Rob (is that still on?)
X-Factor
16 and Pregnant
Punk'd
Teen Mom
I Used to Be Fat
Touch

I can keep going.
I legitimately hate every single one of the shows you listed, but I still think The Walking Dead is worse. Everyone knows the shows you listed are bad, but people still argue that TWD is a great drama when it isn't. That alone makes it worse.

Old 05-14-2012, 06:48 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I legitimately hate every single one of the shows you listed, but I still think The Walking Dead is worse. Everyone knows the shows you listed are bad, but people still argue that TWD is a great drama when it isn't. That alone makes it worse.
I don't quite agree with that. Many people (not me) would say that Two and a Half Men is good television, it is one of the highest rated shows, and still gets Emmy nominations. American Idol has been among the highest rated shows for the last decade. So saying "everyone knows the shows listed are bad" just isn't accurate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 06:48 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dexter still gets nominated for EMMYS and has higher viewership than ever proclaiming it's great, so don't give me that argument and not apply it to Dexter.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 05-14-2012, 06:52 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Dexter still gets nominated for EMMYS and has higher viewership than ever proclaiming it's great, so don't give me that argument and not apply it to Dexter.
Very true, but Dexter, at one point, was a GREAT tv show. The Walking Dead has been mediocre at its best and downright awful at its worst (which is almost all the time). That alone makes Dexter a better TV show overall than The Walking Dead will EVER be.

Old 05-14-2012, 06:56 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Very true, but Dexter, at one point, was a GREAT tv show. The Walking Dead has been mediocre at its best and downright awful at its worst (which is almost all the time). That alone makes Dexter a better TV show overall than The Walking Dead will EVER be.
I was thinking the same thing, Dexter was a pretty damn enjoyable show. Family guy before cancellation was pretty funny as well although all the new stuff makes it hard to even stomach the old episodes anymore. Also, including anything on MTV isn't even fair. Its the worst channel on cable. All they do are fake reality shows, not really the same thing as a drama.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 07:09 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Family guy before cancellation was pretty funny as well

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 07:46 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Screw you guys. I liked Comic Book Men.
Old 05-14-2012, 07:59 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Holy ******* ****, How I Met Your Mother, why?
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 08:00 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Did they kill off Ted?

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 05-14-2012, 08:26 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NO BUT THEY KILLED OFF THE half of the Two and a Half men....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Old 05-14-2012, 08:32 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
apparently nothing of value was lost.
Well he was the saving grace of the show for me kinda. His pot smoking stupidity was alright. HIMYM, I have no idea what they are doing...
Old 05-14-2012, 08:34 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodapoop View Post
NO BUT THEY KILLED OFF THE half of the Two and a Half men....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 09:25 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodapoop View Post
They killed off that fat kid? Ha.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 05-14-2012, 09:46 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just finished Firefly. The finale was a let down, but overall pretty good series. Production value was pretty low, and I seriously don't buy the whole 'it's 500 years in the future yet some people still dress and live like their in 1900s Arizona', but the storytelling and characters(minus Kaylee) were very good.

Can see why it was cancelled though. Nothing about it strikes me as something that your stereotypical Fox viewer(obese, mid-30s to 40s, dumb) would find interesting. It seems more like something that would appear on SciFi, except actually good.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 05-14-2012, 10:17 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
Holy ******* ****, How I Met Your Mother, why?
mind blowing.

drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 10:23 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Just finished Firefly. The finale was a let down, but overall pretty good series. Production value was pretty low, and I seriously don't buy the whole 'it's 500 years in the future yet some people still dress and live like their in 1900s Arizona', but the storytelling and characters(minus Kaylee) were very good.

Can see why it was cancelled though. Nothing about it strikes me as something that your stereotypical Fox viewer(obese, mid-30s to 40s, dumb) would find interesting. It seems more like something that would appear on SciFi, except actually good.
I'm sorry, did you just say Kaylee wasn't a good character? Is that what he said? Did he say that guys?

I'm about to go apeshit on you Cigaro.

Old 05-14-2012, 10:29 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I'm sorry, did you just say Kaylee wasn't a good character? Is that what he said? Did he say that guys?

I'm about to go apeshit on you Cigaro.
Yup. I just found her mostly annoying.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 05-14-2012, 10:30 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Yup. I just found her mostly annoying.

RIP TheManInBlack