Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Oakland Raiders Team Forum

Oakland Raiders Team Forum Discuss the Raiders

Old 05-05-2012, 06:09 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
Both guys have visited other teams and left without deals so far and Raiders insiders have said the Raiders have interest. So hopefully this might turn out as a waiting game to see what UDFA impress teams.

Also it's rumored Tommy Kely will be used as a NT when we give a 3-4 front, with Seymour and Houston likely getting the starting jobs at DE. Tollefson will hopefully be used as a stand up pass rusher to go with Burris and Wheeler. I'm so excited to see our defense finally have an up to date scheme.
Love those 4-3/3-4 hybrid systems. I'm preferably a 4-3 guy but the hybrid Ds just appeal to me haha

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 08:17 AM    (permalink
Komp
Veteran

Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.
Default ooof

Not sure I like Kelly as a 3-4 NT....he seems too interested in getting to the QB to be a dominant run stuffer. Him/Seymour/Houston would make a fairly lethal rotation of 3/4 DE's tho, and I think Shaughnessy has the athleticism to rotate in at the rush LB spot.

3-4 NT's are born, not made.

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.
Komp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 03:44 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know if I'm sold on Kelly as a NT either, that's one of the reasons I really wanted a NT in the draft.
Stash is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 05:40 PM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Since we're likely to remain a 1 gap style defense, we don't need a clogger at NT. I'd love to have one, but that's not what this type of defense uses. We need a guy who can jump into the A gap and blow plays up. Kelly might be able to handle that.

He's certainly a better fit as a DE in a 34, but...in Dennis Allen we trust...I guess.

No offense, but your Raiders draft sucks.
Abaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 02:45 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we run the hybrid defense that's being talked about he won't be in at NT all game anyways.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Old 05-08-2012, 03:03 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
If we run the hybrid defense that's being talked about he won't be in at NT all game anyways.
Exactly, I see us being more a base 4-3, with some 3 DL looks as well. Kelly excelled at collapsing the pocket inside and he should be a good pass rushing threat at NT for us. Have Seymour and Houston/Shaughnessy at DE, with Wheeler/Burris and Tollefson standing up as pash rushers.

My Raiders Mock

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 10:24 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Was working out with Christo today, he's pretty f'ing huge. I'm really hopeful he makes your roster. He's definitely working his ass off right now.
Old 05-10-2012, 05:01 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's some non-football related Raiders news:

DHB has been charged with a DUI

DMC was seen clubbing with Rihanna according to TMZ

My Raiders Mock

Old 05-12-2012, 06:55 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Here is my projected 53 man roster for the 2012 season now that the draft is over and UDFA are signed:

QB Carson Palmer
Matt Leinart
Terrelle Pryor

RB Darren McFadden
Mike Goodson
Taiwan Jones

FB Marcel Reece
Owen Schimitt

WR Darrius Heyward-Bey
Denarius Moore

Jacoby Ford
Juron Criner
Louis Murphy

TE Brandon Myers
David Ausberry
Richard Gordon

LT Jared Veldheer
LG Cooper Carlisle
C Stefen Wisniewski
RG Mike Brisiel
RT Khalif Barnes

OT/G Tony Bergstrom
OT/G Joseph Barksdale
C Colin Miller
G Lucas Nix

4-3 Defense

DE Matt Shaughnessy
Jack Crawford

DT Tommy Kelly
Christo Bilukidi
Travis Ivey

DT Richard Seymour
Desmond Bryant

DE Lamarr Houston
Dave Tollefson

SLB Phillip Wheeler
Miles Burris

MLB Rolando McClain
Nathan Stupar

WLB Aaron Curry
Travis Goethel

CB Ron Bartell
Shawntae Spencer

DeMarcus Van Dyke
Chimdi Chekwa
Brandon Underwood

SS Tyvon Branch
Mike Mitchell
Aaron Henry

FS Michael Huff
Matt Giordano

Special Teams:

K Sebastian Janikowski
P Shane Lechler
LS Jon Condo

My Raiders Mock

Last edited by RaiderNation : 05-17-2012 at 12:53 AM.
Old 05-12-2012, 07:30 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Gooing over our Rookie MC pics...McKenzie is one ugly sombitch lol

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 05-12-2012, 07:41 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

I hope someone beats out Carlisle...I can't stand him and want him gone really bad. Barksdale or Bergstrom will have to step up and take that spot, Barksdale has been with us for a few years now and should be ready to take it...least I can hope.

I'm pulling really hard for Christo...Idk why but he's my guy from this class.

Our TE situation looks a little messy, none of those guys instill confidence in me.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 05-12-2012, 08:08 PM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We already know Stupar is a MLB now, so that's one adjustment I see.

I'm also doubting Christo makes the roster this year. Someone like Kaelin Burnett, Derek Carrier or Rod Streater would be more likely.

Also can't imagine rolling with the same 3 TEs as last season. That would be the biggest surprise of all to me.

Dropping Giordano for one of Reggie's hand picked youngsters also seems extremely likely.

That's also an ugly backfield. We need another RB in the worst way.

Old 05-13-2012, 12:27 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Benson or Grant in would be great additions to our back field to back up DMC, the team might feel comfortable with Goodson/Jones if they can stay healthy.

My Raiders Mock

Old 05-13-2012, 01:12 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

I think Christo can make it. I really want him to, idk why.

Taiwan Jones will be solid but I'd feel better with someone like Benson tbh.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 05-13-2012, 08:15 PM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Not feeling Benson or Grant at all. I'd rather gamble on some youngster in the 4 hole than pay vet minimum to either of those bottom of the barrel types.

Old 05-13-2012, 10:21 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
I think Christo can make it. I really want him to, idk why.

Taiwan Jones will be solid but I'd feel better with someone like Benson tbh.
Underdog story for life! Haha, I still think it's crazy that I guy I would hang around might be on an NFL roster. He's my older brother's friend more than anything. Here's his highlight tape, it's pretty solid. I'm not going to make any guarantees, again, he's very raw. He didn't even play football until Grade 12, he was a basketball guy throughout high school and one of the top soccer goalies in the province at an even younger age.

Old 05-15-2012, 02:42 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

So Criner made some awesome catches today according to twitter reports, and also Palmer looked like he has more zip on the ball. David Ausberry was he 2nd team TE, he's bulked up and still has the hands.

Andre Hardy was released, along with Rhett Bomar

My Raiders Mock

Old 05-15-2012, 02:48 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Was almost a sure thing Bomar would get released so no surprise there.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 05-15-2012, 03:05 PM    (permalink
GallopingGhost
Veteran

GallopingGhost is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GallopingGhost is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GallopingGhost is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GallopingGhost is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GallopingGhost is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GallopingGhost is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GallopingGhost is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GallopingGhost is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GallopingGhost is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GallopingGhost is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GallopingGhost is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post
Underdog story for life! Haha, I still think it's crazy that I guy I would hang around might be on an NFL roster. He's my older brother's friend more than anything. Here's his highlight tape, it's pretty solid. I'm not going to make any guarantees, again, he's very raw. He didn't even play football until Grade 12, he was a basketball guy throughout high school and one of the top soccer goalies in the province at an even younger age.

Kids a freaking beast, and he's a saint.
GallopingGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 10:14 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Also looks like we signed FB Owen Schimitt, who can be a blocking FB behind Reece and already has experience in Knapps offense from his Seattle days. Upgrade over Tonga

My Raiders Mock

Old 05-17-2012, 12:41 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Seems to be very likely that we bring in a veteran TE depending on how Knapp feels about our TE's. He said he thinks he are probably set at WR for now, but will see how the TE situation turns out. I think the coaching staff is hoping for Ausberry/Reece to be TE weapons on roll outs. If Ausberry can show enough in the mini camps we might not sign a TE, but if we do expect it be Visanthe Shiancoe or Jeremy Shockey . Both are vet experienced TE's that can block and still be a decent weapon in the pass game. I'm don't like the feeling of having Myers slotted in as our starting TE.

McClain court situation might have took a bad turn. A video has emerged of the incident in Alabama last year, showing McClain doing some the claimed charges on the victim. If he ends up getting a 8+ suspension we will have to look for a LB depth.

My Raiders Mock

Last edited by RaiderNation : 05-17-2012 at 12:55 AM.
Old 05-17-2012, 04:55 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

I think I'd rather roll with Shiancoe over Shockey. I used to love Shockey but not no mores!!

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 05-17-2012, 07:34 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
McClain court situation might have took a bad turn. A video has emerged of the incident in Alabama last year, showing McClain doing some the claimed charges on the victim. If he ends up getting a 8+ suspension we will have to look for a LB depth.
Sounds like he's getting 6 months jail time, there's a pretty good chance Goodell suspends the crap outta him on top of that.
Stash is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 08:07 PM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Also looks like we signed FB Owen Schimitt, who can be a blocking FB behind Reece and already has experience in Knapps offense from his Seattle days. Upgrade over Tonga
Not if you put any stock in what PFF says. Apparently, they don't like Owen at all.

Old 05-17-2012, 08:09 PM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stash View Post
Sounds like he's getting 6 months jail time, there's a pretty good chance Goodell suspends the crap outta him on top of that.
Reading now that he's set to have a trial by jury, so this sentence is meaningless now. I've never heard of such a thing, but I also don't have the funds to manipulate the justice system. It's amazing what a little money can do.