Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-12-2007, 09:10 PM    (permalink
woodsy10@

Default Where should the NFL expand next?

Another football board I use posted a similar question, so I bring it here.

Let's say that the NFL has decided to expand again. To what cities should they grant teams?

Please don't say Los Angeles, because it won't happen. A team will move there in the near future. It will be either Oakland (after Al Davis dies and his heirs have to sell the team) or Jacksonville that moves.

Also, Toronto will be covered when Ralph Wilson moves the Bills there in the next decade, so avoid that too.
Old 04-12-2007, 09:12 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nowhere. The league is watered down enough. We don't need another team to water it down some more. Id like to see us get rid of 2 teams honestly. It will bring more competition and better play to the league.

Hmmm....if I had to choose, I say it should be a southern/midwestern state that has a huge football fanbase but no NFL team.

Nebraska or Alabama?

No LA. They don't deserve a team.
Old 04-12-2007, 09:15 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Their are already enough teams. The more teams, the more watered down the talent becomes. Plus, some teams only play each other every 4 years now. It would only get worse with more teams. Keep it the way it is.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 09:15 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Las Vegas! Sooner or later a major sports league is going to have to recognize that market. I doubt it will be the NFL, probably the NHL before anyone.

San Antonio would also be a pretty obvious destination with what they did for the Saints while the Super Dome was down for the count.
Old 04-12-2007, 09:16 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

I really cant think of any city where there should be an expansion team.
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Give Milwaukee a football team; Wisconsin loves football!!!!

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
Las Vegas! Sooner or later a major sports league is going to have to recognize that market. I doubt it will be the NFL, probably the NHL before anyone.

San Antonio would also be a pretty obvious destination with what they did for the Saints while the Super Dome was down for the count.
Can you imagine the type of trouble athletes will get into if they played for Vegas?

The NBA allstar weekend there was thugz mansion. Imagine having a team there. Im highly opposed to the idea.
Old 04-12-2007, 09:17 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.

Yeah I'd agree with almost every other poster here, it's already getting to spread out that it makes it hard for games to stay competitive, and teams to face each other. 32 is a good number, lets leave it at that.
JK17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 09:17 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kentucky maybe?

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 09:18 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Milwaukee has a football team. It's called the Packers.
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 09:18 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Can you imagine the type of trouble athletes will get into if they played for Vegas?

The NBA allstar weekend there was thugz mansion. Imagine having a team there. Im highly opposed to the idea.
Oh I don't doubt that for a minute, and that is exactly why all four major sports have stayed away.
Old 04-12-2007, 09:19 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really don't want another team. 32 is fine, it keeps the confeerences and divisions with an equal number of teams. And if it is anywhere it sure as hell better not be LA, they have had there chance and California already has 3 teams.
Old 04-12-2007, 09:19 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Jag View Post
Milwaukee has a football team. It's called the Packers.
There own football team; the Packers are the city of Green Bay and Milkwaukee fans get 2 regular season games a year, but there are over 50,000 people in Wisconsin that wantr season tickets so it wouldn't be a problem to fill another stadium

Old 04-12-2007, 09:20 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Woah, woah, woah, back up there. WTF did you just say
Old 04-12-2007, 09:20 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

sacramento

My Raiders Mock

RaiderNation is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 09:21 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Woah, woah, woah, back up there. WTF did you just say
Just kdding around but they would give better fan support than Jacksonville

Old 04-12-2007, 09:22 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
I'd be pissed if they gave Milwaukee a team(I realizr it'll never happen). They would fail miserably. We love our Packers and would not leave them for an expansion team.
Old 04-12-2007, 09:24 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
I'd be pissed if they gave Milwaukee a team(I realizr it'll never happen). They would fail miserably. We love our Packers and would not leave them for an expansion team.
Probably taking things a little too literal

Old 04-12-2007, 09:24 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

I'm not anti-expansion, and I don't really think the league would be that watered down if they added another two teams, but I am not necessarily for it either.

Two other cities that would have to be considered are Oklahoma City and Salt Lake City. Who was under consideration when the Jaguars and Panthers were added? I know St. Louis and Memphis were, and both are no longer options now. I feel bad for Memphis. They REALLY wanted an NFL team. I remember living there for about a year when I was 11 and there was a huge brick building at least five floors high that had the NFL logo painted on it and had a message to the commissioner on it. I think it was Rozelle at the time, but I can't remember.
Old 04-12-2007, 09:27 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Jacksonville did much better this year. They sold all the tickets they had available. I don't think they will ever move and I think the town is one good playoff run away from really falling in love with the NFL. Seeing how pumped they got for the Monday night game against Pittsburgh was amazing. They didn't even need to cover the seats for that game...
Old 04-12-2007, 09:35 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
Kentucky maybe?
CIncy is on the border of Kentucky and Ohio

Anyway the jaguars should move to......

VIRGINIA BEACH VIRGINIA
Ottawa might be a good choice for the Bills since Ottawa lost their football team

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 09:37 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That Pittsburgh game was electric. The Steelers fans that were there did all they could to support their team... but the were slowly silenced as their team was pounded into submission.

After that game, I've never felt the team be so excited for the team. Not since the '96 playoff run.

The city is growing. The fans are growing more loyal despite a lack of a winning season--- ticket renewals are occurring at a significantly higher percentage this year then they did last year.

The Jags need to go deep into the playoffs. If they find their way into the Super Bowl in the next 3 years, you won't be able to pry this team out of Jacksonville with any amount of money.
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 09:42 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Duval County-850,000
Hampton Roads area-1,500,000

If JAX does go deep in the playoffs, sure they'll stay, but in the next 5 years things dont turn out to well, odds arent in their favor

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thomas7399

I agree with most everybody that the NFL should not expand anymore......talent is watered down as is.

If I were to select a market to move to though, it would probably be Portland, OR.....give the Seahawks at least one reasonably close away game per year.
FinChase
Veteran

FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
I'm not anti-expansion, and I don't really think the league would be that watered down if they added another two teams, but I am not necessarily for it either.

Two other cities that would have to be considered are Oklahoma City and Salt Lake City. Who was under consideration when the Jaguars and Panthers were added? I know St. Louis and Memphis were, and both are no longer options now. I feel bad for Memphis. They REALLY wanted an NFL team. I remember living there for about a year when I was 11 and there was a huge brick building at least five floors high that had the NFL logo painted on it and had a message to the commissioner on it. I think it was Rozelle at the time, but I can't remember.
That's a good thought but I suspect the NFL would consider both of those to be too small to support a team. Paul Tagliabue announced a couple of years ago that San Antonio was too small a market for a team, and they are the 7th largest city in the U.S. While I don't exactly where SLC ranks on that list, I know San Antonio is a lot bigger than OKC.
FinChase is offline   Reply With Quote