Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Who wins
FCS/Indep 2 9.09%
SEC 20 90.91%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-16-2012, 01:57 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default All Conference: Black Sheep vs Golden Child

FCS/Indep.

The underdogs, black sheep, the team no one sees coming... Can they stand up and put the beat down on the golden child of the NCAA?

Flacco has shown that he can help a good team cruise along like a well oiled machine.

He won't have a dominant RB to back him up but he certainly has a solid OL.

The real question becomes, can he get the ball out to this unreal WR corps?

On Defense, their is enough pass rush to go around.

It would be wise to consider this a 4-3 team, relegating Trusnik to the bench and bouncing Bart Scott outside.

The mean looking front seven should be helped out by a dominant secondary.

SEC

The big boys in town, the SEC might very well be the most evenly dispersed between it's teams in terms of talent.

As would be expected, the skill positions are stocked with SECZZZ SPEEDZZZZ, giving Eli Manning plenty to work with.

Furthermore, the OL should give him plenty of time in the pocket.

Another likely 4-3 team, there isn't a weak spot to be seen.

(Voting again ends Sunday at 11:59)

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Miller is visual sex on the field.

Last edited by Sloopy : 05-16-2012 at 02:58 PM.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 02:02 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

SEC in a pretty easy one here.

I don't trust Flacco to do much against the SEC secondary and the FCS/Indep. team in general lacks speed.

I like having big, tall WRs to help Flacco but it's just not a good match up.

Skill position wise the SEC matches up well with most of the others but I don't like their overall chances with the trenches. Solid but not spectacular IMO but enough to get passed this one comfortably.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 02:09 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the interesting match up here would be the two SEC OTs vs the FCS bookends

Overall, I think that the SEC secondary manages to keep the passing game contained while their skill position players overwhelm the FCS D

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 05-16-2012, 02:16 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloopy View Post
I think the interesting match up here would be the two SEC OTs vs the FCS bookends

Overall, I think that the SEC secondary manages to keep the passing game contained while their skill position players overwhelm the FCS D
Yeah obviously Allen is great coming from RE while Mathis has been a consistent force off the left side, however Peters was a beast last year and the overall SEC offensive line is pretty solid. I also like Foster's chances against that front better than Fred Jackson against the SEC front, especially the right side of that line which could be a weakness, especially Birk and Bernadeau

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 03:46 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is a cool idea, but Notre Dame should not count for the Black Sheep team haha
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 05:14 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
This is a cool idea, but Notre Dame should not count for the Black Sheep team haha
Haha I had to fit them in somewhere and it didn't feel right just randomly adding them to another division :)

Thanks for the support of the idea, I'll be posting the final one in a bit so make sure to vote

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 05-16-2012, 05:44 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

SEC wins that game 9/10 times. Because thats how many times theyd have to play to convince me Flacco can win one.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 05:58 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i like black people like vidae and strip so i choose them
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 06:59 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The SEC has enough great players they could field 2-3 teams that would defeat the black sheep team.

Quick Off the top of head 2nd team

Not the best interior Oline...but a stout defensive line with killer CB's. Weak linebacker corp that would probably force the team to play some sort of 4-2-5. Still believe would defeat the Black Sheep team.
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 02:56 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Just like the cupcake games that begin seasons, the SEC beat up on the FCS like they were a red headed step child.

The FCS Secondary was able to hold up and the NASCAR like Dline was able to apply plenty of pressure on Eli but Foster was able to do enough to keep them from pinning their ears back completely and Eli was able to move the chains.

The SEC secondary kept the FCS WR from being able to move down the field deep keeping Flacco from being able to play to his strengths.

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote: