Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-12-2007, 09:47 PM    (permalink
JMiah
Rookie

JMiah hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Question concerning NFL Sponsor...

I know that Reebok is the NFL sponsor, but for how long? Does this change hands often? It seems like Champion was a few years back, but maybe I am dreaming...

Do players have to wear Reebok stuff, because it seems unlike college where different schools have different sponsors... it seems that they all have to wear Reebok jerseys, but can they switch up shoes? (Didn't Bush get in trouble for that last year?)
Old 04-12-2007, 09:50 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

NFL players have to wear either Nike or Reebok cleats. Bush was fined for wearing Adidas cleats (who are his sponsor), but Adidas paid the fine.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 09:52 PM    (permalink
JMiah
Rookie

JMiah hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

What is the deal with that? Why only Nike or Reebok?
Old 04-12-2007, 09:53 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMiah View Post
What is the deal with that? Why only Nike or Reebok?
They're the official sponsors of the NFL. I believe Under Armour also has an agreement with them so UA cleats may be acceptable too.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 11:47 AM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i don't understand how Addidas owns Reebok, yet players can't wear Addidas.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 12:07 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is Xbox the game sponser of the NFL because every year they have the madden tourny all the people are playing Xbox

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 12:53 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think xbox is just the sponsor of the madden tournament, i know they said they wanted to do it on the wii though

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 09:38 PM    (permalink
mfkrush
Rookie

mfkrush hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
Is Xbox the game sponser of the NFL because every year they have the madden tourny all the people are playing Xbox
That is just the selection of Ea Sports I believe. It has nothing to do with actual sponsorship. However EA Sports owns sole ownership of players or something. No other game can feature NFL stuff. Names or teams.
mfkrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 09:55 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
NFL players have to wear either Nike or Reebok cleats. Bush was fined for wearing Adidas cleats (who are his sponsor), but Adidas paid the fine.
The actually paid the fine for the entire year because Bush wore them all season. Crazy.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 11:32 PM    (permalink
Vince Lombardi
Pro Bowler

Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfkrush View Post
That is just the selection of Ea Sports I believe. It has nothing to do with actual sponsorship. However EA Sports owns sole ownership of players or something. No other game can feature NFL stuff. Names or teams.
EA has exclusive rights to the NFL for two more years I believe, I wouldn't expect the NFL to redo that deal when it expires though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.
Vince Lombardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 02:02 PM    (permalink
Thomas7399

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Lombardi View Post
EA has exclusive rights to the NFL for two more years I believe, I wouldn't expect the NFL to redo that deal when it expires though.
That deal took away the 2nd greatest football videogame ever made (behind Tecmo of course)

.....reminicses of Bo Jackson zig-zag