Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Who wins?
SEC 19 43.18%
PAC 12 25 56.82%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-17-2012, 02:18 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default SEC vs PAC 12

SEC

PAC 12

Can the speedy skill position players of the SEC stand up to the violent defense that is the PAC 12?

Can the talented SEC CBs cover the speedy PAC 12 WRs?

Can the all time great Abraham get after Aaron Rodgers and disrupt a potent passing attack?

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Miller is visual sex on the field.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 02:30 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is a real good match up.

I like both offenses and I think they could score against any defense.

Neither offensive line is dominant but they are both steady.

I think this one comes down to who can create more pressure with their front 7 and I think that goes to the Pac 12 quite comfortably.

With Ngata up front and T-Sizzle and Clay coming off the edge they should constantly be in the offensive backfield.

I like the four man line of the SEC but I just don't see it causing as much damage up front.

Both secondarys are strong so it may come down to which QB has more time to throw. I'll take Rodgers against the SEC over Eli against the Pac 12

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 02:43 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This one is a nice matchup.

Quarterback, running back, and offensive line are pretty much a push. The SEC has better receivers but the PAC-10 has a slightly better Tight End. Both have a great corner and pretty even safeties.

The advantage comes from the front seven. They are pretty even there but give me Suggs and Matthews over Johnson and Witherspoon any day. In a close one, PAC 12.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 03:21 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have to go with the SEC and the 5 UGA players including 3 of the 4 DL.
Old 05-17-2012, 03:32 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan View Post
I have to go with the SEC and the 5 UGA players including 3 of the 4 DL.
I'm not saying you did this, but I just want to take the time to remind everyone that you aren't just supposed to vote for who you think the best conference is or the conference your favorite team plays in.

If we did that I don't think anyone would think of the defense that the Pac12 team actually has etc. we would just go based on preconceived stereotypes

Again georgiafan, I'm not saying you did it. I'm just reminding everyone.

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 05-17-2012, 03:44 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I went with the SEC but this one was even closer than the ACC/Big10. I could have gone either way with this one though. I almost regret voting SEC already but meh.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 03:47 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I voted Pac 12 and as others have said it isn't by much.
Old 05-17-2012, 06:07 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

votes are a lot closer on this one than I though it would be

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 05-17-2012, 06:49 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Trufant can't be the other Pac-10 corner.....off the top of my head, maybe Terrell Thomas instead? Because Wallace vs. Trufant would be an absolute raping, and enough to swing my vote in favor of the SEC.
Old 05-17-2012, 06:57 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eli throwing the ball to Mike Wallace

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 07:16 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think you've gotta go SEC, that run game paired with that line and WR combination would be too good to pass
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 07:37 PM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel like cam should be the qb
Old 05-17-2012, 07:42 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21ST View Post
Why? (10 char)

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 05-17-2012, 08:17 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21ST View Post
Ehhh maybe you should keep those feelings to yourself.
Old 05-17-2012, 08:38 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Went with the PAC12. I think another WR and CB need to be added for both with how the NFL is today.

tjsunstein is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 08:45 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiFan24 View Post
Trufant can't be the other Pac-10 corner.....off the top of my head, maybe Terrell Thomas instead? Because Wallace vs. Trufant would be an absolute raping, and enough to swing my vote in favor of the SEC.
Trufant has atleast 2, possibly 4 pac12 corners ahead of him on the depth chart on his own team...maybe if this was 2006 he could be on there.
Old 05-17-2012, 09:01 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxXdragonXxX View Post
Trufant has atleast 2, possibly 4 pac12 corners ahead of him on the depth chart on his own team...maybe if this was 2006 he could be on there.
Hmmm, seems to be a consensus, if they do make it through to the championship I will change the roster.

Could we maybe get a vote going for who should replace him.

I myself liked Browner the best but I wasn't sure about the rest of the boards feelings on him and went with the guy at least everyone will

Also while we are on the subject, I was really tempted to go T.J. Ward over Troy, however I figured an argument could be made that with that stacked of a defense, Troy would be able to roam and do what he does best

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Went with the PAC12. I think another WR and CB need to be added for both with how the NFL is today.
I will definitely take this into consideration and possibly add a WR and CB to each team for the championship game.

I'm not sure I would want to add them now as some people have already voted

I'll also throw my two cents in here:

I think that despite Trufant, the rest of the D is about as solid as it gets.

The SEC has a good line but I can't imagine that they would be able to fend off that front 7, especially if Troy was free to throw in some safety blitzes.

Foster would likely be bottled up, and the receivers might not even be able to make it down field before Eli would be on his ass.

On the other hand, I think the Pac 12 have a good enough line to give Rodgers time to make the throws he needs to and you can't discount Rodgers' mobility

Then I look at the SEC safety duo. Clark isn't a slouch but I don't think he is going to keep anyone from trying the deep ball. Berry is good but he may have to be on Gronk all day long if they even hope to contain his #s.

I had to go Pac 12 here.

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:

Last edited by Sloopy : 05-17-2012 at 09:14 PM.
Old 05-17-2012, 09:16 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
QB: Aaron Rodgers
RB: Maurice Jones-Drew
WR: Steve Smith
WR: Desean Jackson
TE: Rob Gronkowski
I think I just had a footballgasm.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 09:20 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloopy View Post
Hmmm, seems to be a consensus, if they do make it through to the championship I will change the roster.

Could we maybe get a vote going for who should replace him.

I myself liked Browner the best but I wasn't sure about the rest of the boards feelings on him and went with the guy at least everyone will

Also while we are on the subject, I was really tempted to go T.J. Ward over Troy, however I figured an argument could be made that with that stacked of a defense, Troy would be able to roam and do what he does best

I will definitely take this into consideration and possibly add a WR and CB to each team for the championship game.

I'm not sure I would want to add them now as some people have already voted

I'll also throw my two cents in here:

I think that despite Trufant, the rest of the D is about as solid as it gets.

The SEC has a good line but I can't imagine that they would be able to fend off that front 7, especially if Troy was free to throw in some safety blitzes.

Foster would likely be bottled up, and the receivers might not even be able to make it down field before Eli would be on his ass.

On the other hand, I think the Pac 12 have a good enough line to give Rodgers time to make the throws he needs to and you can't discount Rodgers' mobility

Then I look at the SEC safety duo. Clark isn't a slouch but I don't think he is going to keep anyone from trying the deep ball. Berry is good but he may have to be on Gronk all day long if they even hope to contain his #s.

I had to go Pac 12 here.
Eli behind that line would have more time than he did behind the giants OL this year. *shrug* Plus Eli throwing the ball deep to Mike Wallace and Hakeem Nicks-SEC edition. Bonerific.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-17-2012, 09:23 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just curious why Geno Atkins is at DT over Nick Fairley, Jay Ratliff, Kyle Williams?

Maybe Joe Haden over Champ Bailey? Richard Seymour could be a backup.

Jerod Mayo over Witherspoon or Johnson?

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 09:25 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The SEC does not put out great D-Line men
Old 05-17-2012, 09:27 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
Just curious why Geno Atkins is at DT over Nick Fairley

Jerod Mayo over Witherspoon or Johnson?
What has Fairley proved to be over Atkins?

and Mayo is on the list...
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 09:31 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Fairley isn't, but I'd take Kyle Williams over Richard Seymour and Haden or Webster over Champ. Charles Johnson seems like he could be upgraded on and the same goes for Clark.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-17-2012, 09:32 PM    (permalink
JHL6719
Veteran

JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
The SEC does not put out great D-Line men

Since when?
JHL6719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 10:33 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHL6719 View Post
Since when?
Since Geno and John Abraham are on the list.