Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 05-17-2012, 07:45 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Was Fewell ahead of the curve because of the lack of personnel or because he was smart enough to realize what was going on? I'm leaning towards the former.
Fewell is kinda ********, but like Gilbride his X's and O's aren't what make him ********. He's a pretty smart football strategy guy. It's balancing his personnel with the schemes he wants to implement that he's terrible at.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 08:01 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Blaming is great fun but the Giant's defense came to life when the injuries went away. The talent was always there, it just needed to stay healthy.
Easy to blame coaches when key personnel get injured. I'd say ditto for KC where their star QB, RB and Safety all went down and the HC paid with his job.
Injuries can always derail a season or part of a season, it all depends on when they occur. Get them early like the Giants did and have the players come back in time for the playoffs and a team has a shot. Get them early and they remain injured for the season or get them later and you are done for the season. Ask KC or Chicago fans?
Old 05-17-2012, 08:58 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
Blaming is great fun but the Giant's defense came to life when the injuries went away. The talent was always there, it just needed to stay healthy.
Easy to blame coaches when key personnel get injured. I'd say ditto for KC where their star QB, RB and Safety all went down and the HC paid with his job.
Injuries can always derail a season or part of a season, it all depends on when they occur. Get them early like the Giants did and have the players come back in time for the playoffs and a team has a shot. Get them early and they remain injured for the season or get them later and you are done for the season. Ask KC or Chicago fans?
WHAT?
Old 05-17-2012, 09:09 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
That doesn't explain Fewell's first year here which was awful just like most of the season last year. It's called inflexible and he was it for a long time.

Also don't ever put star QB and Cassel together. Ever.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 12:08 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ok, it's been a busy day. What are the "37" sapphires symbolic of in your new SB rings?

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 12:13 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
Ok, it's been a busy day. What are the "37" sapphires symbolic of in your new SB rings?
Is it symbolic? I just read they wanted to get some blue on the ring because the last one didn't have any.
Old 05-18-2012, 12:19 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah it doesn't represent anything.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-18-2012, 01:30 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would have figured the 37 would have had some significance other than the answer to a trivia question.

Old 05-18-2012, 01:34 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

CJ gracing the Giants forums. I feel rather honored.

But yeah, I don't think it stands for anything that I know of.
Old 05-18-2012, 02:00 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
CJ gracing the Giants forums. I feel rather honored.

But yeah, I don't think it stands for anything that I know of.
And don't you forget it. No, seriously, where else would I go to for Giants info all the while being taken seriously.

Old 05-19-2012, 09:56 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I'll give him credit for finally switching things up even though it was super super super super late. Let's hope he continues.
That still bothers me how late he made adjustments and it was because the players met with him before the Jets game and after the redskins game. What happens if the players don't go meet with him? Then what? I will be watching that side of the ball yet again.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 09:11 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm watching Super Bowl 42 on NFL Network right now, and maaaaaan what a brilliant game plan by Spagnuolo. I miss him so much. He was so damn good.

And our dline played out of it's mind that night. It really is unbelievable watching this game over again and seeing the type of pressure we got on every down. It was unbelievable.

The greatest football game I ever saw in my life, and I highly doubt we as Giants fans will ever see a better game in our lifetime. That was the best. It can't be matched.
Old 05-23-2012, 11:33 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really hope we see some progression from Linval this year. He has great ability, he's strong as an ox and is great in the run game, but he can be even better with some development. He's huge, he's strong and has very long arms. He's kind of like a poor man's Brockers.

Just going back and watching some games, you saw times where he was blocked way too easily on passing downs. He has no pass rush moves at all. Look at the play where Tuck gets the safety in the SB. Go watch Joseph. He was completely stonewalled on that play and he was just locked up. He's too big and strong for that to happen the way it did.

He can dominate inside with some development. I like him a lot, he's already a great run stuffer. I just hope he can take his game to the next level. He showed glimpses in the SB.

I want to see consistency from him.
Old 05-23-2012, 01:12 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

He's still young and raw so I'm very impressed with how much improvement he already made from year one to two. He's currently one of my favorite players already so I'm thinking about buying his jersey. He'll be in the Kevin Williams type mode this year I think.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-23-2012, 01:16 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was thinking about getting 2 more jerseys, have JPP and Nicks right now. Joesph and Randle maybe, if Randle shows anything.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 01:16 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I see him more as Pat Williams. Which is fine with me.
Old 05-23-2012, 01:22 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I actually see him almost a perfect hybrid between the 2 Williams. I don't think he'll get to the passer as good as Kevin but close and won't be able to play the run as good as Pat but close.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-23-2012, 01:23 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
I was thinking about getting 2 more jerseys, have JPP and Nicks right now. Joesph and Randle maybe, if Randle shows anything.
I only have Eli and Nicks right now with Shockey and Smith "retired". Need to get a few more.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-23-2012, 01:23 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I wish we still had Waufle. He's the best dline coach in the business imo. Imagine what he'd do with JPP and Joseph.
Old 05-23-2012, 03:30 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Looks like Witherspoon tore his new ACL in the first practice today. Glad we drafted a CB, we can never have enough.
Old 05-23-2012, 05:23 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

He was behind Tryon, Johnson, and probably Hosely anyway.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-24-2012, 02:41 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Nicks broke his foot. Out 3 months. That puts him awfully close to opening game especially since we play on Wednesday. Crap.
Old 05-24-2012, 02:42 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Awesome start to the year so far...
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 02:46 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I'm telling you, we need to re-evaluate our training staff and medical staff.

We must have the worst medical and training staff in the league, this is getting ridiculous how we are amongst the league leaders in injuries every freaking year. It's not a coincidence anymore. Our guys are not training properly and healing properly.

I think stretching is a big issue with our team too bc of all the muscle injuries we see every year.
Old 05-24-2012, 02:46 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Oh and hey Ramses Barden, if you ride the bike this training camp you can go **** yourself you worthless piece of ****. Time to step up or gtfo.