Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-16-2012, 08:51 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I forgot about the absolute worst thing in the finale: the resolution of the Opera House thing that they hyped up for multiple seasons. Seriously, what the ****?

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 08:56 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

whats wrong with it? don't know what to defend
Old 05-16-2012, 09:00 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The fact that they hyped the scene by having all characters dream about it for multiple seasons, and it's supposed to be this huge thing. Then of course, it pretty much amounts to nothing.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 11:22 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought it was really well done, would be one of my favorite stills from the series
Old 05-16-2012, 11:58 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The fact that they hyped the scene by having all characters dream about it for multiple seasons, and it's supposed to be this huge thing. Then of course, it pretty much amounts to nothing.
Even though you're not actually spoiling anything, still use spoilers tags you inconsiderate ****. there's a chance that you might say something that's not wrong.

Last edited by TACKLE : 05-17-2012 at 12:04 AM.
TACKLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 01:02 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Even though you're not actually spoiling anything, still use spoilers tags you inconsiderate ****. there's a chance that you might say something that's not wrong.

I'm not spoiling a damn thing. That "spoiler" is so vague that it's impossible to infer anything from it.

RIP TheManInBlack

Last edited by Brodeur : 05-17-2012 at 01:04 AM.
Old 05-17-2012, 01:10 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

And to reiterate in a non spoiler manner, I do very much like Battlestar Galactica. It just suffers from the same problem as Lost, in that they didn't really know how to end it and suffered immensely in my opinion as a result. Then again, I've seen The Shield finale so I know that perfection in a finale can be achieved (I'm pretty sure only Gonzo, Diab, and ATL from off the top of my head have seen it as well).

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 05-17-2012, 01:37 AM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Saw my first episode of Leverage today...gotta say I liked it. Gonna have to catch up on it.

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 02:29 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
All-NFLDC

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I will give you this Brodeur, the ending of The Shield was ******* incredible. I would rank it right up there with Six Feet Under as my favourite finale. That said I thoroughly enjoyed all of BSG.
Old 05-17-2012, 09:28 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
And to reiterate in a non spoiler manner, I do very much like Battlestar Galactica. It just suffers from the same problem as Lost, in that they didn't really know how to end it and suffered immensely in my opinion as a result. Then again, I've seen The Shield finale so I know that perfection in a finale can be achieved (I'm pretty sure only Gonzo, Diab, and ATL from off the top of my head have seen it as well).
The Shield is up there as one of the best series I've ever seen. Just a great story and story line from season one episode 1 to the finale.

I just hope Sons of Anarchy doesn't suffer the same fate as LOST, BSG because it seems like Sutter just doesn't know how to end a season and I am hesitant to see how he ends the series.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 09:45 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Sutter needs to just ask Shawn Ryan for help on ending it.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 05-17-2012, 10:40 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any The Wire fans here, I am running a mafia themed game based on the show and I promise you I won't ruin Omar!

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/show...91#post3003391
Old 05-18-2012, 12:45 AM    (permalink
Docta
Veteran

Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Breakout Kings was cancelled for anyone that cares..
Docta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 08:22 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docta View Post
Breakout Kings was cancelled for anyone that cares..
Hmmm. I thought it was cancelled a couple years ago.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 10:15 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
Hmmm. I thought it was cancelled a couple years ago.
Last year was only the second season, so.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 05:02 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Season two of Alphas starts July 23rd...
Old 05-18-2012, 05:02 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Season two of Alphas starts July 23rd...
Yeah I just saw that! I'm pretty excited for it!

Old 05-18-2012, 10:23 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Anyone happen to catch "Scandal" on ABC? A friend was telling me that I should check it out. I'm a junkie for political shows in general and was wondering if anyone has checked it out. It was recently renewed for a second season too.

Hmm, all seven episodes are available on Hulu Plus. Anyone have a Hulu Plus account they don't mind me using for two days? Will rep for all eternity. ;D

edit: Ugh, the first two episodes are the ones you need Hulu Plus for. Anyone have a Hulu Plus account they don't mind me using for two hours? Will rep for all eternity and also give a reacharound. ;D

Last edited by vidae : 05-18-2012 at 10:25 PM.
Old 05-18-2012, 10:37 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Uh oh ...

http://www.vulture.com/2012/05/dan-h...-nbc-sony.html
Old 05-18-2012, 10:50 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Vulture has it wrong. He is staying on as a Consulting Producer, so he isn't going to be gone from the show completely.

But yeah.. it does suck.

http://www.deadline.com/2012/05/davi...y-next-season/

edit: Oh, they mentioned it in the Vulture article, I just completely missed it for some reason.

edit2: Wow I didn't know Dan Harmon was a co-creator of Channel101, haha.

Last edited by vidae : 05-18-2012 at 10:56 PM.
Old 05-18-2012, 11:12 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So what does this mean for the show?

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 11:28 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Hopefully he continues to write but who knows. The new show runners were writers on Happy Endings so I don't think the quality will fall TOO BAD.. but they really are completely different shows.

I'm hoping the current writing staff stays so there is no sweeping changes.

Old 05-18-2012, 11:29 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ehh this sounds bad. Maybe they should have just cancelled it.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-18-2012, 11:32 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Ehh this sounds bad. Maybe they should have just cancelled it.
I dunno about that. The fact that he is staying on in ANY capacity is a good sign in my opinion. The quality might go down but I don't think it'll go down THAT much.

Old 05-18-2012, 11:37 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I dunno about that. The fact that he is staying on in ANY capacity is a good sign in my opinion. The quality might go down but I don't think it'll go down THAT much.
I hope you're right. Don't want it to be sullied.

sig by BoneKrusher