Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-18-2012, 11:41 PM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anybody watching Magic City, it isnt particularly great but i get off of work late fridays and its kept me entertained
Old 05-18-2012, 11:45 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some comedies can do fine replacing showrunners (Simpsons) while others can struggle (Office), so who knows.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 11:58 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I signed up for the free week of Hulu Plus and it has all 71 episodes of Community on there.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 11:58 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitansCJftw View Post
Anybody watching Magic City, it isnt particularly great but i get off of work late fridays and its kept me entertained
Doesn't work as a replacement for Spartacus.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 05-19-2012, 12:05 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Someone on another forum said that the writers twitter accounts indicate that they're mostly leaving, and Sony is going to broaden the audience. This is going to end well.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 05-19-2012, 12:40 AM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I signed up for the free week of Hulu Plus and it has all 71 episodes of Community on there.

My friend has Hulu Plus and lets me use his account, its usually how I keep up with Community. Quick access to any episode also the Tits McGee.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 12:43 AM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Someone on another forum said that the writers twitter accounts indicate that they're mostly leaving, and Sony is going to broaden the audience. This is going to end well.

I guess I'll wait to see how its changed, but if it changes how I'd expect it to, I'd rather have it cancelled with preserved integrity. But alas, we'll see. Will give it its fair shot.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 01:06 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I hope that's not true. Happy Endings is quite an awesome show so hopefully it won't drop off a ton but if they stop doing the themed episodes it would suck. I understand they cut off some viewers with how specific their themes may be but hopefully they don't drop the writing style.

It is quite baller.
Old 05-19-2012, 01:20 AM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Doesn't work as a replacement for Spartacus.
I was about to ask what that means but realized they are both on starz meh i dont get any movie channels
Old 05-19-2012, 01:28 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah that isn't good. Bleh.

Old 05-19-2012, 01:32 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Yeah that isn't good. Bleh.
It's up to 4 writers gone now, I think.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 05-19-2012, 01:33 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really don't see the point of trying to broaden the audience. I'm curious how many shows after three seasons have actually succeeded in significantly expanding their audience (and thus raised ratings significant).
Old 05-19-2012, 01:34 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
I really don't see the point of trying to broaden the audience. I'm curious how many shows after three seasons have actually succeeded in significantly expanding their audience (and thus raised ratings significant).
This is literally the same thing that happened to Veronica Mars, except they kept on Rob Thomas, for the third season. Look what happened there (HINT: It got a hell of a lot worse). This is NOT NBC's fault though, this is on Sony because they are trying to get it to syndication.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 05-19-2012, 01:53 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Sony didn't HAVE to do this though, that is the most infuriating part about this. Community is at 71 episodes, +the 13 for next year makes it at 84, which is technically 4 shy of the 88 needed for stripped syndication, but it's like.. it's ALREADY ON COMEDY CENTRAL. Do you really need to hit those extra FOUR episodes?

The Community audience was never a powerhouse, and it was never going to be, let's be real (and the fact that it's on the Friday death slot means NBC knew it too).. but come on, don't completely destroy it. There aren't a lot of us, but we ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS SHOW the way it is.

Ugh. **** off Sony.

Old 05-19-2012, 01:59 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Sony has magic powers when it comes to getting shows to syndication. They managed to pull it off with 'Til Death, and NOBODY watched that show after the first season (I never even watched it then, but I think it had a few million viewers). Sony wants it to hit 100 episodes though I think, which they didn't think was possible with Dan Harmon. Also, they're losing billions every quarter because they're a mismanaged fuckstick company.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 05-19-2012, 02:03 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Sony has magic powers when it comes to getting shows to syndication. They managed to pull it off with 'Til Death, and NOBODY watched that show after the first season (I never even watched it then, but I think it had a few million viewers). Sony wants it to hit 100 episodes though I think, which they didn't think was possible with Dan Harmon. Also, they're losing billions every quarter because they're a mismanaged fuckstick company.
Warner Bros is known for it too but they've largely left the production / creative teams in tact. They did it for Chuck and they're doing it for Fringe. But nooo, Sony actually thinks Community is going to be around for two entire seasons to hit that 100 mark? Give me a break. It won't on NBC, and it especially won't without Dan Harmon and most of the writing staff.

Give me millions and let me invest it for you Sony. I couldn't do any worse than you're doing right now. :\

Old 05-19-2012, 02:36 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Sony is a crap company, outside of their televisions. It's not surprising they've been doing terrible over the past several years financially.
Old 05-19-2012, 08:31 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah the Ps3 sucks too. **** you Sony.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 09:05 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Samusung has better TV's anyway. I'll really never buy anything Sony ever again.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 09:07 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Boycott Sony products petition!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 09:09 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Read it and weep:
http://danharmon.tumblr.com/
Old 05-19-2012, 09:59 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
I agree. Prototype 2 is friggin' awesome.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 10:13 AM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Better off Ted was my favorite show, and it lasted all of two seasons. They didn't even air the final two episodes. When the shows creator was asked why it didn't catch on, he said:

Quote:
"I think not enough people knew about it. It wasn’t like we had a lot of people watch it and they didn’t come back to it. If anything, I think we were building slowly, but to me the way TV works is you spend a lot of money advertising and promoting, or you have to let a show stay someplace for a long period of time and an audience slowly comes to it. And I don’t think we got either of that"
It sounds like the same thing applies to Community. I had never heard of it until a couple of weeks ago when I came here and thought "Okay, what the hell is this Community Thread???"
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 11:40 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
Better off Ted was my favorite show, and it lasted all of two seasons. They didn't even air the final two episodes. When the shows creator was asked why it didn't catch on, he said:

It sounds like the same thing applies to Community. I had never heard of it until a couple of weeks ago when I came here and thought "Okay, what the hell is this Community Thread???"
I could not get into Better Off Ted whatsoever. It kind of reminded me of Scrubs a little, but without the heart. I was shocked, because it seemed like the kind of show I generally love, but it just couldn't keep me interested.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 11:56 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
I could not get into Better Off Ted whatsoever. It kind of reminded me of Scrubs a little, but without the heart. I was shocked, because it seemed like the kind of show I generally love, but it just couldn't keep me interested.
I think it's mainly because you suck.

RIP TheManInBlack