Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-20-2012, 11:50 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
There O-Line is good yes, but Thomas and Decker are nothing special and they lost Royal. I like Thomas, but him and Decker are just average receivers right now. Hopefully for Denver fans, Peyton can make them great, but I don't see Decker breaking out. Thomas has the potential to, but he needs Peyton to be the old Peyton.
I thought Decker played really well and he can only look better with Peyton at the helm.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 12:08 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lets be real, the Broncos won a very tight division race.. three teams were at 8-8 and the Chiefs were 7-9. They had an ok draft, but not one you'd consider a slam dunk and their best WR is Eric Decker. They're not some offensive powerhouse.

And yes, Peyton is a first ballot HoFer, but he hasn't played in over a year and has had surgery recently. If this were any other player people would temper expectations but since it's Peyton it's omg super bowlz timezzz.

At this point the only thing the Broncos can do is be underwhelming. Everyone is picking them to dominate the AFC West and make a deep playoff run and I just don't see it happening.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 12:10 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
QB - Chiefs
RB - Chiefs
WR - Chiefs
TE - 49ers
OL - 49ers

DL - 49ers
LB - 49ers
CB - Chiefs
S - Chiefs

Both teams are very talented. Chiefs probably have a better defense, 49ers have a better defense. I like both teams to get far into the playoffs however.
I agree that both teams are stacked on paper.

I'm hoping this season will bring more respect to the 49ers secondary. Yardage numbers take away from how well I feel that unit plays.
Old 05-20-2012, 12:11 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I grew up in Northern California and most of my family there are still huge 49er fans, so I tend to watch a lot of their games, and that secondary does get **** on far too often by media/fans. It's a good unit. They're not GREAT, but they're definitely good enough. I don't see a defensive weakness on that team to be honest.

Old 05-20-2012, 12:26 PM    (permalink
broncosfan
Rookie

broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The division is up for grabs and it will be a close battle for it. I hope the AFC West becomes a power house again, I'm sick and tired of an 8-8, 9-7 or whatever division champion.
broncosfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 12:33 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Over the past three years, the Chiefs have routinely drafted prospects that I love (outside Jon Baldwin...I ******* hated him as a prospect). The amount of talent they have stacked on that team is absolutely ridiculous. They have three Top 11 picks starting along the defensive line in Dorsey, Jackson and Poe, they have a very solid LB core with Hali and DJ as stalworts, and Flowers and Berry are both incredible young defensive backs. Not to mention, there's a ton of undeveloped talent like Allen Bailey, Justin Houston and others stashed in the depth of that defense.

Wouldn't shock me at all to see that become one of the NFL's elite units with RC in charge. IMO, KC should win that division and I wouldn't be shocked to see a playoff victory.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 12:47 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I mean, that defense was already pretty close to the very elite of the NFL with Jon McGraw and Sabby Piscitelli out there at S (don't get me wrong, I really like McGraw) and very little depth. They're now deep, more athletic, more talented, and more confident. How good that defense is going to be is severely underplayed.
Old 05-20-2012, 01:14 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like KC a lot. I think they're stacked with talent. The problem is, Matt Cassell is just so terrible. If they get 2009 Matt Cassell who can manage the game, then watch out. But if not, then uhhh...they're not going anywhere.

I honestly think that the AFC West puts 2 teams in the playoffs this year. I think the Broncos are a lock, bc let's face it, it's Peyton Manning.

The 2nd team will be a race btw KC and SD. KC has a lot more overall talent, but SD has Philip Rivers. So it will be interesting to see how that shapes up.
Old 05-20-2012, 01:15 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosfan View Post
No, you're wrong. They're giving the division to the team that actually WON it last year. That team aka the Denver Broncos, return with all of their key players and now have replaced (in the words of many people in this forum) the worst ever starting qb in the NFL Tim Tebow with 1st ballot HoF Peyton Manning. So no my friend, they're not giving the division to Peyton Manning.
So, you are saying they would still be the favorites if they didn't have Peyton Manning?

I'm pretty sure everyone would be giving SD the edge (like always) if Denver didn't have Peyton Manning.
Old 05-20-2012, 01:20 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
So, you are saying they would still be the favorites if they didn't have Peyton Manning?

I'm pretty sure everyone would be giving SD the edge (like always) if Denver didn't have Peyton Manning.
What he said. The Chiefs went 10-6 and were predicted to finish 3rd in 2011. They were wrong though, cuz we finished 4th! Ha, take that!

Winning a division title doesn't mean you're the favorites to win it the next year.

Old 05-20-2012, 01:29 PM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
IMO KC is the equivalent of the 49ers in the AFC.
I stopped reading at this point.

God damn it.

No offense, but your Raiders draft sucks.
Abaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 01:32 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abaddon View Post
I stopped reading at this point.
Thank you for your wonderful contribution to this thread. I'm sure that absolutely needed to be said and everyone is glad you were the man for the job.

To be honest I'm surprised a Raiders fan could even read that much.

Come at me.

Old 05-20-2012, 01:34 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

49ers fans have been acting like their team is the greatest thing since sliced bread all offseason.
Old 05-20-2012, 01:34 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Giants are pretty good

*leaves thread*
Old 05-20-2012, 01:37 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
The Giants are pretty good

*leaves thread*
When i clicked on the thread seeing you had posted, i thought i was going to post "BBD has spoken. /thread", but you have to go all troll on us don't you?!

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 01:38 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Im not a homer, it happened, it's a fact. The Broncos won the division last year, won a playoff game and now return this year with an improvement at the QB position.

Im not saying the Broncos are the best team ever and will definitely win the Super Bowl this year, my point is that it's not a stretch to say they are the favorites to win the division again.
Its pretty stretchy, I'd say. They replaced a young, sturdy QB with a winning record with an old, historically great QB coming off multiple neck surgeries. And Denver backed into the playoffs last year after losing to the Chiefs in Week 17. Assuming the Chiefs don't get raped by the injury bug again, I think they will beat Denver twice end route to an AFC West title. They will then lose in the 1st round unless their offensive line and defense take dramatic steps forward.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 01:39 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

It's not trolling when your team actually won the SB.
Old 05-20-2012, 01:40 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
When i clicked on the thread seeing you had posted, i thought i was going to post "BBD has spoken. /thread", but you have to go all troll on us don't you?!
I had a decent post before that. I'll leave my trolling for basketball.
Old 05-20-2012, 01:48 PM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Thank you for your wonderful contribution to this thread. I'm sure that absolutely needed to be said and everyone is glad you were the man for the job.

To be honest I'm surprised a Raiders fan could even read that much.

Come at me.
If you're really entertaining that comparison, by all means, have fun. It's May. Everyone is a little delusional this time of year.

God damn it.

No offense, but your Raiders draft sucks.
Abaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 01:54 PM    (permalink
broncosfan
Rookie

broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Winning a division title doesn't mean you're the favorites to win it the next year.
Teams who have the best QB in their division are usually considered favorites. That's why the Chargers have been considered the favorites to win the division for the last 5 or 6 years.
broncosfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 02:03 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I had a decent post before that. I'll leave my trolling for basketball.
You're right, i didn't see that.

BBD has spoken. /thread

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 02:12 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Teams who have the best QB in their division are usually considered favorites. That's why the Chargers have been considered the favorites to win the division for the last 5 or 6 years.
Which is why I said people are giving the Div to Peyton Manning.

You are the one acting like people are picking them because they won the Div last year.
Old 05-20-2012, 03:10 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't really see why the Broncos should be favored over the Chiefs or anybody in the AFC West for that matter at the moment. A few months ago we weren't even sure if Peyton Manning would ever play again, and even when he was playing in 2010 he wasn't his usual dominant self. He had a little less zip on his throws, and without some of his longtime targets he looked a little off. I think some people expect now that Peyton is on a team with a little more talent to revert back to 2005 Peyton and start making a run at the record books again. So much of what Peyton does is dependent on timing and cohesion with his receivers, and being able to press the ball into tight spaces on seam routes and comeback routes. I'm not entirely sure if he'll be able to do that in a game setting again with all the injuries and new faces he has to deal with.

That defense needs a lot of work too. For a brief period of time they were dominant, but they were exposed badly pretty much any time they faced an explosive offense too. Detroit, New England, and Green Bay absolutely went off on them. Their defense doesn't excel in a lot of areas outside of Doom and Miller either.

Plus the fact that they have to face New England and Houston where a team like KC has to face Miami and Indianapolis doesn't help either.

Nobody in the division is a slam dunk, but unless Peyton comes back and is Peyton circa 3 years ago, I don't see how Denver is a better team than the rest of the division.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 03:54 PM    (permalink
KCStud
Rookie

KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Broncos OL is very suspect IMO. Last year Clady gave up 9 sacks and 12 penalties. He's been average since his rookie year.

Franklin struggled last year, especially against speed rushers. Walton also struggled more often than not.

I think you'll see Peyton struggling against the pressure with his OL.

JUST DRAFT A QB DAMNIT!!!
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 04:03 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Peyton has played behind worse OLs than the one Denver has. Hell, Peyton has played on worse teams than Denver has. The guy is money, he'll get that team to the playoffs as long as he's healthy.

Even if his arm suffers a little, which all indications say is not the case, his ability to get the ball out quick and accurately more than makes up for it.

If you think about it, the Broncos are a lot like the old Colts:

1. On defense they have 2 edge rushers who can hunt, and the rest of the unit is mediocre/average.

2. On offense, they have a great #1 WR (Thomas/Wayne), a solid TE (Tamme/Tamme), a solid #2 WR (Decker/Garcon), mediocre running backs (McGahee/Addai), and avg OL.

The broncos are basically the Peyton Manning Colts. As long as Peyton is healthy, they'll win 10 games.